Kyle Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Apr 22, 2010.

1. greenpower

greenpower New Member

So you can't pass on a guy who's done nothing in 2 seasons in Cromartie and a rookie?
    Stop slapping your cocktail franks on your keyboards guys and calm down

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

There are a lot of people who say a team is only as good as their third corner back. If that's the case the Jets just made their team great.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Although I've never actually heard ANYONE say that, this just may be the most positive comment you've ever posted.

4. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I can understand why someone might be upset about this pick, but they are WRONG! This is a great pick. You can't have too many good DBs, people. Great coverage leads to sacks and turnovers. Love love love this pick.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you can't be serious...

don't even start.

6. Ten

Ten Active Member

I'm very torn.The draft pick isn't bad,it seems we went best player available and got great value.But we've either gave up a 1st for a guy who will be our nickle back for the next 5 years,or we've gave up a 3rd/2nd for Cromartie for a one year contract.I'm not happy with using a 1st for depth or using a day 2 pick for a one year contract.

It could be worse,could of picked a bad player.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They could still re-sign Crom.

Rex's scheme needs 3 top CBs. This was a great pick.

8. Ten

Ten Active Member

I'd be very surprised if we do.Cro won't be cheap,won't be too expensive either but Revis will also be the most expensive CB in football.I don't think we can afford to invest that much money into one position.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Wow, I just scanned through your posting-history (via your User Profile), and you're either (a) a sad excuse for a troll or (b) just really..wrong and off-base in the majority of your posts.

It's actually quite entertaining, and I recommend anyone who's looking for a laugh, to check out this guy's posts.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love it, we still needed corners despite the cromartie addition. This gives Rex so much flexibility on D, we have it all. This move is great for now(as a nickel back and on STs) and for the future(if cromartie isn't here long term).

11. woutervz

woutervz Member

good pick and indeed best player on the board at that time!! :jets:

12. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

I was kind of surprised by the pick but correct me if I'm wrong i think Rex's defense relies on good DB's the way an offense relies on good linemen. You can never have too many and they allow the rest of the D to do whatever the hell they want.

Good pick....great value. And if cromartie can't get it together...we're still fine.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Well, that's a well-thought-out argument full of evidence. And so eloquently put.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i feel asleep just as the fins picked odrick.

its sucks getting old

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What you are failing to realize is that Cro was one of the best CBs in the league just 2 years ago. The reason for his fall has been a change in the Chargers defensive philosophy and a lack of getting pressure on the QB. The style Rex plays is similar to what he was in when he had tons of success. He's also not being asked to be the #1 CB, he's a play maker and outside of very few teams in the league our #2CB is better then their #2 WR. Let's be honest, he's not going to be covering the Andre Johnson' or Randy Moss's of the world. He'll be covering guys like Chad Jackson, Davone Bess, Mike Wallaces and Derrick Mason.

By adding a guy who was arguably the best cover CB as well as one of the best punt return men in the draft you really nuetralize a teams 3rd WR and also now have the ability to shop Leon because you essentially now have him covered at RB (with LT) and as a return man with Wilson.

#395 Barry the Baptist, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  16. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Was this post draft conference with Rex and Mike T posted

[youtube]gCkCRm-EcMw[/youtube]

I laughed my ass off.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm still shocked Wilson fell. Love this fucking pick.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Someone mentioned it before, I've never seen the fanbase so supportive of a pick.

I still am curious about Lowery, does he play safety or what???

I disagree with a lot of people who want to just throw Lowery away, I think he is a good player.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It was an area of need, based on the style Rex plays he needs 3 solid CBs. Wilson could have been a top 10 pick. The biggest threats to the Jets are teams with multiple WR sets ie the Pats, Colts, Chargers and even Cinci to an extent. The only team that is a threat that doesn't run a passing offense is you guys. I will not overlook Miami because the fact is Rex hasn't beaten you yet so I have to look at Miami as a threat even if I think the 2nd win was a fluke.

You are also looking at this as a one year solution which it clearly isn't. Cromartie is an FA next year and he could walk away. He also could not regain what made him one of the best CBs in the league a few years ago. HYpothetically this is a one year tryout fro him, if he fails Wilson will be out #2 next year which would still give us one of the best tandems in the league.

20. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Great pick...love it