Jets sign Taylor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LockDown24, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

via Manish Mehta:

http://twitter.com/ManishMehta1/status/12538690518

2. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

you cant blame the guy for wanting to wait to the last minute to see if a deal came from the dolphins, the man spent his entire career there. that said i hope he doesnt play half hearted here and maybe uses that anger he feels on the field. i think he may not be to happy being here now but when training camp rolls around and he sees the type of player we have here he will come around and give 100% to us

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, it really isn't. He's a 35 year old player well past his prime who wasn't even looking to come here and kind of grudgingly took our money for one last pay check. He's from an arch-rival, and it will take decades for the Patriots to get to the level of hate that I have built up for the Dolphins over the years. He can't like this team at all, he's a pure mercenary and we play his old team, the one he really loves deep down twice a season.

Terrible, terrible signing. Much worse than the LT signing which was pretty bad itself.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

[​IMG]

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Good move. I have a feeling he's going to really enjoy sticking it to the dolphins on the best team in the AFC East. I'm pumped.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

7. Br4d

Bart Scott didn't go to Pittsburgh though and Pittsburgh wouldn't have taken him if he tried.

Taylor didn't play for the Dolphins last year. He played in Washington. This wasn't about staying with his old team it was about returning to it over us unless they wouldn't make an offer, which they didn't.

8. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Don't like the move or the player he is on down here apologizing and crap he just should have stayed retired.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Go do yourself. JT is still better than Bryan Thomas. JT is an upgrade over Gholston. Its a one year deal in an uncapped year.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Taylor was on the Dolphins last year

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Whats wrong with you? Taylor had 7 sacks for Dolphins last year. He returned a fumble for TD aswell against us last year. Where have you been?

12. Br4d

Ok I stand corrected. So the Dolphins resigned him in 2009 to play in their 3-4, found him wanting in that role and now we have to check him out also?

This is just a stupid move. The man called Jets fans classless jerks how many times and we're supposed to just root for him anyway, even when we think he's going to screw the pooch on purpose at some point next year? He's 35 freaking years old, he could give up a big play accidentally because he doesn't have it anymore and some of us would spend the rest of our lives convinced he did it on purpose.

Cut him. That's the way to cut our losses on this move.

13. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

It is a disgrace to the Jets organization to hear people say that they will boo Jason Taylor. Yes, we all know about the history, what he has done, and where he is coming from, but the fact remains he is JET! Like him or not he is part of the TEAM that you so proudly root for and since football is a team game, I for one will be rooting for everyone on that team.

This move makes our #1 Ranked Defense even BETTER. This is a move that could potentially get us even further in the playoffs and it is amazing to me that people can complain about this. We are going to be a nasty team next year and I will be cheering for each and every player that steps out onto that field, because I am a Jets fan and I want to win the superbowl.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

huge leap in logic to claim because he preferred to play for one team he doesn't want to be on another.

are you contending that at a crucial part of a game next year he is going to be so overcome with disappointment at not being on the Fins, as opposed to be into the actual game he probably has been playing for 30-55 minutes to that point, that it will prevent him from being able to make a play?

that's the silliest thing I've ever read. or if I am misunderstanding the meaning of your fear that he won't be capable of making a play because he wanted to stay on the Fins, please clarify.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You won the most knowledgeable poster award?

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

thank God the Jets organization doesn't make decisions based on the paranoia, fear or plain adolescent immaturity of its fans. boo hoo, he called a general group of people a bad name. it takes someone with severe emotional problems to actually take that seriously, not to mention live in fear and paranoia that a player signed simply to sabotage them.

clearly, Taylor would find more satisfaction in life knowing he prevented the Jets from winning rather than being on a winning team himself.

17. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

RealJoeNamath

I'm looking SO forward to seeing Jason Taylor in GREEN&WHITE!!!
    3 minutes ago via web

hey if joe is happy then im happy lol

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Hahaha. Joe's crazy.

19. Br4d

No, I'm contending that Jason Taylor hates the Jets and always has and that to put him on the field next season is suicidal for a team with championship hopes.

Brett Favre WANTED to go to Minnesota when he left Green Bay. The Packers went way out of their way to keep him from managing that. Taylor didn't want to go to the Jets. We were the only team that made an offer. So now we have a player of questionable loyalty at a key position on the team. We did this before the draft, not even knowing if the 29 pick was going to turn into an OLB/DE or not. It was a stupid move.