Leon Washington traded.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Keithnyj, Apr 24, 2010.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Next draft, I'm taking Junc on the drink with me :beer:

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Soooo... how does one change their username?

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Did you even read the post I was quoting? Did you read what Leon's wife of all people said? I'm guessing you didn't. Don't blame the Jets for shipping him to a place everybody is going to forget he ever existed. His agent made Leon's bed and now he has to lie in it.

I have a hard time believing you'd rather lose with class... did you enjoy the Mangini debacle? We lost 5 stratight to miss the playoffs but at least Mangini and Favre had class right? How about the Doug Brien game? We may have been within a FG of the AFC title game but hey at least we lost with class.

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

:beer: I'd gladly meet up with you! He may need additional support!

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

PM a mod with the new user name.

6. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

One of my all time favorite Jets. I hope he does better than ever for Seattle (as long is it isn't a game winning TD against the Jets.)

I'm very sad to see him go but you've got to appreciate that Rex and Tannenbaum, with some of their more ruthless moves (i.e Faneca,) are ensuring that the team is not just built to win now but also to have the $ to resign guys and win for the next 5 years

7. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

PM a Mod. May I suggest.... VladimirNYJ.....catchy....

8. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

We all love Leon that is correct BUT his relationship with the Jets has been dismantled over the past 2 seasons deeming unrepairable in our eyes, Keels over the off season of 2011 would be unfair to our staff and the Jets just didnt want over pay for him. Yes we love a great Jet but he goes to a Seattle team in a different conference and we drafted a guy in McKnight that in time, with coaching and leadership(from LT and Anthony Lynn), can be a solid and elusive back in the future.

A one two combo of Greene and McKnight has HUGE potential.

#128 JohnnyThaJet, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  9. gustoonarmy

Hey, I love getting rounds, the longer they come around the better :smile: :beer:

10. Barry the Baptist

The other major difference is that Revis will be paid like the best CB in the league, we made Leon a more then fair offer and his "don't get sniped" of an agent spit in our face.

11. gustoonarmy

I will get enormous satisfaction when Leon dumps keels, eventually. Fairly sure that Leon loved being a Jet and wanted to stay, so hopefully will see Keels for what he is.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

so he should take less than he is worth b/c he might get injured?

:up:

thanks.

We could have used a future pick or another player. We gave him away for nothing.

Yep, reason w/ me by saying we made the title game w/o him so we didn't need him. same old green giant bringing nothing to a discussion.

13. Barry the Baptist

Do you feel bad for me? I have an authentic Carrie Rhodes jersey hanging in the closet...

14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

no one knows what he is worth - hes not healthy yet, there is no guarantee he'll ever be the same - wtf is so hard to understand about that!!!

15. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

This is squarely on the player and agent not on the FO. Be real the guy is not and will never be a feature back I love him and his game but being real The agent was ot being realistic in the contract talks

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

How can you not think that a massive leg injury to a 27 year old HB not drop his value?

17. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

IMO Leon loved the Jets as well but Keels kept being that troll in his ear repeating and repeating that the Jets no longer want him and he has no value in the organization.

Its sad to see him go but unfortunately I dont see Leon dropping Keels in the future, maybe due to his own ignorance.

18. JetsFanInVB

JetsFanInVB New Member

Has junc stopped posting long enough to consider that the CS may not have much confidence in Leon's ability to recover his old form and the offer we got from Seattle was the best we could do? Had we lost Leon for nothing next offseason you can bet junc would be complaining just as loudly.

And I love how he thinks he has McKnight already pegged as half the player Leon is/was. He has no friggin clue and no possible way of knowing.

19. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

I was simply pointing out that Leon Washington was such a valuable, and irreplaceable member of the team that the Jets rush offense didn't miss a beat once he went down, and the team ultimately reached the AFC Championship game without him.

But by all means, please continue to whine and make a fool over yourself over the loss of an injured scatback who supposedly possessed 1st round talent...

...1st round talent? So retarded.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man, I am so torn with this move. I loved Leon whenever I saw him with the ball in his hands. Coles called him the most explosive player in the NFL a few years ago. And he just might have been.

At the end of the day, it's all a business, and I totally understand why the Jets did it. It will just take some time for this to sink in. Leon will always be one of my favorite Jets.

Good luck in Seattle, warrior. You were always a true Jet, no matter what happened.

DAMMIT.