17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Nova

Nova New Member

I've been lurking on this site for a long time and finally registered. I just wanted to chime in and say thanks to everyone for posting pictures and information regarding the new stadium especially since I haven't scheduled a tour yet to view my seats. I've been a long time fan, but this is my first year as a season ticket holder. My seats will be in section 108 and row 4. I know that no one likes PSL costs, but since I had no seniority in picking good UD tickets I could at least pick some great tickets(within reason) to watch the Jets win.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Welcome to the site man.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

aw man, thx...:beer:
    Jesus man...How often do I have to say it and how much shit do I have to put up with when I say Woody is a cheap bitch!?

They got your PSL's already, why are they gonna give you free food?
    It's not like they give a shit about you.

#6483 Royal Tee, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  4. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Not only did the Giants have complimentary food etc., but their party was in the Coaches club which is finished. The Jets party was in the Great Hall club which right now is just a concrete floor. There's supposed to be a nice bar in there when it's completed, but the rumor is that it won't be completed by the start of the season.

5. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

Sounds like we lost yet another coin toss

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

1 member, 2 guests viewing this thread.

Woody and who?

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

congrats row four sounds great, I never actually have ever sat that far back. But I hear the higher elevation is good. Just kidding, you will love it down there.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

BTW jets side sunshine 108 is the best corner. Are you by 106 or 109? Low rows in that corner went immediately when they cut prices in early Feb, did you get them by then or did you get lucky and a new seat popped up?

They are selling for like $60 bucks a ticket above face plus PSL surcharge in the low rows in the TC areas so you did good. Well as long as Jets don't start stinking again.

9. Nova

Nova New Member

I was originally in section 131 and moved to section 108 once the psl dropped to 6k. The season tickets were planned for a long time, but the upgrade was an impulse buy when the jets agent called to say they cut ticket prices on that section. The only bad seat in the house will be on the visitors' benches. My seats are on the aisle #1-3.

10. rcali2524

rcali2524 New Member

What are the sections with the obstructed views

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

isnt' 1-3 on that side by the EZ rather than 7.5k seats.

On visitors side it is low down it is 50 yards across to see jets faces and even though visitors side gets less sun, low rows are last to lose sun. One weird perk of visitors side, is when Pats, Eagles, Giants etc. or any other good team that is driving distance plays it is a ticket to sell on stub hub. Pats fans want to seat on Pats side. However, if you go to all ten games that is a bad thing.

Jets side, lots of people love hearing the jets player talk, the extra sun, and less visitors fans which are huge perks. Plus jets side goes for a prem to visitors side same row same seat.

12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

If you like glare...

[​IMG]

13. Nova

Nova New Member

I think you're right. They are more by ez than the 7.5k seats. I haven't been on the tour yet to see them. It would have been nicer to be on the other side of the section, but I'm excited I was able to get this row after being on a waiting list. The PSLs not doing well was more of a plus for me to get these seats. My other seats were section 131 row 18 and I thought these would be a good upgrade for not that much more money. I'm excited to be at all of the games starting in August.

14. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Went to the giants open house thing today, oh my god are the upper deck seats far away. I had no idea till i saw it in person.

15. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

They're not THAT bad. Not as good as the old stadium, but definitely better than other stadiums.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Is my math correct. I believe there was 26 rows in the old place
    4th row in new place is equal to 26th row of old place.
    10th row in new place is=32nd row of old place ( 26 +6)
    I was in 9th row of old place so I went 23 rows higher. (32-9=23)

#6496 sec314, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  17. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/sp...31stadium.html

18. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

God help those in the last rows endzone.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

19. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Best seat in the house right there.

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

When you look from the field to the upper deck it looks super high. When I sat in my seats in row 15 they weren't great but they were much better than what I had expected. If you are up in row 26 though that's another story. I was told on the tour that row 6 of the new stadium is the last row of the old stadium so that my seats were 9 rows higher than the last row of the old stadium. It didn't feel it though and I could see people on the field.