17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fatcessa said according to a friend of mine that the jets have 20K seats remaining. If so, no one is gonna make money on their tickets and how the hell are they gonna sell out any game. WHo's gonna pay $200-$500 for a ticket even without the PSL. You gotta be nuts to buy tickets to sell.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Over at JI apparently there is a guy who is "in the know" and he has it at much less.

7,500 - 12,000 seats I believe.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I agree. Who knows if that 20,000 number is really legit, but if it is, then they're going to have to go to plan B, which is selling any remaining tickets on an individual game basis with no PSL fee attached.

Doing this will CRIPPLE all ticketholders' chances of "making a profit" (Hahahaha...), but the PSLers for sure, who are not only paying the same face value as the tickets that are for sale, but they've got PSL payments on top of that, not to mention the Preseason games.

They're buried, buried if this happens. No daylight. Nail in the coffin. Lights out. Party's over. Woody gets 'em again.

4. Dirrty Sanchize

Dirrty Sanchize New Member

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading this site for awhile, specifically this thread and it has been very informative and fun to read. I started going to games with my dad when I was five and have been hooked ever since. We bought season tickets from a friend for the last 20 years and sat in the 26th row of section 326, while I toiled away on the waiting list. I finally reached the top of the list only to find out the list had been done away with and it was now a free for all.

While I know Woody is full of it, I did see this free for all as an "opportunity". I have sat 5 or 6 times in the lower level, and every time I stare up at 326 and think, man thank god i am down here right now. So when the opportunity came I called the Jets and asked for the best 4k PSL. When I found out these were located under the jumbotron, I was talked into the 7.5k PSL.

So I ended up with 2 seats in sec 143 row 9, seats 15-16 which I think is near the next level pricing of PSL's. With 20% down and a 5 year payment plan I end up spending 1300/yr + ticket costs. Assuming a 3% increase in ticket prices I am looking at $265 a game until my PSL is paid for. It does suck being at the mercy of Woody for price increases, but when push comes to shove I have a sick, unhealthy attachment to this team and I think it will be worth it when I see them finally win the AFC championship game in JETS Stadium.

5. MadBacker Prime

Congrats, I'm glad you were able to get your tix-

I've been going with my Dad too since about that age and it is definitely a addiction.

Your seats are close to the ones we bought originally now we're on the other side by the Jets bench.

6. Section 227. Row 5

I would say those numbers seem more realistic to me. Out of 80,000, it's possible that 10%-20% remain. This is still a heavy number though, because these aren't good seats, they're lousy, hard-to-sell seats. They are seats in locations that are going to be damn-near impossible to sell before September, I don't care if Jesus Christ himself is under center.

But let's say that even 8,000 seats hit the market each and every game. This is way more than usually appear on StubHub for any given game. So you are blowing up the availability by 2-3 times... a real glut on the market. And these things are out there at raw face, probably with parking stubs available too, at face.

And here's the poor schlub who is making the PSL payments and swallowed the Preseasons and he's gone to the NE game, the hottest game of the season, and now the MOST he can start out asking for some other game is raw face. And it goes down from there. And then guys who are desperate just say, "Fuck it," throw in the towel and ask less, and down the spiral goes.

At the end of the year, he looks at what he shelled out and how much the games he went to really cost him, and it's like $1,000 a game or some crazy thing like that, and then he gets his new Jets bill that just came in the mail:

"Enclosed is your PSL statement, please remit $XXX. Also, your ticket invoice is now due. Kindly remit an additional $X,XXX. Thank You, The New York Jets."

7. Dirrty Sanchize

Dirrty Sanchize New Member

Jets bench side

How many rows did you have to sacrifice to go to the Jets side?

8. MadBacker Prime

My Dad has 20+ seniority and transfered them to me.

We thought we'd be forced out but as you know A LOT was available, lol.

We are in row 4 on the isle, was row 6-

The old place we were in row 26 LL EZ-

9. Section 227. Row 5

3%? What made you assume that number? How does 10% sound? In fact, it may be more. Those are $400 seats you are sitting in. You're pissing Woody off every time he sees you paying the lousy $265 he had to drop them to in order to move them off the shelf.

Your relationship with this team is about to get sicker and even more unhealthy when you realize how badly you're being fucked and you can't get out of it. Your credit's on the line and you lose too much to bail, so you have to take whatever Woody dishes out. Five years drags on and you find yourself sitting in a Preseason game and the place is 80% empty and you're asking yourself, "WTF did I do?"

10. MadBacker Prime

It will not increase 10% every year-

Don't scare him off already, lol

11. Section 227. Row 5

Only reality! LOL

Seriously though, Woody has already implemented 10% per year ticket price increases. Our Mezz seats DOUBLED in 7 years. I and many other Mezz guys posted it here many times throughout the last year as a warning.

Assuming 3% increases on ticket prices that had to be temporarily discounted to entice people to take the bait is sheer folly. It only has one way to go, and that's straight up. And the ram-rod up the ass that's going to make it happen is the PSL!

12. jetbo

jetbo Member

NON PSL New Stadium Season Tickets 4 Sale

I know, wrong thread!!!

But Is anybody looking for FACE VALUE Seats for the 2010 Season in the New Stadium???

$950.00 Per 10 game strip, SECT 302, Row 14, 2,4,6 or 8 Seats

email jetbo324@aol.com, Thank You!!!

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

How long ago did you end up in 143? dows seats only require a 10% downpayment I thought, there are 25 in that row so you are 9 seats away from 15K seats.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets said there was 20K left to sell before TC/LGL price cut. Most likely 15K left to sell. Still a there is 82k seats and 27K are psl free. So out of 55k PSL seats, 15K are left unsold which is almost 30%. Worse they are the worst 30% of seats mixed in with high priced seats. The very good seats in 4k-7.5K sections all sold, these are the hard sells.

Also if you got very good seats in a reasonable priced sections, 143 row 9 for instance you are not competing with crappy seats. However, some people just took what Jets gave them and are in Mezz B or back of Endzone between uprights those people will be competing with single sale tickets at face.

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I was saying since forever that if you just wait it out you'll be able to buy season tickets in PSL locations with no PSL on a year-to-year basis (they'll take the seats from under you the next year if someone else ponies up). If you wait even longer, you'll get the same deal without having to buy pre-season. After that all those seats get released on a game-by-game basis, questions is if PSL owners will snap them up or not before you get a shot in the general public. I think there'll be plenty available, and you might even see "military discounts" again

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

I used to talk to a girl who works for the Jets back in December told me they were only half sold out. While 7,500-12k sound reasonable we have to keep in mind all those ridiculously priced club seats at $200+ that aren't selling. Plus some of the other areas. We keep seeing people on here post about how they got row 2 of mez A this late in the game which tells us something is up.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That is exactly right. I don't know how long they will waive the black out rule but I doubt it will be forever.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Funny Jets sold tons of 6k and 7.5k seats to scalpers on low rows on day one of price reduction with zero down under any old corporate name. I see them all on Stubhub many already sold for profit. PSL fee is not due to Sept and they usually give you a few weeks before they shut down your account for lack of PSL fee. By then two preseasons games gone, opening day, pats and most likely vikings. If PSLs tank why not walk away you sold most valuable games. Plus ebay and stubhub and craigs list people bought remaining tickets not scalpers when you cancel those tickets on the innocents it is going to get ugly.

PSLs and ticket prices need to hold up or those zero down fake corporate names PSLs sold are going to turn ugly.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

please call her and get more info!!