17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I sold my pair in row one section 130 last year for dolphins game on subhub for $495 each. One sale covered my pre-season tickets I had to buy and paid for my beer and hotdogs for season. Wife was like what nut paid $990 for a pair of tickets to a regular game? Don't know but I got paid minus 15%.

I only had those row one tickets for one year, but what a cash cow for people who had them all along, sell 1-3 games and rest of games are free plus play-off and superbowl rights.

However, BIL had crappy UD seats last year and they are worth squat last year and squart this year.

Those 125 face tickets really cost 185 when you factor in PSL and with 15% stubhub fee you need around $210 a ticket to break even.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's an awfully big "if." ROJF is relatively new to this. Like IS, I've been unloading some of my seats since 1985. The season record has a lot to do with it, plus the weather and opponent. Right now, expectations for this team are through the roof... off the charts.

Not wishing this on myself ever again, but I've been through many, many seasons where you're 3-8 or so, and believe me, you can't give the fucking things away. Tring to resell the seats back then was hard enough, I can't imagine trying to unload at these prices, with Preseasons, 15% commissions and PSLs weighing it down. The whole idea of breaking even or making a profit at doing this is a real LOSER, and that's with a capital L.

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

227 it is all location location location. A 75% sold out stadium will have scalpers for best seats. Trouble is all that is left is those bottom 25% tickets. Scalpers don't want them and real jet fans already have tickets.

Plus 495 a ticket sounded great, really was only 425 after stub hub but those seats are now 20K PSLs with a big ticket price. You have to be selling all 8 regular games at that price. Last year only Dolphins and Pats had a good mark up that still left you with eight games to unload often at below face.

I am the one who reported $15 dollar milatary tickets in mezz last year, face was $115, that is disgusting, Jets should have just ate them or gave them free to milatary people. Posting them on line as milatary appreciation tickets is sad.

Jets are now doing no money down under fake names to anyone on the street, if resale does not hold up they will be worse off then a south beach condo after the crash, sold and then unsold with only buyers left being vultures.

Interesting stub hub took away free form text this year, only way to brag about seats are pre-populated fields that say, actual row one, actual row two, first ten rows, aisle etc. Past row ten non asile in a section stub hub just throws it into a black hole of a commodity you can't put in a positive comment. That is why sections 109, 117, 144, 133 143 etc scalpers grabbed lots of first ten row seats with nothing down, still lower sideline, 125 ticket and a cheap psl, they have a chance of breaking even or better with no money out of their pocket and they can walk away. They avoided mezz, UD, LLEZ, and high price PSLs like the plague. Funny and that is exactly what is sold out, ten rows and down in cheap sideline PSls, LGL and TC.

Damm Jets just forced their season ticket holders into 82,500 ticket brokers. Second preseason game already has UD folks selling for 60 bucks.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

who easy was it to sell tix back in 2003 or 2005?
    i couldnt give shit away
    and i was 40 yard line upper jets side 13 row

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have some nice pics from last night, i'll post them this weekend.

I had a chance to roam all around the Stadium and I was shocked w/ how nice the views were from the upper deck. I went to the last row in the UD and it was a good view. Lower and Mez are spectacular.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Were the scoreboards fully up and running without sponsor logos? Did you get a feel for the stadium?

7. nyjunc

No and I will be pissed(as we all will be) if they cut them in half for ads. They look terrible w/ the ads.

I got a real nice feel for the place, I was there in November for a tour but being there yesterday w/ it almost finished I loved it. I reserve the right to change my mind come gametime but the place was spectacular. I walked around to many different spots and sat down and just like the old building I don't think there's a bad seat in the house. Some are still better than others but it was great.

I was shocked at the view from the upper deck. In pictures the Stadium looks similar to FedEx and I sat in the UD at FedEx in '03 when we opened there and those were awful seats. I felt like I was a mile away from the action but going to the last row in the UD I felt still had a good view and I was shocked.

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I could not sell row one Mezz in section 227 last year even after spamming the world and then only then did I sell my seasons at 10% under face.

People in the Mezz in 2010 dreaming of tickets sales good luck, couldn't sell those tickets for $110 with a face of $115 last year.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Is this Woody posting? The Upper deck, row 10 where I sit is so god damm far compared to the old stadium is crazy. Is it a nice place, sure, but please, the last row in the UD is beyond ridiculous. I was dizzy

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I look forward to your picture...good to hear your comments about the Upper Deck.

As for the scoreboard, I expect that the whole screen would be used for real-time plays as well as replays.

I would also expect the split screen sponsor effect for when they are posting stats or out-of-town scores, etc.

I can live with that.

11. nyjunc

Like I said I sat in fedEx and that's incredibly far away. I had extremely low expectations for the UD and I was shocked at how good it looked compared to what I expected. yes you are higher but rememebr the field is also higher as well so that makes up for some of the height difference.

In the Verizon corner they have a verison logo on top of the scoreboard that actually goes over the top pf that scoreboard. It looks very silly and hopefully they fix that. I have a pic of that as well that I will post.

12. 17a_tailgater

i felt the same way that the seats wherent that bad. then i noticed the little specks in the end zone where people. where there people on the field or was it empty??

you need to see how small the people are

13. 17a_tailgater

this discussion is pointless unless you post the pics now.
    how can we believe you now with pics to follow?

14. nyjunc

I understand that, some people were walking on the field but obviously players will be much bigger.

15. nyjunc

Unfortunately they blocked sites like photobucket at work so I can't post today. Maybe when I get home tonight. I could e-mail you a few shots and you can post them. send me your e-mail address.

16. 17a_tailgater

i cant post them either at work:breakdance:

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'll post some pics too-

We were in the Gridiron Club, I have to admit it was damn nice.

Having a full bar and food that is actually good was odd.

Steak sandwich cost 15 bucks though, and my Dad had a $10.00 caeser salad.

Did you guys see Mangold and Chrebet??

18. jetfanandy

jetfanandy New Member

Finally caved in and bought my seats in the new stadium. Section 144, Row 18, Seats 3,4. Now I just need the Jets to win some games.

Anyone know where I can get a view of the stadium from that section?

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Congrats on the tix!!

Did they just change those to the 10% deposit or have they been that way for a while?
    In this thread somewhere-

Go take a tour too-

20. jetfanandy

jetfanandy New Member

Thanks! Not sure if it's been 10% for a while--I think they may have changed it a month or two ago. I'll definitely take a tour.