Santonio Holmes a Jet - For a 5th Round Pick!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Catfish Billy, Apr 11, 2010.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Lame yes but at the same time admirable that the dude is so honest.

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

sit well or not, its that type of attitude that Rhodes brought last year, and is the reason he has now been banished to the desert.

This is another reason I hate twitter... Even if thats how Holmes feels, what would possess him to tell the world "I'm late to practice, and I don't care" ?

On top of that, his ass shouldnt be late at all, he has to get to work and learn an entirely new system to him. He needs to have the system down by the time Sanchez is back on his feet and ready to go, that way they can try and develop some semblance of chemistry before the season starts and he is suspended for September.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It's a little alarming for sure. Let's hope this doesn't carry over to team meeting and practices.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

can we please remove twitter from OUR players????

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The way I look at it, if we got to the 5th round with that pick and Santonio Holmes was available there, we'd take him. So we took him, let's see what happens.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Holmes JUST proclaimed that he wouldn't be late for practice or meetings....because that shit wouldn't be tolerated here.

He better get his shit together.

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

This guy has Plaxico written all over him! Better hope he gets a good season in with the Jets before the next f*** up.

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'm already concerned about him. Complete contrast from the attitude Braylon has shown since he got here.

9. 624

624 Banned

These are voluntary workouts, and he wouldn't be advertising it like that for the world to see unless it was because of a legitimate reason and he was staying late.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Good Lord, it's not about how you start it's how you finish he says.

What a great impression he's putting out for his teammates, fans, and especially the younger fans.

I'm not one of those these should be our children role model guys, but whether they like it or not they are.

What kind of moron tweets about this shit? He's already suspended 4 games, I could picture Rex not being to happy about this. Fine him right of the gate-

EDIT-

He tweeted after that he is in Disney, so this wasn't a team workout I guess?? Sorry I'm a little late to the party.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

or you know, holmes might be an idiot... It's certainly not out of the question I just hope he gets his head on straight right away

12. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Let's not get too bent out of shape and release him today. It'll be fine.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Guys.. are we even sure it's a team workout he is late for? Maybe he is just late for a workout he had planned on his own privately? Who knows.

And yes, I am just trying to think positive about this guy.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Because of one tweet? I'm not extremely heartened by it, but I think I'll wait until after training camp before I start harping on his attitude.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Not just that one tweet. I think if you compare the press conferences from the two of them when they were acquired and you look at everything Santonio has said since he got here, he doesn't seem to talk about anything but himself. No talk about the other players, for example (2+1 rule?) or about the team.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

LOL, the dude's in Disney and people rip on him for being late for workouts.

17. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

I read this and got pissed. But then I read what he ACTUALLY tweeted a felt better.. not good, but better.

He said he was late to practice, but its still cool, its not about how you star its how you finish. (something like that) and I take that as, I'm late but I'm not going to go crazy about it, but ill make it up with a solid workout.

We need to remember that we got his ass for a 5th. He is definitely going to have some rough edges and you can't expect him to immediately clean up his act just because he is on our roster.

Give him a little while, he'll come around.

18. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

What is the 2+1 rule??

19. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Something like for everything you say or address about yourself, you mention two teammates? Something along those lines.

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No, he tweeted that Twitter was identifying his location as in Disney, not NY. (Implying that Twitter's location feature sucks, which it does.)

Yeah, seriously. So much for me saying I wasn't trying to start anything by posting it.