Your Guide to Cheap Jets Jerseys

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Double Zero, May 7, 2009.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

See, but you don't need to spend the $220+ if you buy at the right times or simply use the discout codes for NFLShop.com. They routinely come out with 15%, 20% and 25% off and they actually look like the real thing as opposed to the fakes with their poor stitching, smaller or too close to the collar Jets logos on the top left of the jersey, often too bold or too small numbers, and nameplates.

If you're only going to wear 1 or 2 jerseys, why not buy the real thing?

Now if you're going to wear a jersey everyday of the week, then it might make some sense to buy the crappy bootlegs.

2. MurrellMartin

They are awesome jerseys, aren't they? And they won't look like garbage. Its great. I'm going to miss that 50 year patch on the jerseys this year.

3. MurrellMartin

There is a place in NYC (can't think of the name but I'll find out for you) that can rip off the name plate and replace it. Looks pretty good (better then buying one of the fakes) if you're planning on going that route.

4. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

I'm not saying to never buy the authentics.
    I own a couple myself, and they're clearly superior if you put them up side-by-side with a bootleg. If you can get them at a reasonable price with a sale and/or coupons, that's awesome.

I'm saying that the bootlegs definitely have their place. This thread is for people who want to find bootlegs that are not crappy, but are as nice as possible, which do exist.
    I've bought 3 or 4 fauxthentics on eBay and they're all excellent quality (I paid from $45-60 for each one). Great number, name, and logo stitching. They honestly look near-legit, IMO. Maybe I've been lucky.

Those are the ones I wear to play football or go to a Jets game. They're clearly better than the "authentic replicas" from NFLshop or Modell's that are $80 with silk-screened numbers.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I love the Authentic jersey and have a Jersey addiction I's say.

I stopped wearing them to the games because of the sloppy drunks around me.

These fakes are good for that reason, they do look much nicer then a $80 replica.

There is always something off with the ones I've ordered, the font, logo, stiching, color, and size just to name a few.

That is the ony place I wear them though, at the games.

6. sec128jet

sec128jet New Member

My first post - I bought some lettering from easternlettering.net - .75 for each letter to turn my pennington jersey into a holmes jersey, using 2 inch full block letters. They also sell stitched letters for about 2.50 per. Both kinds iron on.

#1206 sec128jet, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What do you do with the leftover ripped out letter area??

8. sec128jet

sec128jet New Member

just cut the name patch off with a razor, and ironed on the letters directly to the jersey. Did my jersey and my sons for 15 bucks including shipping - btw - the website is easternlettering.net

9. J.E.T.S.Fan6

J.E.T.S.Fan6 New Member

10. J.E.T.S.Fan6

J.E.T.S.Fan6 New Member

revis jersey is looking good

11. MurrellMartin

Eh. Some are, some aren't.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, my only problem is that I can't justify dropping cash on several authentic jerseys...especially when one of my jerseys is now defunct with the Leon departure. I'll always buy authentics for the players I value most, but I recently bought a couple of fakes. I've got to say, they're not nearly as bad as I thought they would be. I'm sure there are some rather terrible ones out there, but I've had good luck. I've put my authentics and replicas up against each other for a lot of people, and maybe 2 or 3 have been able to tell which one was the authentic.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'm in the same boat plus...

I can get 6 or 7 chinauthentics for the price of 1 authentic and not worry about letting a friend borrow one for a game or spilling hot sauce on the thing.

14. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Agreed.
    I've been lucky as well. All my $50 jerseys look great.

My sister-in-law bought my brother an authentic Jets jersey for their anniversary in November.....a Leon Washington. DOH!

15. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Jersey101 Shonn Greene shipped yesterday. Some pics from my phone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

^^Nice. Those 11-year-old Chinese kids do good work.

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I think I am holding out until I can get a white Greene. I dunno....I have so many green jerseys, I need to bulk up the white. I wish they made David Harris though.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Haven't had good luck with white jerseys. Bought a Favre in 2008, figured why the hell not, I can wear that in 10 years and laugh. Last year, I bought a Leon Washington 2 weeks before he got hurt. Fantastic...

I need a new white jersey. Just not sure who to get or where to get it from just yet.

19. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I have ordered from Jersey101 and was pleasantly surprised. The numbering and nameplate were very good and were the correct size.

I got a green Sanchez and a White Titans Sanchez. I also ordered an Islanders Tavares.

The only flaw in these jerseys was the stitching. Nothing big and nothing that can't be fixed with a little needle and thread.

For about $40 each, it was well worth it.

20. GG2000

GG2000 Member

I was in Shanghai on business a few weeks ago and the fakes were going for 100 RMB (roughy $15 USD). You're right, inspecting them up close, it's really hard to tell a fake from an authentic unless you were really looking for anomalies. Of course, a few shops had some fakes of shoddier quality so buyer beware. The numbers on the jerseys seem a little "small" to me in general though I guess for the price, I can't complain.