17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was part of an ownership group in '68, he wasn't calling the shots. He took over as sole owner in 1977, from 1977-1998(22 seasons) we made the playoffs 6 times and had 4 playoff wins. Woody took over in 2000 and in his 10 years we have had 5 playoff apps and 4 playoff wins. I like that % better.:up:

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Agree completely - and you're probably right about the Marras.

BUT I do think that this article was far more friendly towards them than it was to Woody. It didn't seem fair and impartial. It puts the blame on the Jets IMO. The Marra boys certainly could have stood up to Woody. What else would Woody have done? His stadium deal already had fallen apart.

3. JLJets

JLJets New Member

ROJF got it from the side bar, next to the article.
    It says:
    "The Giants oppose selling Personal Seat Licenses to fund the stadium while the Jets support the idea. The Giants change their minds. Then they undercut the Jets."

Easy to miss but its in the sidebar image/illustration. (Sorry, couldn't copy/paste the sidebar here.)

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He actually was the sole owner in 84-

Here is the info, Wikipedia needs to be changed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/14/sports/sports-business-for-hess-s-estate-it-s-a-jetscom.html

and here-

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/264111/Leon-Hess

#6524 MadBacker Prime, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  5. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

That sidebar is referring to the Giants "undercutting" the Jets in terms of timing and different marketing approach to the PSLs...not the pricing of the PSLs.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

My mistake then, that makes the #s look even worse.

-moved us out of NYC into Giants Stadium
    -from 1984-1998(15 seasons):

-4 playoff apps
    -1 div title
    -2 playoff wins
    -6 double digit loss seasons
    -3 double digit win seasons
    -5 seasons above .500
    -8 seasons below .500

vs.

Woody 2000-2009(10 seasons):

-5 playoffs apps
    -1 div title
    -4 playoff wins
    -3 double digit loss season
    -3 double digit win seasons
    -7 seasons above .500
    -3 seasons below .500

I hate getting screwed by Woody but I sat through every game in the 90s when we sucked and leon owned the team. It's better this way.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I know one thing, and one thing only. I sit in the Upper deck and pay NO PSL and the Giant fan pays $1000.00 per ticket. Thanks Woody.... F U Mara, hiding behind Woody.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

Sure, but Hess ditched Pete Carroll after one year and handed the keys over to.... to..... that ex-Eagles coach, you know Rich...

Hey - I've been a member here for only a little over a year so i don't know all of the rules. Are we permitted to use "the K word" or does that only become allowed after 10,000 posts? ; ) I don't want to get bounced.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

BS, you are paying more per ticket. Jets have a stelth PSL fee in UD. Jets UD is much better deal if you want to drop off, but after a few years those extra ticket prices equal a PSL

10. MadBacker Prime

Giants UD tix are

$85, and $95 right?

I'm just asking, I don't actually know.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

It is 85 and 95, also Giants only called rows 1-4 UD Prime. So for $1,000 bucks you can sit on 50 yard line in UD rows 5-26 for $95 a ticket.

That is a great deal. However, Giants sold rows 1-4 in UD for a 5k PSL a very bad deal if you are towards the goal line. Paying 5k to seat in UD is criminal.

Jets and Giants had very different pricing considering a similar product

12. MadBacker Prime

Holy Shit-

I thought I saw that, but thought it was a mistake. They charged 5 grand for a UD PSL??

That's just insane- If they didn't want PSL's they sure did a good job of getting passed it. lol

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

My upper deck Jet seats are $105. So compared to $95 Giants seats, x 10 games, that's $100/year difference. It would take 10 years to break even on a $1,000 PSL (per seat, correct?), 50 years to break even on a $5,000 PSL plus you're locked into the deal. No thanks.

14. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

In my case I'm actually SAVING $10 per seat after moving from the Mezz to the Uppers.

4 Tix X $10 = $40 per game... more than enough to cover my parking, tolls and gas. It's like getting free parking.

Of course, my portable Hubble Space Telescope is going to set me back a small fortune, even with free shipping from Amazon.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ditto. I have no problem paying $105 without a PSL. Thanks again Woody and thanks for not building a dump like the Mara's wanted to build. If was up to the Giants, we would not have lights and sit on wooden benches. I am not the moron who paid 10k, so it worked out great for me other then sitting up in the clouds. And you cant presume that the brick house would have been close. Maybe they wanted to build a bowl like Lambeau. According to cheapo Mara on Fatso's show, the Upper deck is close.

#6535 sec314, Apr 26, 2010
  16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Yes, but downside is you would be in a lot better seat in UD as a lot of Jet fans who picked ahead of you may have opted out or maybe went to Mezz A for 3k more.

Bottom line only people in UD or who bought really really good seats in 4k-7.5K sections have little to worry about in 2010. People who bought anything but the best of the best seats in 15k-25K will loses their shirts next season.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

The Giants named the first four row seats of the upper deck sidelines "Terrace" and are in fact asking 5K PSL's for them.

These same seats are a part of what the Jets are calling "Upper Prime". As a 31 year seniority guy, I actually thought I'd have a crack at some of these when my turn came, but the Jets didn't make them very available apparently. I think Champ is the only holder of any of these seats that posts here, and even with his seniority he didn't get a great yard line. Having six seats in my account didn't help though I would have reduced to four to be in that area, and there weren't any offered to me anyhow. We all agree that the Jets held back these seats for their own pals. Something fishy occurred no doubt.

In my opinion there's nothing "Prime" at all about an upper deck seat half-way up or higher in this upper deck no matter where the yard line is. Those seats row 12 and up should not have been priced as high as they were.

#6537 LogeSection2RowJ, Apr 26, 2010
  18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The thing is I don't worry so much about what seats I'm in, I see your point but to me that's not a concern. To me it's about being able to go and afford to go without breaking the bank. I was in section 128, 20 rows from the field from 2001 until last year, so after that it's not going to matter to me where in the upper deck I am. I also want the flexibility to not be locked into it because I paid a huge price for a PSL, I can barely afford what I'm dong now. I still haven't paid this year completely off, it's going to be another few weeks.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

my biggest concern now is where the f^ck am i tailgating

20. MadBacker Prime

yeah our group is still mixed up about this.

One of them has club seats and we don't know how the parking will be made available.

Our group has seats all over the place.

I wish they'd just announce their plans already-