17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the giants have already
    http://www.nyg2010.com/ParkingMap.pdf

2. 17a_tailgater

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Near the Pepsi Corner, of course. Problem solved.

If I don't get to take a tour I'll at least be going to see the Eagles Concert in June, so I intend to do some Recon then.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We are under the impression that "VIP" parking will be made available to Club and PSL holders and general admin for UD.

The suite holders lot is it's own entity just like the Giants.

If all of the above is true who knows how this will work out.

5. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Upper Prime

My new seats are in one of the two Upper Prime sections (visitor side). I've posted photos with the view and they're pretty much right on the 40 yard line (in section 339, but close to 340). I'm not in rows 1-4.

I've said it before and I know its not popular here, but I would have been better off if they charged me with the Giants package.

Let's look at one seat, even though I have four.
    My tickets are $125 per, with no PSL, in Upper Prime, which is what the Giants call Terrace 1. My one ticket is $1250 per year. That same seat for the guy with a blue sweatshirt is $950 per year, or a $300 delta. It doesn't take a calculator to figure out that I would have covered that Giants $1K PSL in 3.3 years.

So, after 3.3 years, I'm paying a lot more ($300 per year more) than the Giant fan in the same seat. With his PSL he gets resale rights and transfer rights. I get neither. Therefore, I took a beating with the Jets package instead of my Giants fan counterpart. (Yes, it was my decision, so I'm not whining about that.)

Again, I know most don't agree with me and this math does not apply to those in other sections, but for me, I would rather have had the $1K PSL for Upper Prime.

Yes, there are other variables. Ticket prices change, the product on the field changes, other perks, etc. But bottom line, I would have much rather paid the $1K PSL, have much lower ticket prices, and had ownership rights.

6. Section 227. Row 5

This is a GREAT diagram!

Actually, it looks like Lot F is a good one for me, and entering at "West Hall Gate." Quick exit after the game.

Tell me, does this gate allow escalator traffic all the way to the top? Anyone know? I'll check out the West Gate access to Uppers when I go to the concert... they're going to have to have everything in operation for that night or people will be super pissed.

7. MadBacker Prime

In the UD Prime section the Giants have a 5 grand PSL I thought.

The Giants will raise those prices rapidly too.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Does a PSL person have to buy PSL parking? Why can't he just park in UD if he wants to pay for it and park further away? Or trade his better parking.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The extra $20/ticket you're paying is the difference in you balancing out the PSL in 3.3 years and me needing ten years.

10. MadBacker Prime

I think they have the option, but not sure about vice versa.

We don't know if the Club guy will be locked into the "other" parking.

11. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Just Rows 1-4

The Giants $5K PSL in the Upper Level is just the first four rows, or what they call Loge. The remaining seats in sections 338/339, which the Jets call Upper Prime, are $1k Giant PSLs.

12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The Parking Map the Jets published in their original NEW STADIUM PLAYBOOK exactly matches the Giants parking Map 17A just mentioned.

http://www.nyg2010.com/ParkingMap.pdf

Bottom line for Jets (if no changes), PSL holders and Upper Deck STH will all be parking together in the areas labeled RESERVED PARKING.

No better parking areas for non-Club PSL Holders.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

but you can't monitize your "invesment" and run the risk of a PSL being created at a later date.

However, history is in your favor and Jets have a higher percentage of sucking and it is most likely there will be no chance of monitizing your investemnt.

My review of stubhub sales vs. actual ticket with PSL baked in reveals low row 7.5k PSls were a decent bargain as resale is consistently above face + PSL fee even if you took 100% financing. However, the 15K section wth a higher ticket price and double the PSL cost has a hard time breaking even when one section over the 7.5k folks are willing to sell for much less as their game cost is much less.

People irrationally want to cover their nut even though it has little to do with market price. A 15K psl with a 140 ticket price and a per game PSL of $130 is an actual ticket price of $270 while the section next door in 7.5K is only $125 + $60 = $185 to cover nut

Getting $185 a seat on the ten yard line is easier than getting $270 on 20 yard line, Forget about the $700 tickets all together. I think most rich folk go $500 a pair is plenty for a pair of tickets on stubhub. There aint enough very rich folk to buy the 20,000 overpriced seats week in and week out.

14. 17a_tailgater

unless you bought a PSL you aint parking there.

general admission parking AKA upper deck and others who only want to pay $25 per game are in K,L,M,N,P & all IZOD lots.

in still waiting to see if lot B AKA 120N will be general admission b//c on the giants site it is.

i know its diagnol from my seats but a shorter walk outside and the escalators are in the corners anyway.

15. 17a_tailgater

I picture myself walking thru the SUITE PARKING ONLY after a bad loss and spitting on all the mercedes and porshe parked close b/c of their tickets

16. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, so what up with lot J?

http://www.newmeadowlandsstadium.com/data/ParkingMap.pdf

17. joejets1

joejets1 Member

This parking lot did look familiar, it was the original one posted on the new meadowlands website before they put a new one out, which was mentioned earlier. If the Giants don't ahve any seats that are PSL free then what is the point of General Admission. My guess is the Suite Holders are the Luxury Boxes, and the Club holders are probably the seats located on the Mezz. Everyone else parks in the GA. I think if you look at the parking map on the NMS website it will just show a lot with each individual parking lot. That is probably for the events that are non Jet or Giant games. I don't know if the Jets have unvailed a parking map for thier home games yet on the stadium website they have on thier home page.

18. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

19. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

If those people are smart, they will bring their station cars...

But their egos won't allow that..so spit away. :smile:

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I appreciate you researching all that and sharing it here. Makes sense to me. The part I bolded is the key--seems to me I've been losing my ass regularly just on $80 tickets in the lower tier with no PSL, so again I'm just trying to stay in the game with the lowest possible layout.

At best you can make a minimal profit on StubHub, I gather this from the few times I've sold my tickets, and this is with the team being good the past few years. Even in 2008 we had Brett Favre as a draw and were in the race right up through the last game. So even though I expect us to be a good team for the next year or two at least, with the higher prices to lay out and more people broke and unemployed, I don't know where the money is coming from. I'm real glad I'm not in the business of trying to sell PSLs for $20K a pop.