17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Row 6 is equal to the last row in giants stadium!??

I've gone to a ton of games with a buddy who had seats up around row 24, and I though those were a mile away.

wow. people who are moving from the field level and haven't seen a game from that perspective wont know what they're getting really.

Being up high has its advantages, you can see the plays develop really well but its not the same thing.

2. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Wall Street Journal has a big Jets PSL article. Interesting Giants were dead set against PSLs and Jets talked them into it. Then Giants turn around and undercut Jets on pricing, plus funny behind the scene crap that goes on.

Going forward Secondary Market Price Discovery is an issue. By the time Jets release UD tickets for sale in late spring/early summer or even for remaining PSL sales the issue is Stubhub now has actual secondary market resale pricing being published.

Any UD ticket or PSL where you go online and individual tickets go for less will be a very hard sales.

Already I observed is UD Prime high rows on 21-26 are not worth it to have. Face is $125, with stubhub 15% fee you need like $145 a ticket. Good luck selling last row upperdeck even if prime and right on 50 yard line for almost $300 a pair, oh year and you need that price for preseason and that god awful January Buffalo game.

4. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The article says absolutely nothing about the Giants undercutting the Jets on PSL pricing...Nothing.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703709804575202490600976492.html?KEYWORDS=jets

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If that is true and the Jets talked them into it that would be very depressing.

I'm sure the waitlist fans and beyond could not be happier though.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i have to admit mr johnson does alot of good and alot of bad for our franchise.
    im torn in my feelings for him.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Here's the worst line of the article. Even worse than the PSL argument. BTW, if the Giants claim the Jets talked them into the PSL's they are full of it. It's more gamesmanship. With the demand for Giants tickets being what it is and the 100-year wait-list you damn well know they would have done it with or without the Jets urging. The worst line to me was:

The Giants had pushed for a traditional brick structure with luxury suites stacked on one side that would cost about $800 million. Mr. Johnson's design team preferred a sleek, modern $1 billion structure with luxury boxes circling the stadium and exclusive restaurants and clubs on every side.

Sounds nice doesn't it? A design like this sounds like it would have provided better seating for the average fan, and a stadium design that's unique and beautiful. I would love to see some of the other design suggestions.

Did you guys know about the "Commisioners Club Suites" ? They have f*cking fireplaces in them. I mean come on now. This is what we, at least in part, paid for. That's what disgusts me.

After all the years being sheltered by a deck above me, the thought of big roomy suites with burning fireplaces is going to go over really well with me when I am getting wet in section 301 this year.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm torn also. I don't know whether to despise or loathe him.

10. Section 227. Row 5

"In 2008, as the teams looked for ways to fund the new stadium, Jets officials say they seized on the concept of selling personal seat licenses, which would require fans to pay between $1,000 and $27,500 for the right to buy season tickets in coveted locations. For months, the Giants resisted the idea before telling the Jets they were on board. In June 2008, however, the Giants scheduled a conference call without telling the Jets. During the call, Mr. Mara announced that the team would sell the licenses—but added that the Giants regretted the move and were even remorseful about the effect it might have on their fans.

The call left the Jets steaming. Mr. Johnson said apologizing for the licenses was a bad idea—especially because the teams had to invest so much of their own money. Licenses, he says, are "an opportunity" for fans in an era where public stadium financing is hard to come by
    ."

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

well just for the record---if my family and friends have problems or do not enjoy going to games as WE ALWAYS have--my base ment has a large TV and Fireplace also!!:rofl:

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

WSJ ain't the NY Post or Newsday, then are real reporters. I am sure the article as acurate as possible.

13. MadBacker Prime

I hope Mr. Leon Hess beats Woody with his own Johnson when they finally meet.

I hope some Giant fans voice their opinions on this too, this article must really piss them off.

What I find odd though is this article puts the PSL's on the Jets.

The Giants charged more for theirs and have ZERO PSL free seats.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

At least Woody gave us the opportunity to have a martini and a filet.

Lol. Lame. Why couldn't we have the place Mara wanted? Nobody cares about this froo froo shit. Now we're stuck paying for shit that some rich shmuck from out of country is going to quasi-enjoy.

I like the fact that Woody cares to win but there will always be the lingering thought that he did for the Benjamins.

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Giants charged less for better seats the Jets 15K section is only 10k and their touchdown corner is 5k. Giants charged more for bad seats, UD.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

we old view 40 yard line uppers jets side
    [​IMG]

17. Section 227. Row 5

I would have LOVED a retro/traditional brick building with covered outdoor concessions and pavered courtyards, etc. Putting all the luzury boxes on one side would have been a great idea... one side for the assholes who want to sit behind glass, have caviar and filet mignon and sip Champagne and the other side for the traditional hot-doggers.

The Maras are football people, always were. I'll bet their concept would had had much better sightlines... a real football stadium, not a fucking nightclub with football as an afterthought.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Leon hess was great as far as not taking advantage of the fans but he was clueless as far as building a winning team. Woody is fleecing us but at least they are trying to win.

19. MadBacker Prime

He was their with out only SB win and he did bring in Parcells.

I agree though Woody is trying very hard to put a better product on the field.