Same. Old. Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Apr 24, 2010.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

I can't believe what they did today. Releasing Faneca, even though they will have to pay him 5 mil this year in whatever uniform he puts on this season. Trading away Leon for a FB. Draft day dipshit moves = SOJ.

Who will play left guard? Hatian Biz Markie? Slauston? Turner?

I figured they drafted MCKnight because he has Leon-esque qualities, but to not keep Leon onboard for this season to see where he was in TC and at least part of the season...

Are we really counting on (UGH!) Jason Taylor to be the only addition to the pass rush?

This is why the moniker Same Old Jets never washes off. They set up to make a real run, then remove (at least 1 huge piece) that could destabilize the entire O line, not to mention that there will be a leadership vacuum to boot. If it wasn't so pathetic, I'd probably just laugh.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Why don't you educate yourself by reading some of the threads in all of the football related forums.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Lol you're a dummy

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

lol

this. no need for any more posts in this thread (including mine)

5. snipes824

snipes824 Member

what a dumb post.

6. 624

624 Banned

How does getting rid of old players make us the same old Jets?

[​IMG]

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Everyone point and laugh at the retarded OP.

8. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

I'm the dummy? I didn't cut a guy over 2.5 mil in an uncapped year...In which he gets 5 mil regardless... Or they let Feely walk over a few 100k and now we have Folk and some guy who hasn't been in football for 2 years as our kicking game... They did nothing that addressed an immidiate need.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

still. dont. get it.

10. jaybny

jaybny Banned

f a i l fail fail fail

11. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Some old gang green forums, doesn't matter what the Jets did threads like this won't go away

12. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Same Old Attitude

13. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

Can anyone here really believe that The Biz will give you what Faneca did? Yes he gave up 6.5 sacks last year... I'm willing to bet as green as Biz is he won't give nearly any impact. And who currently on the roster will slide in at left guard? Fanecas got 5 million GUARANTEED! So he gets that along with whatever money he will get from where he lands. We got younger...Big Deal. Why trade to make a real run and cut a vet who helped Brick get nasty and was solid between him and Mangold? Oh, I forgot, now whatever the Jets do is genius. Must be...

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Man you must be richer than Woody because you seem not to give a shit about throwing "a couple mil here" or "a few hundred k there"... You should go back to biting that pillow right about now.

Maybe Woody/Tanny and Co. thought Faneca wasn't worth the money, same with Feely.

15. ........

........ Trolls

As I posted, Woody pays the $5 million MINUS whatever Faneca makes this season on a new deal. As I realized this morning after completely failing to see any logic in the timing, keeping him into camp means a risk that he gets injured and we're on the hook for his full $7.5 million AND can't very well cut him. I'm feeling a bit better about the move, and hope our LG play improves.

16. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

Faneca get 5 mil no matter what... So they threw 5 mil to the win when they cut him. No it isn't my money, but let's not act like Woody is a pauper.

Can you really believe that Faneca is worth 5 million gone, or 7.5 here? They saved 2.5 million bucks, and in the process could have serioulsy screwed the OL chemistry.

17. IATA

IATA Trolls

I like how the OP is a total racist. Good times.

18. ........

........ Trolls

Faneca will probably get $3 million from his new team. Woody will spend $2 million, save $5 million, and save $2 million on cap space next year. Make no mistake, these moves have a lot to do with next year and preserving the core.

And the move isn't genius. It's necessary. I get that it's hard to see that. Until I got full information, I didn't fully understand it either.

19. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

As far as I understand the rules to be (and you may very well be right and I could be wrong) the 5 mil is on the Jets books no matter what due to their being no cap and no CBA. I've heard it several times and read it from 2 sites that the 5 mil in on Woodys books, no matter what.

20. jcjet

jcjet Member

so true!! well said some people never have any faith