Yet Another LOL'z article from South Florida-Fins Now Equal to the Jets. LOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Apr 18, 2010.

1. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

How does this put them on equal footing? If they want to say the Dolphins offense is equal to the Jets I could understand it. I still think that's a push. Ronnie Brown is coming off that Chien Ming Wang foot injury. The Dolphins oline is good but the Jets is the best in the business. I like the Jets RB situation better. Marshall is a beast but I'll take the Jets trio over Marshall and the Fins WR's(bess, hartline,...)

The defense is no competition. The Fins added Dansby, great pickup. Are they going to automatically assume their secondary will be good because the rookie CB's are in their 2nd season?

I give the Jets a 10-9 win on offense and a 10-7 win on defense.

2. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Folks,
    As a resident of the South Fl area and a huge Jets fan I have to say this was a great pick up by the Fins, you really cannot say different. If the Jets had been the one to get Marshall most of us would have been saying we were a lock to take the division. I wish to offer all the creidt in the world to the Fins for this move.

An as most of you have pointed out quite clearly, Revis will be the one covering the the biggest threats to the Jets most games. The good thing about having A.C. on the other side is, it further reduces the QB option to throw to the second outlet receiver. Thus causing the QB to have to take those extra couple of seconds to decide where to make the throw.

Now it is fact the fins took two out of two last year and did a very good job with the Cat the first game. The second game the defense did a much better job controling that Wildcat formation and the run and the pass out of it. Our rookie QB was still getting his feet under him and our young RB Greene had yet to establish himself. Not to mention the second time around LW was out and and our boy Sherry made T Ginn look like Marshall.

Well now, let's talk about the extra few seconds having DR and AC and Poole and Lenaord in the secondary and what they will mean for the Fins as well as other teams we will be facing. Now here is something many have failed to mention, Big Jenks will be back as well as an invisioned stronger pass rush,hell it could be JT taking out the fins QB, won't that stir up some crap down there. Many, many times last year the Jets D was just a step away from taking out the QB. That secondary should now allow for that extra step and maybe more. Then you factor in Big Jenks pushing those two linemen back and you know it will be two, someone will make a play, either a sack or a pick.

I am dying to see this revamped defense with Rex's brain controling the plays and the new and improved ways he will drive the QB crazy, and not just the Fins either. So while we have upgraded our secondary to one of the best in the NFL, it's what will happen upfront that I believe will really surprise the hell out of other teams

3. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I didn't read anything about fixing the Fins Defense, what a joke. Who was in the playoffs last year?

And why are we posting this crap anyway?

What's next, The Bills and the JETS are equal?

#43 rico college, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Fins need to fix their defense bad but for those who discredit them so much are crazy. They beat us twice last year and faded when RB went down. Henne is looking like a good QB just got a top 5 receiver in the nfl. Our new additions that everyone raves about are a bunch of question marks. Im optimistic and i think we will win the afc east but I wouldnt discredit the dolphins so much.

5. mystikol

mystikol New Member

In fairness, they also added Dansby.

Marshall > Holmes (in terms of pure talent). And Dansby > Cromartie. Add it all up, and include the fact that the Jets still have a 2nd round pick, have fewer holes to start with, and will probably add JT, then we still had the better offseason (draft notwithstanding). But the Dolphins did have a solid offseason, too.

6. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

I think he was more pointing out how critical you guys were of it. How you and/or your players said it wasnt real football... and that you had no respect for it.

And then you used it a decent amount in the playoffs, lol...

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

even still. Marshall + Dansby + the same Dolphins team isn't even close to Holmes+Cromartie+LT+the rest of the Jets team that made it to the AFC Championship game. no reasonable argument can made to the contrary.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They also added Mike Nolan and beat us twice last year. What is so unreasonable about thinking the Dolphins are on the same level as the Jets?

9. JetBlue

they beat us twice and were still a bad team. the changes make them better, but they aren't close to being legit AFC contenders. The Jets are. being able to beat the Jets head to head isn't the same as being on the same level as a team overall. there are two different dynamics all together. you can lose a team head to head and still be better than them overall. that's why the season's success is evaluated over the 16 games plus playoffs, not simply one or two head to head matchups.

the Bucs beat the Saints 1 of their two games last year, but nobody would claim the teams were even simply because they split their games.

10. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

thanx for posting his email address. Ill let you know if and how he responds to my antagonizing email

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Just as a disclaimer, I would not have been happy at all if the Jets got Marshall for what the Dolphins paid for him.

12. Phinstd

Phinstd New Member

The Jets are a solid team, and I actually kind of enjoy your coach's demeanor, but remember, the Phins beat the Jets both times last year, and I can't say either team has improved itself more than the other at this point.

What's wrong with what he said? The Jets were a reeling team that had a fortunate situation to get into the playoffs and then played well. They've added a really good WR, and an enigmatic corner. The RB swap of LT for Jones is at most a wash.

In an honest moment, why would saying the Phins and Jets are on equal footing be considered a slap in the face?

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

We need to take this forum to the clinic.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

because our defense has the starting lineup set and it's solid as of right now? can miami say that if they went into the season with their current roster they wouldn't have any overly concerning weaknesses? the jets can on both sides of the ball.

15. mystikol

mystikol New Member

The point I was disputing was: the author of the article said/implied that the Dolphins have now had as good an offseason as the Jets have had. A poster on hear said that that's a ridiculous notion, ignoring the signing of Dansby. I was disputing the poster's point.

16. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

I don't think it's even a question. It's a low risk-high reward situation for us. For the fins its a high risk high reward. I'll take the former and play the ground and pound game.

17. JetBlue

except you are ignoring the fact that team A can beat team B and still not be better than them overall. the Fins could beat the Jets twice again next year and go 2-14, would that make them better than the Jets even if the Jets make the playoffs again?

that's the point. you can't take head to head straight up as an indicator of which team is better. if that were the case, there would be 2 to 5 teams every year that could claim to be better than the Super Bowl Champions since most SB Champs don't go undefeated, yet most reasonable people declare the Super Bowl champs the best team of the season despite having lost at some point. the same dynamic then trickles down to all teams by how far the go in the playoffs in comparison, to whether they make the playoffs, or how many losses overall the have in comparison, but like a tie breaker, straight up matchups are only relevant if the teams finish with identical records.

if the Jets lose twice next year to the Fins and still win the Super Bowl, it wouldn't bother me a bit at the end of the year. but you have to judge both teams performances for the entire season to say who was better if you are interested in honest discourse, not just the head to head match ups. at this point, the only point of applauding the two victories over the Jets is the fact that the Fins have nothing else to celebrate for the season. the Jets, on the other hand, made it to the AFC Championship game, so the impact of those losses are all but irrelevant.

#57 JetBlue, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They finished 7-9, the Jets finished 9-7. That's not a huge discrepancy. They also played very close games against the Saints and Colts that they ended up losing. We played the Colts in the regular season last year too, and were behind until they pulled there starters. Until the Jets can convincingly dispose of the LFins I don't see them as being on another level. Let's see what happens.

19. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

True, but they did get Dansby to fill one of their LB spots, and now have the ability to grab Earl Thomas or Dan Williams in the draft to fill one of their other needs.

20. JetBlue

I disagree, 2 wins is significant. has a 7-9 team ever made the playoffs? plenty of 9-7 teams have. one is below average, one is above average.