Kyle Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Apr 22, 2010.

1. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Step 1. Have the best pass defense in the NFL
    Step 2. Exchange Lito Sheppard for Antonio Cromartie
    Step 3. Exchange Sherry Rhodes for Brodney Pool.
    Step 4. Get a healthy Kris Jenkins back.
    Step 5. Sign Jason Taylor
    Step 6. Draft Kyle Fucking Wilson!

The best got waaaaaaaaaaay better this offseason.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

Stolen from facebook

#282 BadgerOnLSD, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  3. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

That needs to become a T-shirt ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4. 624

624 Banned

That is awesome...is there a bigger version so I can set it as desktop?

5. mystikol

mystikol New Member

In a couple of months, special teams has gone from a weakness to a strength with the addition of Santonio Holmes and Kyle Wilson. Wow.

Out of curiosity, can one of our experts chime in on whether Lowery or KWil can spend any time at safety?

6. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

i'm elated you guys picked a CB in the first round when you already have two solid corners. You know, it's like if the Colts would've drafted McCoy in the 1st.

7. mystikol

mystikol New Member

^ ^ Insta-desktop background.

Beautiful work. Thanks.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

...and Badger wins the thread.

9. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

For the people who don't like this pick simply because they feel we had enough corners...how soon we forget just how huge a guy like D. Strickland was making all those plays (when he was healthy) last season. There was a significant, visible difference in our secondary when he was not there in those nickel packages.

Now, the Jets have clearly upgraded in that role, and I cannot wait to see Wilson cause absolute havoc in our defensive schemes from those nickle/dime packages. This was a great pick, and you just can NEVER have enough good/great corners in this league, and we still have that 2nd round pick to sure up our D-line needs. Bottom-line is, you can't pass up a talent like this at a premium position.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Huh? Congrats, I think you win the award for most retarded post of the night! Well done.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

nah its more like Collie gets shut down, Wayne has a few token catches and Clark gets maybe 1 TD. and Garcon is less likely to break out on our shitty 4th and 5th CB's due to injury.

you really dont see the logic in it, thats fine.

i guess you dont get the logic of having quality depth at CB means its harder for any QB to find an open target and allows someone with good schemes ie. Rex Ryan to come up with even more blitz packages and rotate corners and disguise coverages even better.

whatever get ready for Parcells to leave for a 3 yr hiatus of italian food and stomach pouch deflation surgery.

12. GreenMachine

Ummm.. You are elated we bolstered our D? Awesome. Your analogy sucks. Wilson will play alot. If the Colts drafted mcCoy Colt would not play at all. You do know teams are allowed to have more than 1 CB on the field, right?

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The Jets had no areas of need.. because they're a good team and all. That was the plan.. have no needs then draft the best player.

Perhaps you didnt want that AFC CHAMPIONSHIP game that the Jets were involved in. The Jets were thin in the secondary and that's why they blew their lead and lost. Put Cromartie and Wilson in there instead of Lowery and Drew Coleman and it's a much different game. In case you havent followed the NFL at all the past few years, it's a passing league now and you can never have enough good corners out there.

You would think a Dolphins fan would realize that after watching his team get torched all year in pass defense, no?

14. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Damn that pic looks sooooo fucking good as my desktop..... Badger your the fuckin man.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Thank you!

The Fin draft guru's were fucking perplexed/pissed over this pick. This was an over kill pick for the Fins, are they going to trade Merling/Langford or Starks. They certainly not going to a 4-3. They were confused as to where Odrick fit in with the Fins..........lol and this stroke victim is coming here and busting balls over Wlson.

16. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

I totally agree with you, CB was not an area of need for us. But like I said, we don't really have any pressing needs, so we could afford to take BPA. CB and WR are the two best positions to have great depth at, since many offensive/defensive packages will require 3+ players of those position on the field at the same time.

As for Odrick, he's perfect as a five technique end in a 3-4 but is very undersized as a NT. Most of the best NTs in the NFL are bigger guys like Kris Jenkins, Albert Haynesworth and Vince Wilfork, and they all easily have a good 50 pounds on Odrick. If anything, you can get great use out of him at DT in 4-3 packages, but from what I understand Nolan prefers the 3-4.

17. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

The Jets draft party pretty much died when we made this pick.

Cant say I was pleased with it at first, but the way this league is set up you can never have too many corners. Far as im concerned there is no reason the saints, pats, colts, packers, steelers, or any pass heavy team should ever beat us this season.

The only teams that should stand a shot are well balanced pass/run teams and teams that can just compeltely crush our offense.

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Who exactly did everyone upset with this pick want the Jets to take? I mean do we want to be going up against Peyton Manning in the playoffs again and watch Drew Coleman and Dwight Lowery try to cover their receivers? No.

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but you really have no clue. If you watched the Jets last season you'd have noticed that they play a ton of nickel and dime and love blitzing DBs. Adding another physical man corner gives them even more freedome in dialing up those blitz packages. Our pressure does not necessarily come primarily from the LB position, it comes from anywhere. A lot of the time that means the secondary. Having yet another solid CB in the fold for nickle and dime gives Rex a lot of freedom in selecting his blitzes.

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4UfAL9f74I[/YOUTUBE]