J Russell could be Manningesque

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Raiderjoe, May 26, 2008.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

"Maybe not next season, but they might be one of the best offenses in the very near future, (for a long time) Lets se3 20 D Mcfadden anD 23 M Bush QB 21 Jamarcus Russell, Two stud Fbs 27 Justin Griffith and 24 Oren Oneal. 22 TEZach Miller and 25 J Madsen They are building a very young OLIne that fit their stretch and cut blocking scheme very well. 26 LT Kwame harris/ 23 Mario Henderson RG27 Robert gallery C Chris Morris 25 / RG Jonathan palmer 24/ 24 Paul Mcquistan RT in about a week Shane Olivea 26-27?

Raiders have some very young Wrs that in a year or two could be special. 1 22 years old Arman Shields 6'1 195 sub 4.4 speed 2 26 year old Drew carter 6'3 200 3. 22 Chaz Scillens 6'4 225 sub 4.4 42 inch vertical. 4. 24 year old Todd Watkins 6'2 190 5. 23 Johathan Holland 6'1 195 6 23 Johnnie lee Higgins 5' 11 185 7 22 Marcel Reese 6'1 230 4.4 something 8 25 Will Buachon 6'3 190(fastest player at Usc that including Reggie Bush)

Could as alot of these guys are going to be gone by start of season. Still James Lofton has some serious athlethes to work with. Worse case they are drating the Wr position."

I'm a faithful disciple of yours. I study your posts regularly. The Raiders have a top 5 offense and easily the best defense around. Super Bowl here it comes.

In fact, the Raiders' brilliant plan to tank 5 seasons is working well. The Raiders are going to win the next eight Super Bowls, and finally everyone will recognize that Al Davis is the smartest man to have ever walked the face of the earth.

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

sorry about the lack of a quote box. I somehow accidentally blocked all images from TGG, and I don't have the edit button, the quote button, or the new topic button, to name a few.

It should look like this:

I'm a faithful disciple of yours. I study your posts regularly. The Raiders have a top 5 offense and easily the best defense around. Super Bowl here it comes.

In fact, the Raiders' brilliant plan to tank 5 seasons is working well. The Raiders are going to win the next eight Super Bowls, and finally everyone will recognize that Al Davis is the smartest man to have ever walked the face of the earth.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Listen people:

It's time you understood. JaMarcus Russell has the strongest arm in the history of the NFL, and he's also extremely accurate. The Raiders have big WRs. They drafted Jesus himself to be their new running back. Their offensive line implemented Denver's scheme, and since Oakland is smarter than Denver is, the running game is otherworldy good. I'm talking McFadden-rushing-for-2500 yards-good.
    Fact: Best running game in the history of the NFL.
    Fact: Best QB in the history of the NFL.
    Fact: New scheme that will somehow turn all our OLs into dominant machines.
    Fact: Defense that's far better than the '85 Bears or the Ravens ever were. I mean, we have Tommy Kelly, who's big and runs at the speed of light. We have DeAngelo Hall, who, if you listen to him, is the greatest athlete in the history of this planet. We have Michael Huff, who is so good that we tried to trade him several times. We have Derrick Burgess, greatest pass-rusher in the AFC West. We have Lane Kiffin, who is such a genius of a coach that Al Davis tried to get him to resign. He's THAT good. He's a future Hall of Famer. Bank on it.

Fact: We're going to win at least 8 of the next 10 Super Bowls. I'll be back here to say I told you so.

4. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Finally after all my post, it finally sunk in.

#64 Raiderjoe, May 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 29, 2008
  5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

you should be more confident with your opinions. Don't back off because biased Jets fans are skeptical. The Raiders ARE going to go on a dominant run.

6. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

How could you think Walker is better then Coles. Stats prove otherwise.
    Walker
    Rec Yds Avg Lng TD
    252 3,815 15.1 83 30

Coles
    Rec Yds Avg Lng TD
    561 7,245 12.9 64 37

Ok you say Coles has played two more years then Walker. If we take off Coles first two years he still has over 6,000 yards receiving and only 1 less TD. Stats dont mean everything true but it surely means a lot.

7. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Thats why you can't look at just stats and make a case IMO.

You have to look at system. In Washington and with Jets that kind of inflated L Coles numbers some what. In washington Coles caught Ninety passes. Majority were screen passes.;(those inflate your numbers considerable) With Jets how many of those passes are short(quick screen pass) Again in that system your numbers are going to be overinflated.
    case In Point- look at V Testaverde Numbers at QB. No one would ever consider him one of the top Qbs in the game( his numbers say otherwise)

There isn't any personel man in the Nfl that wouldn't take a healthy Javon walker over L Coles. J Walker a true number 1. HE not only big 6'3 215 but is very fast for man his size.

Coles and cotchery caught alot of balls last year and Jets offense didn't scare anyone ore did anyone consider it one of top passing offenses.

Coles is not on javon Walker level its that simple. IF walker not healthythan obviously that shifts the balance in l coles favor.

#67 Raiderjoe, May 30, 2008
    Last edited: May 30, 2008
  8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

over half of your arguments are based on stats. 40 times, verticals, age, height, weight. raiders ranked rushing offense, defense blah blah blah

so now that stats prove you wrong the first thing out of your mouth is "Thats why you can't look at just stats and make a case IMO. "

your opinion is about as useful as a coat hanger in abortion technology

9. yomega80

yomega80 New Member

hey russels the next manning watch hes gonna be dominate shatter bradys td record and marinos yard record and all of farve career records except interceptions because hes gonna be that good

oh and on a side note im the second coming of barry sanders

10. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Not for nothing but Jamarcus Russell reminds me a lot more of Ryan Leaf than Peyton Manning.

Lets see how well he works out... Byron Leftwich maybe...

Over Rated...

11. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Even Profootball talk has come to their senses after making bogus rumors oF Jamarcus Russell the last two times.

May 29, 2008
    Russell moving toward leadership role with Raiders

Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell appears to be on the fast track toward a leadership position with the team, the way we hear it. Sources in Oakland say Russell has gained his teammates? respect through showing a commitment and strong work ethic in offseason workouts. He has looked in command of the offense during practices thus far, which is a big departure from where he left off at the end of last season. Russell?s development as a rookie was crippled by a lengthy contract holdout that lasted into the regular season. He is primed to enter the ?08 campaign under a vastly improved set of circumstances that are more conducive to winning. There were widespread reports that Russell had gained weight in the offseason to the point where he was teetering on 300 pounds. Those stories seem hard to believe, we hear, considering how well Russell has been moving around in workouts. Plus, he recently told reporters he weighs 269 pounds and would like to drop five before the season.

12. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Jeaux, I gotta be totally honest here. Besides the Jets, the Raiders are the team I most want to watch in 2008. The reason why is because if they're good, they're going to be "raiders good," in Al Davis' classic, shock-the-world, "just win, baby" style. If they're good their running game is going to be breathtaking, their passing game is going to be deep and vertical and their defense is going to be loud, brash and dominant.

But if they suck...
    IT IS GOING TO BE HILARIOUS. If they suck, it'll be in Al Davis' classic, fuck-the-world "I just made a racecar out of my poop!" style. If they suck, everyone of their backs is going to be injured behind that porous offensive line, their passing game is going to be flat on his 290 pound back play after play and their defense is going to be loud, brash, and manic depressive.

I really don't care which happens! Raiders are The Show in 2008!

13. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

I almost peed my pants, that was the funniest thing i read in awhile.

14. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Gotta love Raiderjoe

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I wonder what happened to him...

16. GreenMachine

2008 Jets 2004 yards
    2008 Raiders 1987

Welcher

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This thread should be stickied up by the 4th rings till the littlre troll returns!! :rofl:

18. tubby

tubby Active Member

yisman won this thread

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

JaMarcus Russell: Not Qualified to Wash Peyton Manning's Lawn Mower

20. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

he meant cooper manningesque

---try the veal, i'll be here all week.

#80 NJrocket24, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010