Leon Washington traded.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Keithnyj, Apr 24, 2010.

1. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

We shipped him out of the division, and netted the best blocking FB in the draft.

He was such a valuable member of the team last year that we only advanced to the ACF Championship game without him.

Get a grip.

2. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The value does seem unfair but it's probably hard to get much more than that while he's rehabbing a broken leg.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You literally know nothing about college football.

Chill out, old man. You'll crap yourself.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we advanced that far w/o jenkins- why not get rid of him too?

5. ........

........ Trolls

He did NOT play like a 1st round pick here. Not a good 1st round pick, anyway. He was solid for us for 3 seasons, but a 1st round RB should be a consistent 1000 yard back to merit his draft position, regardless of return prowess. He outplayed his draft position. Absolutely. Not to the extent of a 1st rounder, though.

It's not a matter of overrating talent or underrating talent here. It's a matter of a very difficult financial offseason coming up and the likely return of the cap. Difficult choices are having to be made. I don't like the players we're losing, but I can at least recognize the pragmatic reasons why the moves had to be made.

6. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

I love Leon as much anyone. But he made his own bed. He def. should have signed that contract him and his agent got way to greedy. Enjoy the northwest

7. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

no way we were going to keep leon after this year with the money he was commanding. by drafting joe mcknight we get an explosive third down runningback who is going to get fourth round money and is a lot like leon washington. Plus he isnt coming off a friggin compound fracture. I'm just happy we got something for leon because he was gone after this year.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Oh God, not this again.

9. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Leon played like a 1st round talent? WTF? When was this? Are you only counting one and two game stretches?

Do you know what a 1st round talent RB is supposed to represent? Never heard a scatback referred to as a 1st round talent, first time for everything I guess.

And yes it matters where Leon was picked, look around the league, quality backs are a dime a dozen and great talent can be found in the 4th round, like Washington... and McKnight.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

We don't have a stable of nose tackles like we do at running back.

Greene, Tomlinson, and now McKnight are all better options than a player like Washington that's coming off of a very serious injury.

When you can't pass a physical, you aren't valuable. This was a good move for the future of our backfield.

John Conner will eventually replace Tony Richardson and he'll contribute right away on special teams.

Joe McKnight actually have good enough size to line up at receiver, unlike Washington. He's more versatile than Washington.

11. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Because 28 year old 3rd down backs in contract years coming off of broken legs are worth significantly less than top 5 talent at the NT position.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that was mature.

how many times do people have to leave here on bad terms before people start to realize that tannenburger just doesnt give a fuck and will do whatever he feels is necessary. he will lie to the players he will rake them over the coals he will use them up and throw them away.

this is eerily reminiscent of the way the patriots treat guys. i dont want to be the patriots as has been said in the past i would rather lose with class than win without it. it speaks to me about the fo when his wife goes and says something like that.

there are just too many things with too many guys over the past few years for me to look the other way about how the fo handles themselves.

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

We gave away a family favourite, coming off a serious broken leg. He was a valuable player with an asshole agent, now hes damaged goods with an even slate who has it all to prove.

14. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Oh my god! We traded a 28 year old, undersized RB who is OK at returning kicks who is coming off a broken leg! What are we going to do?!?!?!?!

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

But he's so unproven! LeOn WAsth E bEst HlafBCka wEver HAd!!!1!!1!

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what makes mcknight a better pure RB? and on this team going forward why would we need a better pure RB rather than a versatile guy like Leon?

I'm not maligning McKnight, he's a good player but Leon is more explosive and he's still young. We downgraded but the irritating thing is that we got nothing for leon. At least had we got something for him it would be easier to accept but giving leon and a 7th rounder for a 5th? really? really?

If revis' agent acts like keels do we ship out revis in a year or 2?

we would deserve him to go to NE or Miami and torment us. We let a really good player go for nothing. Another asinine move and againm as much as I love this regime they have had some whoppers in the bad category- favre, Leon, Gholston, Feely, ...

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I thought you were a Jets fan? Why would you say this?

18. gustoonarmy

So have people at your work ever been fired / let go?
    Its a business first and foremost, and these PROFESSIONALS realise this. As much as the FO is trying to get value, so are the agents.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I agree. We never should have signed Feely...

20. gustoonarmy

Astonishing isn't it? :mad:
    Fuck , I've been drinking all day, so maybe a little off here, but this is football blasphemy to me.