Tebow Sets Jersey Sales Record for NFL Draftee, Topping Sanchez

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TommyGreen, Apr 28, 2010.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it is simple jealousy. successful kid, humble, popular, well liked by all those around him -- it is simply a reminder to the envious what they aren't.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

so the message of Jesus, even if he isn't the son of God and isn't going to bring you everlasting life, isn't a positive message and thus doesn't serve the purpose of being a good role model by adhering to them? explain how the concepts Jesus preached of aren't positive and the source for what makes someone a good role model by living their life by them?

3. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I would love Jesus too if "He" gave me all that Tebow has been given:

[​IMG]

But still have to question God about my voice and intelligence.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I just really hate hearing him speak. He talks like he's still 11 years old. Everything is a fucking run-on sentence and there is no way he's that enthused about anything. I would hate him a lot less if they could keep the fucking microphone away from him.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Hate the media, not the man.

Tim Tebow was raised by evangelical missionaries. He believes deeply in his faith and was taught to share it. What do you expect him to do when the media insists on shoving a microphone in his face?

I've never once heard this guy belittle others for their faith or act holier than thou. Hate the obnoxious over the top "you're going to hell" Jesus freaks all you want, but the only thing you could hate about this guy is how much recognition and presence he gets, and that's sure as hell not something he controls.

It seems to me you just can't win. If you're a thug, you get called on it. If you're a squeaky clean good guy, you get called on it. Apparently, we want the league to be filled with guys with a slightly bad off-field edge to them, but not too bad. Personally, I just want the league filled with guys who compete on the field, and Tebow certainly fits that bill.

6. ........

........ Trolls

I think we can agree that he's not the most intelligent guy. Thankfully, I don't watch football for the intelligence levels of the players. If Tim Tebow ever becomes a coach, we'll have all the room in the world to criticize his head.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Because like I stated I think he's savy enough to have used that in his favor. It's not the media it's the fact that I feel (and I certainly may be wrong on this) but he has allowed them to exploit his belief and faith to the point where it has made him a celebrity.

Is he as bad as guys like Benny Hinn or Joel Osteen? Certainly not but I've always felt that religion isn't something that is exploited or used to capitalize on.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I am a certified hater of Tim Tebow. I hope you fail as a QB in the NLF! Fuck you Tim Tebow!

*chant* "Hate! hate! hate! hate!"

[​IMG]

9. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I'd say for QB's intelligence level comes into play more than at least most positions when considering how "good" the player is.

10. ........

........ Trolls

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, Rich. First of all, I really don't think Tebow is savvy enough to do anything. The one instance in which I was ready to be upset that he was 'exploiting his beliefs and faith' was when he became the poster boy for that anti-abortion ad during the SB. And what happened? They didn't say a thing in the commercial. It was completely understated and invited people to seek out further info if they wished. I thought that was perfectly done.

Again, I've never heard anything out of his mouth that could be described as true proselytizing, and he's CERTAINLY not in the same vein as Hinn, Osteen, Robertson, or even the d-bag behind his commercial...Dr. James Dobson. He just leads by example. I fail to see what's so wrong with that.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

When the QB, coach, and team actually get me to prefer seeing the Miami Hurricanes win, that's when I start hating.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Absolutely, but he's not my QB. I'd be pissed if I were a Broncos fan. Thus far, however, I've only seen Tebow play in a college level offense that's ideally suited for him and relies on his instinct, not his intelligence.

13. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

I'm gonna have to disagree with you guys. I think Tebow loves the media hype and being in the spotlight. Not that I blame him or any other athlete that wants to be loved by the masses, they all can handle that how they want. Like I said before I dont really have a problem with the Jesus thing but he gets way too repetitive with it.

Now on to Tebow as a person. His interviews make me laugh. He comes off as falling all over himself to please whomever it may be, scouts, coaches, media. Hes overly enthusiatic and way too dramatic. I mean, everyone saw that speech after Florida lost that game a season ago, right? It was corny as shit and got played on espn about a thousand times. It may be genuine, it may be an act, but it resulted in him getting selected about 3 rounds too early in the draft.

14. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I don't have anything against Tebow, seems like a good, hard-working guy. I will have to admit I laughed my ass off though when that guy told him to shut the fuck up before the Wonderlic. I think it could have been anyone instead of Tebow and I still would have laughed.

#34 bojanglesman, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Damn Sanchez needs to set some records that actually matter!

16. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Excellent post. I agree

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I appreciate what you're saying. My problem with Tebow is that he uses his media exposure to send this message to people, as if we care what he thinks. I do blame the media for exposing him, but if he used the media to send messages other than telling us to pray, etc, then I'd have more respect for him.

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

off the christianity subject, and back onto the subject of jerseys... Why in the world is anybody surprised by this? The NFL has been marketing this kid nearly everyday since his last game at florida.

Also every person in florida went out and bought his jersey ten seconds after his selection, and then half of denver bought it for the comedy. One person average from each state after that would probably result in him destroying sanchez record, which only had half of NYC buy his jersey

19. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Why would I hate the speech? That's exactly how I would want my starting QB (and no, I'm not a UF fan) to react after a loss like that. Would you prefer the Bill Bellichick style of press conference? Fuck that.

20. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Some people DO care what he thinks.

And he uses the media as a medium? Can you show me an interview where he tells people to convert to Christianity, or something like that? I would like to see that.