Kyle Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Apr 22, 2010.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Lotta people @ the meadowlands wanted us to trade down. Could of gotten a solid corner in the 2nd. Especially since you figured teams would wanna beat the vikes to the next QB, and that the Lions were willing to trade up to 30 anyway.

Miami and the Pats imo both had excellent drafts managing to get the guys we wanted AND picking up a slew of draft picks.

Yeah Kyle Wilson is a good pick at all, and im certain this drastically improves our pass defense, but still at the same time you gotta look at what our divisional rivals did.

2. Klecko10

Klecko10 Member

I love our secondary now, but aren't you guys worried about our D-line? I'm worried about our O-line too. There's still plenty of draft left so hopefully the rest of it is linemen. Faneca and Woody worry me. Their age. I remember when Mawae and Fabini shit the bed. It all went downhill overnight. The year after Curtis won the rushing title.

Also, no one will be able to throw against us but how about that first game against the Ravens trying to pound the ball. Don't want teams to run against us.

Let's hope for linemen the rest of the way.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I don't know if this was posted, but here is Wilson's reaction and Gruden and Young literally gushing about the pick. The sounds a little fucked, but enjoy...
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TMCiFmr7E4[/YOUTUBE]

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

only thing I would change is since Revis's nick around here is Revis Christ I'd just change that to Thou shalt not pass....but over all great concept :)

5. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

I dig. I've stated that Kyle Wilson can play ball, but the pick was not an area of need with your OL & DL depth looking suspect. Yes the Colts torched you guys in the playoffs with 3rd + 4th Wr's, but how many teams have 3 or 4 good Wr's to line up. Not many. I wish these other Jet fans understand that I'm not ragging on the player picked, just the position. You guys got a solid player. Take it for what it is.

6. GreenMachine

Do you understand what BPA means?

What OL or Dl was a better pick for the Jets than Wilson?

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

what the hell?

We were going BPA, dumbass.....Wilson was a gift to this defense. This is a deep draft....and we have other picks where we can shore up the trenches.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Not even a Christian reference but whatever.

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I agree. I wanted Odrick but you have to admit Wilson was hard to pass up the way the board fell. Plenty of depth (as Rex noted) at 3-4 D-linemen all the way into the 3rd round.

10. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Great selection by the Jets. I CANNOT BELIEVE KYLE WILSON FELL TO US!!!!!! I didn't think he would get past the Texans. Once he fell to us I wanted either him or Kindle but by drafting Wilson, he will have an immediate impact in 2010. Whereas Kindle wouldn't have had major impact 2010 because we have Pace, Thomas and now Taylor. Kindle rotating with those 3 will have nowhere near the impact of upgrading Lowery with Wilson. I am fuckin ecstatic and cannot wait to get after Peyton Manning with this deadly playmaking trio at CB.

Big win for the Jets what a steal!!!!!!!!!

11. mystikol

mystikol New Member

I hope my future wife doesn't want kids, because I now have no jizz left.

12. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Since you brought up QB before. The Packers didn't need a QB when they drafted Aaron Rodgers in 2005. That pick looks pretty good now. No one knows if Cromartie will even be a Jet in 2011.

13. CatoTheElder

What the fuck? Did he and his friends/family decide to cram into the smallest corner in the basement possible? Aside from that, great video.

14. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

BPA in context of the draft??? What in the heck does BPA mean? Sheesh. I won't get into who would have been the better pick, because it doesn't matter at this point. You guys got a special teamer and a nickel corner that does not fill a big need, but improves your depth at two positions. I'm not putting Wilson down, I just stated my opinion. I'm sure tomorrow will help everyone conclude how the draft is shaping up for our respective teams.

15. 624

624 Banned

How are we supposed to make fun of Dolphins fans with no Jason Taylor ammo?

EDIIT: Nevermind

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq6Q9wu3F6w[/YOUTUBE]

16. Windeos

Windeos Member

I love Wilson's reaction, how happy does he not look??

Compare that to Earl Thomas's face getting picked up by the Seahawks

17. CatoTheElder

Their record....

18. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

I feel the same way, but we just need depth on the lines, not starters. Since it looks like we won't be trading Faneca, we can live without a blue chip lineman. Pick immediate impact guys on day 1 and use day 2 (or now days 2 and 3) to fill out the depth.

Yeah Odrick would have been nice but Wilson was easily the BPA at 29 (outside of Clausen and it goes without saying that we have absolutely no use for a young QB), and he will make an impact right away on passing downs. Taking a guy like Lindval Joseph in the second and a decent guard and/or tackle project is all we need from here on out.

#318 LockDown24, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  19. GreenMachine

You are truly are retarded. BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE.

Nice way of avoiding the question though. Where is there a hole at OL? Where is the hole at DL? Who was there for the Jets to pick

20. CatoTheElder

For two years in a row, I have never seen a first round pick so elated to hear his name called after the phrase "the New York Jets select."