Yet Another LOL'z article from South Florida-Fins Now Equal to the Jets. LOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Apr 18, 2010.

1. xeticus

xeticus Member

As a Miami fan we like our team. We got some good young guys on the team and we're not afraid of anyone. We played the Colts and the Saints hard last year and almost beat them. Now we have Brandon Marshall. We're already a better team than the one that held Peyton Manning to 15 minute time of possession. Now we have a top notch receiver who plays hard and won't drop the ball like Teddy Ginn.

I said it last year and everything I've seen since then confirms it, the Patriots are fading and the Dolphins and Jets are rising to the top of the AFCE. This year it's going to be one of these two teams that wins the division I think.

You guys may hate the Dolphins but they are a better team than you credit and they just got a lot better.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

See, this is the type of Dolphin fan I don't like to see... objective and level-headed. How am I supposed to be able to categorize all of you as homers when I see something reasonable like this?

I agree that the Marshall and Dansby deals, plus the addition of Nolan, make the Phins tougher than they were last year, and as I have to hear from every Phin fan within earshot, that team beat the Jets twice in 2009.

Both teams got much better this year and the Pats are treading water and apparently hoping that this year's draft will shore their team up - something that has the possibility of happening considering the level of talent that declared.

I'm really hoping that we get another Phins-Jets MNF matchup in 2010, because I want national attention on the Revis-Marshall matchup for serious bragging rights. And I want revenge for the Orange-out.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah you quoted one of the first reasonable posts ive seen so far lol.

Miami's biggest pick up was Mike Nolan, DEN cant seem to let good people walk fast enough. the guy took their defense from 27th to top 10 in a offseason with a 4-3 roster.

Dansby is one of my favorite players, loved him since his Auburn days. I wouldnt be worried about the Nolan or Dansby pickups if only 1 of them landed in MIA. but Dansby will actually have a good coach to unleash him. I think the Jets solidifying their OL depth will be key moving forward with the future departures of both Faneca and Woody.

I actually hate the fact Henne looked as good as he did last year. if he continues to develop they got a franchise QB.

And to any phins fans reading this, we all know how good Marshall is. but the same crap about the risks in acquiring Holmes gets repeated while people forget hes on the same boat as Holmes, we just didnt give up to 2nd rd picks and give him the richest WR contract in history.

oh and Revis held him to 5 catches 55 yds with Cutler at QB. so its not as if theres not a precedent to them playing eachother.

Marshall is easily top 3 at WR. without a question. Revis is top 3 CB without at question. and the main reason Rex's crazy schemes of rushing 5+ constantly worked for most of the season.

I think our biggest pickup was Cromartie as much as i like the LT and Holmes moves. everyone regards his phenom year as a fluke when in reality it was the only time since he was in SD that they had a legit pass rush and played man coverage.

Rivera came and its alot more zone, forcing Cromartie to overthink instead of letting him use his athleticism and instincts to read and react in man coverage.

anyways as better as your WR corp got with Marshall coming our DB's got better with Cromartie.

not saying we will shut down Marshall consistently cause hes just too good to be blanked every outing. but its funny how I think alot of knee jerk reactions from Dolphins fans are fueled by emotion because they shit the bed the last 2 weeks and we went on to prove ourselves with a rookie HC and rookie QB in the 1st yr of a new system.

The phins are definitely legit, they just need to continue building up their defensive front and find people who can cover aside from smith and davis, their DB's got fuckin abused last year.

that being said i wanted either one of them to pair with revis before that draft went down.

I look forward to the Jets-Phins rivalry being revived with us being knocked out of the division in 08 and them sweeping us in 09. its not a pace I welcome but one that has renewed my hate for them after owning them for pretty much the decade before now.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Regardless of what any Dolphin fan says, I just find it sad that they come here to justify their team.

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Well it's been such a long time since the Dolphins were relevant. When was the last time they won a playoff game?

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

other than that conundrum i do agree that we may not be world's ahead of the fins. i just don't see some of their guys working out like they hope. when i see people getting really excited about a guy like bess i just can't really take it seriously. maybe i don't watch enough dolphins games to make a fair judgement but i thought they were covering a very mediocre team with a great running game for the last few years. that defense doesn't scare me and they are looking at starting a few rookies again this year which may be good for their future but not this coming year. but if all their guys work out like their fans seem to think they will they can definitely play with the jets i just really don't see it this coming year.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Dan Marino.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hey the Fins did beat the Jets 2 times last year. No doubt..... That said they were a collective 5-9 the rest of their schedule, while the Jets were 9-5.

If you want to play the "what if" game and discount the Colts game, please make sure to take out the 4 games Sanchez fucked up single handily............That is a pretty big disparity btw.

#88 Miamipuck, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  9. CatoTheElder

While we're doing that, let's think for a second about how last season would have gone if the Dolphins Merged with the Heat and Dwayne Wade played QB? My guess: World Series Win!

The Dolphins swept the Jets, the Jets made the playoffs. Which one would you rather have?

10. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

No fan of any team so claim victory in April esp before the draft. We got a long way to before real football happens.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That's probably it. I'm not saying they're going to the Super Bowl but it's hard to take anyone serious when they consider their team to be better than the one that defeated them twice. No matter what team you root for.

You want to compare a game where one team took out their starters basically giving the Jets a win with games where our starting QB turned the ball over a few times?! :rofl:

The facts are we were lucky to get into the playoffs so that's a moot point. We lost to the Dolphins twice and people are wondering why they feel they are even with us. It's baffling.

12. Murrell2878

And it's LOL'z to think they are equal with us right? If they got to have two gimmies at the end of the season then they would have made the playoffs instead of us

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Nope just playing the what if game. Like what if Mike Francessa didn't make Jets fans whine. :rofl:

I guess I can't make fun of a stupid homer article.

#93 Miamipuck, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  14. CatoTheElder

So making fun of a homer article touting one of our biggest rivals is off limits?

Did you really read through the OP and think to yourself, "The majority of the responses following this post will be civil and logicial."?

15. Murrell2878

It's not illogical to think they are on equal ground as us considering THEY HAVE BEAT US THREE TIMES IN A ROW!

16. CatoTheElder

See, guys? I told you Cimini posted here.

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

With a good draft the Fins can catch up to us but as of right now the Jets are in a tier of their own.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what does that mean, we're not afraid of anyone? are you talking about you, the fans aren't afraid of other teams, or the team isn't? if the latter, I'm going to say with confidence most teams aren't afraid of anyone, so that isn't something special, it just is a natural element of the game and t hus irrelevant to bring up as a positive. do you really think certain teams are afraid of other teams? that's silly.

and if playing the Colts and Saints hard was indicative of the Dolphin's ability, how come it didn't translate to victories against the rest of your schedule? perhaps you just matched up well with those teams but it didn't translate against the rest of the league that apparently wasn't afraid of the Dolphins and not only played them tough but beat them.

19. Murrell2878

Sorry to break the facts to you. I know it's tough for you to understand.

20. ajs627

ajs627 New Member

No they cant