Pundit grades for our picks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MexJetinBcn, Apr 24, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They are trying to trade him, but I guess no one is willing to give a 7th for Clemens, he's that bad.

He was below average against Tampa.

When he has to step in and play a team with anything close to a .500 record, then we'll be calling for his head.

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Positive Feedback

Man the business side hurts, but the more you know...

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2010nyj.php

Make a comment, post your own, eat a gf with a white bear, I don't care...

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

this was posted earlier, but it sure is nice to see people grading the players we picked, and not grading our draft based on the fact we also cut faneca and traded leon

4. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

yeah this has been posted already.

5. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

People probably starting to realize that this is the Jets MO- have about 3 or 4 players drafted and hit on 75% of them. Guess they're saving making themselves look stupid and just giving them high grades now.

6. jetsandtheunder

it's the New York Rex from now on I think-look I know losing Leon and Faneca really hurt, at least for me but I have faith

I figured Leon was a goner starting months ago, and I wish him and his fucked up leg the best-his agent screwed him for sure

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Id love to see some draft grades from websites other than walterfootball. They have a tendency to play favorites or be biased.

And id also love to see what reviews are saying about our UDFAs, makes me feel alot better about the draft.

8. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

Friends... the Jets have an identity. We will run the damn ball and play defense.

Run the ball: Got a road grader @ LG who will help in the run game and can play RT when Woody retires. Plus we got an old school FB who can help in the short run & pass game and of course provide steller pass and run blocking. In this league young RBs are a priority. As much as we all love Leon - after that injury, when you're game is built on speed and shiftiness - I can't blame the CS for the decision to swap him for McKnight.

Defense: Anyone who saw the colts game knows we needed another CB. Taylor will help the pass rush this year & buys us another year to see if Gholston/Westerman can rush the QB reliably. Of course it would have been nice to get younger at DE, but you can't address every need in 1 draft.

My sole concern is the ability to fill in for Faneca. When you're o-line paves the way for the #1 run attack and you lose a piece - it's only natural to worry... especially since the memory of Pete Kendell is still fresh. Assuming LG works out S isn't a liability, Sanchez continues to protect the ball & injuries don't get us.... we'll be f'n elite!!

So... A-

#28 JeTerps, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  9. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

lmao..:beer:

Next on the chopping block .....Danny (freaking) Woodhead!!!

10. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I like our draft and I'm going to let it sink in a couple of days. We definitely are going younger and Rex plans on developing this team into the defense of the century. He knows his shit and I trust him.

Letting Leon go was a good move. I'll miss the guy, but his injury was a serious one and he hasn't even applied any pressure on it by doing cuts...he's only been running straight.

11. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

God I love your sig of Vida Guerra.... I only wish it showed that fantastic ass of hers too :breakdance:

12. Jetfan2k7

Jetfan2k7 New Member

We added youth at key positions were we lacked it (except CB). I still think we should have taken a DE/DT but I'm still happy with our draft choices.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

the best teams are the teams that do a great job of managing the revolving door of players.

replacing a vet with a young stud a year early is infinitely better then 'trying' to replace that same vet a year too late while in panic mode.

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Round 1 (29): CB Kyle Wilson- Wilson was one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2010 draft. Cleveland said it was a “coin-toss” between Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson at pick number 7. Wilson was incredible value late in the first round, and will be able to contribute immediately as a nickle back in the Jets’ defense. Grade: A

Round 2 (61): OG/RT Vladimir Ducasse- Vladimir was a top guard prospect on many scout’s boards, and was a projected 2nd or 3rd round pick. He has great size, but is pretty raw and would benefit from a year or two developing before becoming a full time starter. According to Rex Ryan, Ducasse and Matt Slausen will compete for the starting left guard position vacated by 8 time Pro Bowler Alan Faneca, but I have a feeling that Ducasse will win the job. Grade: B

Round 4 (112): RB Joe McKnight- McKnight, the former teammate of Mark Sanchez, is a change of pace back that should contribute right away in the return game and on 3rd downs. He is not a physical back and is known to shy away from contact, but he makes up for it with his speed and athleticism. The Jets obviously had no future with Leon Washington, so they needed to replace his production on special teams and in the backfield. McKnight should fit well in the Jets run heavy offense. Grade: B-

Round 5 (139): RB/FB John Conner-
    Tony Richardson is pushing 40 and is on the last years of his career. The Jets have tried to develop fulbacks Jehuu Caulcrick and James Davis over the past few seasons, but they must not view them as long term solutions. The fullback is a dying position in the pass heavy offenses we have been seeing, but it’s vital to the success of the Jets running attack. Tony Richardson is still the guy until he decides to retire, but Conner can contribute on special teams until he takes over as the full time stater at fullback. Rex Ryan stated that Conner was one of his favorite players in this year’s draft class. Grade: C+

Overall:
    The Jets addressed their need at nickle back and also got younger on the offensive line. They also added a 3rd down back and special teamer to replace Leon Washington’s role. I would have liked the Jets to address defensive line depth, but you can only do some much in one draft. You also have to take into consideration that Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and ex-Jet Lito Sheppard were acquired with the Jets 2010 draft picks. However, I will not be including those trades in my final draft grade.

Overall Grade: B

15. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

16. Odd Neck Stems

Even deeper:

"Worst Overall Drafts
    Washington Redskins/New York Jets: Both teams made significant free agency moves, but unloaded talent on draft day that they may have been better off keeping. Both first-round picks (Trent Williams(notes) to the Redskins; Kyle Wilson(notes) to the Jets) are impressive, but the general sense in the NFL is that you build through the draft and augment through free agency. Both teams are expected to make playoff runs this season, and the ramifications will be interesting if they fall short." - Yahoo Sports

Not a reaction I expected. Don't know why I even click on yahoo sports links anymore.

17. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

CBS Sports Pete Prisco

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13292105?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

New York Jets

Best pick: I love Kyle Wilson in the first round. He joins Antonio Cromartie and Darrelle Revis at corner to give the Jets a heck of a tough group to throw against.

Questionable move: Taking Vladmir Ducasse in the second round. They will move him from tackle to guard, but he is raw.

Third-day gem: I like fourth-round running back Joe McKnight in the fourth round. He has big-time speed.

Analysis: Getting Wilson is a nice move, but the rest of the draft wasn't too exciting. I do like McKnight to take over the Leon Washington role.

Player by player:
    No. 29: Jets select: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State Grade A
    Analysis: The rich get richer. Go ahead and try and throw against their secondary. He will be the nickel corner with Revis and Cromartie. They will blitz even more.

No. 61: Jets select: Vladimir Ducasse, OT, Massachusetts Grade B+
    Analysis: They are ready to make a change at left guard with Alan Faneca. This kid played tackle in college, but he will slide inside to guard. He could also play right tackle. I like this pick. He is raw, but talented.

No. 112: Jets select: Joe McKnight, RB, USC Grade B+
    Analysis: McKnight is some insurance if Leon Washington doesnt make a full recovery. McKnight has good speed and ability but didnt put it all together at USC.

No. 139: Jets select: John Conner, FB, Kentucky Grade C
    Analysis: Conner is a fullback and thans about it. He doesnt have good enough speed to really make an impact in the running or receiving game. He is a good hard nosed player.

#37 MexJetinBcn, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the problem is some "analysts," like fans, are extremely short-sighted and don't quite grasp moves that don't address the perceived issues of outsiders, like themselves, that don't have a idea about the team at all.

all of these draft picks are obviously "build" choices, not augmenting choices, but they are being built for the future, not just this coming season.

19. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I can understand that opinion with the Redskins since they been doing this for years now and coming up with nothing, This was our first year of really going big in free-agency, Maybe last year aswell but we have a nice nucleus of young talent we got in the draft. It's 50/50 for us.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Walter football got what was going on..

It was all about value and long term with this draft year.