Who Will You Miss the Most?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Namath2Kolber, Apr 24, 2010.

?

Who Will You Miss the Most?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2010.
  1. Leon Washington

52.8%
  2. Thomas Jones

8.4%
  3. Alan Faneca

8.4%
  4. Lito Sheppard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jay Feely

19.6%
  6. Kerry Rhodes

1.4%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. None of them

9.3%
  1. Jam.

Jam. Banned

From a fan standpoint, I'm definitely gonna miss Leon the most...he was such a great player and everyone I know who was a Jets fan loved and appreciated him. However, from a football standpoint I'll probably miss Feely the most (minus those two missed FGA's in the AFCCG)

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

OK, so we have a rookie replacing arguably the most dynamic player on our offense, another rookie replacing a perennial Pro-Bowler at LG, and a guy who's had 4 concussions in 5 years replacing Rhodes, and the player you're going to miss most is an average kicker being replaced by a young gun with potential to be one of the best in the league?

:breakdance:

3. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

9-7 don't forget. We should not of been where we were

4. kmoney

kmoney New Member

We'll play TONS of close games. We'll miss the heck out of Feely when Folk loses us a game...

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I actually think we'll win a fair share of blowouts, not because I'm being a homer drinking the capri sun but because our personnel presents matchup problems and on the flipside, our personnel can match up with any opponent in the league. Run heavy teams will have to try to run with big Jenx staring right at them. Pass heavy teams will have to throw on Revis, Cro and Wilson (maybe Sharper too?) while Pace, Harris, Scott and now faggot Jason Taylor are running full speed ahead at them. Balanced teams? Pick your poison.

6. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

My heart will miss Leon, my head says we're going to miss Faneca.

7. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I said TJ because he was a very solid RB for us and a great team leader. Everyone in the locker room loved him and he gave great pump up speeches. To me he was the epitome of a Jet, an old fashion ground and pound, blue-collar, workhorse of a back that never gave up and fought for every yard.

He will be missed...

8. swifty_0

swifty_0 New Member

Donald Strickland.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

All tha moves the Jets made were for a logical reason. I personally liked all the losses for one reason or another, yeah even Rhodes (for a while).

Most of them were good people but the NFL means (sorry Jerry Glanville) Not For Long. Good luck to the former Jets.

Now lets get the new guys in here and acquainted with winning. It would sure take my mind off the past.

10. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Do we realize that for nearly all of these players, we got someone better and/or younger?

Leon replaced by Joe McKnight who is the same kind of back, but he's 6 years younger and he's taller and could be a better receiving option.

TJ replaced by LT. LT is better suited to be a #2 back than TJ, and while reports conflict, it looks as if he saved us some money. Both are on the decline, but LT will be a great option out of the backfield, a huge bonus from Sanchez; this was something TJ absolutely was not.

Faneca - this one's somewhat of a question mark for 2010, but I trust Callahan to know that Slauson/Ducasse will outperform Faneca, and they can form more pieces to our tremendous young core.

Lito - replaced by Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. Both are much better than Lito at this point. This is a huge improvement.

Jay Feely - many people will disagree, but [IMO] on the field, Folk has more talent and higher upside. If he has fixed the mechanics problem his injury led to, he could be a top K, and Feely was never any better than "[slightly-to-somewhat] above-average".

Sherry Rhodes - he sucked, and Brodney Pool is an upgrade. Also, we now have such teriffic secondary depth that we could possibly rotate Lowery and Wilson into the "safety position" as well at times.

11. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Dont forget D. Warren can also play that safety position!

12. mystikol

mystikol New Member

That, too. He hasn't officially made the team, but most seem to think he's just about a lock.

13. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I would think he's a lock...he could definitely beat out Coleman in camp.

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Some of these posts sound like eulogies.

15. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Leon...the excitement when the ball was in his hands. That being said, who knows if he'd be the old Leon when he came back?