Leon Washington traded.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Keithnyj, Apr 24, 2010.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the Jets traded him! what is he supposed to do, wallow in self pity and cry?

why would that upset any Jet fan that he is going to a team that will give him an opportunity to play? it wasn't his choice, and there is nothing in his comment that can even reasonably be interpreted that he is happy to be leaving the Jets, just that he is possibly equally happy to go to Seattle which was the Jets choice. anyone who would take things like that personally and it would cause them to be upset needs to take a long hard look at their emotional stability, because nothing about a player being excited about having an opportunity to play on a team that he wouldn't have had with his current team should cause even the slightest bit of anger or disappointment.

seriously, what about that would cause you to be even the slightest bit upset? he's happy about going to a new team. big deal, he should be. that doesn't mean he wasn't happy as a Jet or wouldn't have liked staying here.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I find it a bit ironic that some Jets fans get upset when the team rids itself of players who don't want to be here and make their feelings public (Baker, Washington, Kendall), but at the same time vilify players who are traded even thought they dedicate themselves to the team, represent the team well, and act with class (Pennington). Washington sealed his fate when he hired Keels and asked for the moon, not realizing he was and always will be a change of pace back and kick returner.

By the way, how much do you think Washington will see the ball in Seattle in a backfield with Jones, Forsett and White?????

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Not alot, I know White is one of his old guys, but I really think because of that issue, White is going to be a pain in the ass in Seattle

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

White is going to be the first and second down back and Forsett is a third down back with every down potential. Jones is still a quality back. Washington is going to be a kick returner, if he ever returns to form again.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Jones is probably going to get cut, unless the PUP rumors are true for Leon.

I'd guess Leon takes exactly the same role he had here once he's healthy. He won't be a feature back there. I'm not sure there was an opportunity anywhere in the league for him to be a feature back.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

the jets didn't want him anymore and now he is going to a place where he will be wanted. no reason to hate on him for that.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

I disagree. Forsett is the third down back in Seattle and he is only 24 and has two healthy legs. Jets fans are crying about losing a kick returner who is damaged goods and didn't want to be here anymore unless he was paid as if he were an every down back. The past is the past and Washington is not likely to ever be the same as he was in 2008.

In fact, in 7 games in 2009, he had 460 yards of total offense and no TDs. I find it hard to believe the Jets can't replace that.

Good bye and good luck.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Well, their quarterbacks are an injury prone Hasselbeck, a career backup in Teel, and a major question mark in Charlie Whitehurst so I'm just going to assume that they should keep all four running backs and just run the wishbone.

9. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Anybody see what Leon's wife posted on twitter about the move? She's a real piece of work that one..

Washington's wife, Charity, was less diplomatic on Twitter, writing, "Good Luck paying the 20 people due contracts @ the end of the season. Lol. Thank You Jesus for getting us out of here." Charity Washington made her Twitter account private later in the day after the media re-posted her scorching farewell to New York.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ts_tell_leon_sea_you_later.html#ixzz0m9BToftQ

10. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

idk if it's been posted, but i just read that donovan's godfather is mark carrier who is a jets assistant coach...also, as i am very ignorant on the subject, can someone please tell me why he didn't get drafted, from what ive read this kid is a special player...shed some light por favor

11. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

agreed. I'd rather see leon goto seattle for a 5th rounder then come back here for 1 more year with health questions and a crowded backfield and then jettison to a division rival. What jet fan wants to see leon play vs us twice a year? not me, i wish him the best of luck and i hope he does well playing with my friend owen schmitt in the pacific northwest

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Stupid moves-

I'm just weighing in now on him and Faneca-

Leon for a 5th??
    He's already paid at least use him as a mentor.

Whatever, what's done is done.

I'm curious to see how all players mesh, new starters at a lot of positions.

13. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Most people who are bashing this move don't realize that Leon being Leon again is not a foregone conclusion. If he's not the old Leon again I think it's obvious who got the better end of the deal. That's assuming John Conner is good.

14. MadBacker Prime

He seemed tough in Terminator 2.

15. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Gave some explanations for your post

(filler)

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

RBs don't need mentors. It is the most instinctual position on the field. You don't use up a valuable roster spot for someone to teach another player. That's what position coaches are for.

17. MadBacker Prime

I was talking about Faneca.

He's pretty much already paid-

We got younger, but we didn't have to cut him.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

1. Bill Callahan.

2. Damien Woody, Brandon Moore, Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Woody has been in the league one year less than Faneca and Moore has a ton of experience. It's not like Mangold and Brick are rookies, either. There is a lot more experience on this line than most people seem to want to believe.

#238 CatoTheElder, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  19. mystikol

mystikol New Member

1 new starter on offense is a lot? 2 on defense is a lot (especially when they replaced Sherry and Lito)? Maybe 4 total if Douglas doesn't return.

20. mystikol

mystikol New Member

If the Jets had their current O-Line situation and then signed Alan Faneca to a 1-year, $2.25 MM contract, would you be happy? I don't think I really would be, tbh.