First Jet Game You Attended

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JIMsection323, Aug 23, 2007.

1. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

Didn't you go to the 2004 jets-ravens game?

2. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Jets vs Dolphins MNF on Christmas in 05 I believe. Rained all game long and it was a puntfest with the exception of a few field goals and a Coles (?) TD. Most boring game ever but the Jets won so it was a good night.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Saw the Jets lose to the Raiders in the preseason of 1976 at Yankee Stadium. Namath was still on the roster, and rookie QB/Punter Richard Todd shanked a punt that netted 3 yards never to attempt a punt again. I made my father take for my birthday that August. It was exciting to see "new" Yankee Stadium which had recently reopened after refurbishment. They had a horrible scoreboard that showed animated graphics but for '76 it was state of the art.

Yes, the Jets used to play preseason games at Yankee Stadium. Back then it was 6 preseason, 14 regular season. Can you imagine?

#143 LogeSection2RowJ, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

any pictures? I'd love to see how that looked.

5. jetmike

jetmike New Member

My first Jets/Titians game was 1960-61 at the Polo Grounds against the Chargers. All I remember is that it was cold and they ran out of hot chocolate. I think the Jets/Titians lost by the way. This will be my 45th year as a season tix holder!

6. LogeSection2RowJ

I wish I took some, though at my age at the time, and the camera available to me, they wouldn't show much ; ) I can tell you that the football field ran from home plate to left-left center field.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

Whoa! I think this is the first post I recall from someone who attended a Polo Grounds game. Wow. Congrats on supporting them this long. What did you end up with at the new Meadowlands Stadium? Still going? You probably could have had Upper Prime first row. If you weren't offered those, it's a crime.

I guess you were one of about six people happy about the retro Titans uniforms they've sported these past three years. ; )

My fondest Jets memories were the sack exchange years at Shea. I loved that team.

#147 LogeSection2RowJ, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

1982 Jets/Giants Preseason game, Traffic was so bad my 1971 Dodge almost ran out of gas on the way home and I had a full tank when I left Long Island.

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

how old are you?

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Lol ROJF.

For me 86 colts-jets. We won, I was 12.

My 8 year old's first game was Game 1, 2008.

11. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

1995. i cant even remember who we played (i was 9.) but i do remember i giant balloon with two balloons hanging off it like a penis that said "Jets suck this" on it. i laughed hysterically and when i got home i told my mom, "they had a big dick balloon because the jets never win. that place is the best. everyone curses and smells like nono (italian for grandpa. and mine always smells like booze because he loves to drink). i wanna go back its fun the jets are cool." needless to say my father and uncle caught a ton of shit for bringing me and i am now a jets fan. i still go with my dad and uncle every week and will continue to do so for the next 15 or so years.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Lets start a first Giants game thread, and boot anyone who has attended one.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

To bad your seniority does not count since the NYJs alleged that all the records before 1977 were "lost". I to am a STHer from 65 onwards. Just another way they put the screws to the old timers who have seen the very best of times SB3 & the PO win over the Raiders & the very worst of times the Kotex era & all that occurred in between those hi & low

14. LogeSection2RowJ

I went to two Giants home games- both against the Jets. Our fuckers lost both of them... On a happier note, the Jets win against the Giants (Jets home game) in '88 was one of the prime Meadowlands moments.

Al Toon - TD!!!

Knocked the Giants out of the playoffs. Game was only for pride to us. Beautiful. My brother and I still recite "Jets Eagles Rams" which were the three teams who needed to win for the Giants to be bounced - and it happened. Fans were chanting it. Remember, the Eagles weren't very good back then. BAD day for the Giants that day was.

#154 LogeSection2RowJ, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  15. Welsh Jet

Welsh Jet New Member

Hey guys, my first post here. My first (and only) Jets game was the 2006 week 17 game against the Raiders where we won and clinched a wild card spot. Great moment and a great season for a gutsy Jets team who nobody gave a chance in hell all year!

I'm flying over from Wales for the Ravens game on September 13. Can't wait to be a part of history.

16. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

First jets game was in the old Orange Bowl in Miami against the dolphins in 1986 -( i grew up in Stuart, FL), parents were from NY so grew up pulling for the jets even though the Dolphins were the "hometown team". That was the game O'Brien and Marion put up 884 net passing yards which Walker caught the td pass w/ no time left seding the game into ovetime. I'm pretty sure that was the highest scoring game between both teams to date.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

That game was in the Meadowlands...September 21, 1986......Jets 51 Miami 45.

18. hockeyman77

hockeyman77 New Member

My first game was Oct.21,1979 vs. the Raiders at Shea. My father got tickets in the mezzanine and the first thing I noticed is how different and beautiful the stadium looked with 55,000 people and the freshly painted football field. I say different because the Mets were lucky to get 5,000 people in those days and all you'd see was the empty sections of ugly wooden seats. Anyway, to the game, Richard Todd and Ken Stabler threw interceptions in the opening drives of the game with the Jets' Shafer Suggs returning his for a TD that was called back cause he barely stepped out of bounds on the Oakland 20 or something. I never heard Shea as loud as I did when they scored the TD moments later. The Jets intercepted Stabler 5 times enroute to a 28-19 victory and I was hooked. It took me 16 years to go to a game in Giants Stadium after they left Shea, it just wasn't the same

#158 hockeyman77, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  19. Rascio

Rascio New Member

My first ever game was November 29th 1992. KC Chiefs at Jets in one of the most saddest moments I will probably witness. 1 minute into the 3rd quarter Dennis Byrd suffered a catastrophic injury and this terrible silence cast over the stadium.. Words can't explain how horrible it was.. At 12 I really didn't understand the magnitude of what had happened but never the less was a rough rough day for the Jets

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

My first game was in 1999 against Denver.