Jets sign Taylor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LockDown24, Apr 20, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

More or less how I'll look at it. 60 minutes a week I will refrain from explicitly hating him. The rest of the week will be spent remembering how much of a bitch he was during his losses.

2. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

My new best friend

Jason Taylor ... he loves us!

JASON - MUH MAN!!
    :up:

[​IMG]

3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Apparently he was pretty good last season.

He was the eighth ranked 3-4 outside linebacker in all of football last season. He ranked 12th at his position as a pass rusher, fourth against the run, and seventh in coverage.

That's not bad.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What I find really odd from that site is that, Bryan "the Cactus" Thomas was 2nd best 4-3 OLB out of the ENTIRE LEAGUE. Makes a LOT of sense, eh?

P.S. Bart Scott came in at #19 from the 4-3 OLB list. Very well...

5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

sigh. I guess I will accept him.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I still cannot believe this gay fuck is on my team.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah they use numbers as if its baseball.

You can't do that in football. Cactus isn't a top 5 anything, and Taylor is 36.

Why didn't they get Greg Ellis? i'd rather have him. He's a better player and a better human being.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

On a second thought, I'd really love to see Jason Taylor sack Henne, then force the fumble, only to return that for a TD, in Miami.

Then he can show himself off to the crowd - a la Culpepper, beating on his knee after his TD run against that fag of the team. (Of course he said something in tune of "This was nothing personal...")

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

To be honest, this signing doesn't bother anywhere near as much as the Favre signing. He has the potential to fill a need - the most glaring need on this team - by putting pressure on the QB. The Favre signing made no sense and was one of the worst moves this franchise ever made. At least Taylor is transparent. Favre is just compeletely selfish and is a franchise wrecker while pullling the wool over the media's and everyone's else's eyes trying to demonstrate what a good guy he is. I'll take Taylor and his 8-10 sacks (I hope) over Burt and his 20+ picks, including a pick on the crucial last pass of the year, every year.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Here's the thing. Nobody made Jason Taylor do anything. This isn't the Gulag Archipelago. He signed on the dotted line all of his own volition. And I hope his number is #Asswipe.

Again, I seriously thought it would be a cold day in Hell that this would ever go down. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Part of it was me crossing my fingers. I'm great with being wrong, though; and I get to wear the mantle of wrong forever on this.

11. S.Kolber set Joe up!

I have gone through too much misery and heartache with this team to deal with this crap.

I can sure as hell gripe about the fact that the FO brought in our most hated rival for the last 12 years.

I hate Jason Taylor because he is garbage. I'll root for the Jets but I will certainly not cheer for Taylor, and I think the FO betrayed the TRUE fans. Let's not forget all of the history just because he is on our roster. We sold our souls to the devil.

Put your money where your mouth is and be sure to order your Taylor jersey first thing today. Then wear it proudly and tell all Jets fans what a great fan you are because you support the new pickup. Wisen up.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I can't ever remember being this upset about the Jets bringing in a clear upgrade. The only thing I can equate this to is when we signed Bryan Cox who was hated but not nearly as much as Taylor. He ended up winning over the fans by his play on the field, lets hope Taylor can do the same.

As much as I hate him and I do, it will be that much harder for the Phin fans if he gets his ring with the Jets.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Last time a Jet sold his soul to the devil was the last time we were SB champions, maybe not such a bad thing to do it again. Listen, I'm not happy about this signing either but he is a clear upgrade to a position that was our biggest need and if he comes in and helps us win a championship, all will be forgiven.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

welcome to the modern era of sports. nobody sold their soul for anything. the jets filled a need with a future hall of famer who will be a rotational player for a year. i don't need to buy his jersey to be happy when he gets a sack this year.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Keep in mind that signing Taylor probably means Ellis or Thomas is gone..it doesn't do any good to hope for anything less then that he succeeds. If only it could be Gholston but that would still cost the Jets 8 million more just to cut him.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I heard that when we play the Bengals if it ends in tie, Jason Talor and Chad Ochocinco have to do a "dance-off" with the Dancing with the Stars judges to determine winner. Since fan votes count and we all hate Jason we are in trouble.

17. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

So if we were to cheat like the patriots its fine in your mind?

18. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8BsX73_dXc[/YOUTUBE]

AHHAHAHAHAH:rofl:

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Zach Thomas pissed at Dolphins over handling of Taylor

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12871/thomas-blasts-dolphins-over-taylor

Zach Thomas is infuriated over the way the Miami Dolphins handled Jason Taylor's departure.

Thomas and Taylor combined for 13 Pro Bowls in the 11 years they starred together for the Dolphins defense. They're also brothers-in-law. Taylor married Thomas' sister, Katina.

So you better believe Thomas had a well-informed and passionate opinion about how the Dolphins handled Taylor's situation and his decision to join the New York Jets.

"Everybody hates the Jets," Thomas told Sid Rosenberg of Miami sports-radio station WQAM. "I hate the Jets. But he has to do what he has to do and get respect. You're driven by respect as a player, especially the good ones. And he's got it from Rex Ryan."

Thomas' comments will resonate with Dolfans. While they ran hot and cold with Taylor over the years because he sometimes was viewed as a pretty boy who made too many commercials and dared to participate in "Dancing With the Stars" and not Bill Parcells' first offseason conditioning program in 2008, Thomas is revered.

Thomas is a Dolphins icon, an everyman overachiever who was drafted in the fifth round and selected first-team All-Pro five times. When I asked readers to select their Dolphins Mount Rushmore as part of an ESPN.com project last year, Thomas received the fourth-most votes behind Dan Marino, Don Shula and Larry Csonka.

Thomas, his decibel level rising throughout the interview, said he's "a Dolphin for life," but alleged Taylor deserved better treatment from general manager Jeff Ireland.

"I mean, all-time sack leader right now as an active player, and you're going to talk about him when you're asked in the media like he's a first- or second-year player?" Thomas said. "[Ireland] should know how to respect guys that's been great to the game. That's fine if you don't have a need for him, but you tell him up front."

The Dolphins insisted upon waiting until after the draft to address Taylor's future with the club. Even then, there were no guarantees they'd have Taylor back.

The move was bittersweet for Thomas, who predicted Taylor will thrive with the Jets.

"He's sad," Thomas said. "He waited as long as he could. Everybody wants to feel wanted. The Jets, they wanted him. They're a team on the rise, and I hate to say it, but they got the No. 1 defense and are going to be even stronger, and you don't think Rex Ryan has a game plan for Jason Taylor?

"It's going to be better than the game plan they used with him [in 2009] because I hated watching it. When they were taking him out on third down, it was like taking Bruce Smith out on third down. That was frustrating for me. I'm a fan now. You don't take one of the greatest pass-rushers of all-time out on third down."

Thomas didn't appreciate the way the Dolphins handled his exit after the 2007 season, either.

Shortly after Bill Parcells took over football operations and hired Ireland and head coach Tony Sparano, they released Thomas after a dozen highly decorated seasons.

Thomas said he had only one request as he cleaned out his locker, to say goodbye to Dolfans with a news conference at the team's facility. The request was denied.

"You've got to respect players that's been good to the game," Thomas said. "I don't like the organization to look bad that way."

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm not celebrating the signing like you are whining, so no alternatives are necessary to compliment my behavior. I'm as fine with the signing as I would have been without it and that is the extent of my interest, you on the other hand are apparently significantly emotionally affected by it, thus you should do something to actually ease that emotional hurt or you really aren't as bothered by it as you are complaining about.

either shit or get off the pot, but I'm not the one who has to go to the bathroom.
    what if they cheat and are never caught and you never know? that's a possibility you have to be concerned with if you are truly concerned with "the right way," since you don't know what is leading to any Jets victory. so, after any win, do you question its legitimacy or do you simply enjoy it? if the latter, than clearly you aren't concerned about any "right way" or cheating either.