Jason Taylor seeming likely [edited]

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Montana

Montana Member

I agree.....that's why it's been my belief since the offseason began, that improving the pass rush should be our #1 priority.

...and with the addition of Cromartie....a healthy Jenkins....as well as hopefully Taylor, and the additions of a OLB/DT and/or DE to our front 7, we're well on our way of improving it significantly.

2. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

I don't know which comment is funnier...

or...

Both so true, both so painful.

3. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

We definitely need to get more outside pressure. Felt like we had a greater push up the middle last season.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I just realized:

I'd rather have Greg Ellis. A true team player, a man with more playoff experience, and someone who has played well in the 3-4. And he's 34, not 36 like Taylor

This is still gay as Taylor himself. I don't want him in this team.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So why all the talk about drafting BPA..the Jets don't do that..they haven't done it since Tannenbaum has been involved in the draft. What makes you think he has suddenly had an epiphany? He moves up, he moves down and he does it for need. Why will it change this year?

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I would sign for this too... but what kind of contract is Greg Ellis seeking?

8. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Ellis is a good stop gap let taylor enjoy his vacation then pull the offer when he comes back or even better if he decides he is going to decide with the jets pull the offer. I would like to see go with a d-lineman in the draft. rather then bpa

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Ellis is a fair option as well, but overall, I think we are all hoping the Jets strike gold in the draft with a young OLB.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone mentioned this in this thread but online at NYPost.com there's a story that the Dolphins cancelled their meeting with Taylor.

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Link.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/report_dolphins_called_off_meeting_aksi1GEYST0YyQ9fozV5bL

Jason Taylor was scheduled to sit down with Dolphins coach Tony Sparano this week but team called off the meeting, according to the Miami Herald.

Jeff Darlington writes, "The team's decision to call off the meeting isn't likely going to sit well with Taylor, who already was frustrated by the lack of communication between he and the Dolphins. Still, despite those frustrations, Taylor had not yet committed to the Jets."

The Jets have been pursuing the pass rusher for the past two weeks. He visited with the team last week and his agent took a conference call from them on Wednesday.

Taylor is vacationing in Costa Rica and will not be back until Monday, putting off any decision until his return.

"Team sources said the Dolphins were unable to conduct a previously scheduled private meeting between Taylor and coach Tony Sparano as a result of the organization's own decision to hold off on the meeting," Darlington writes. "A reason for the cancellation was not provided."

The Dolphins have vowed not to re-sign Taylor until after next weekend's NFL Draft, if at all.

"Taylor's increased aggravation with the lack of communication is making him more comfortable with the prospect of leaving South Florida," Darlington writes. "Regardless, even with his agent's continued push to get him to leave Miami for the Jets, Taylor has not yet wanted to pull the trigger himself, sources said."

It has been speculated that Taylor is using the Jets to get a better offer from Miami, where he would prefer to stay. The Jets' offer is believed to be for two years at approximately $3.5 million.

12. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Screw him retire Taylor. This is what I said in the other thread why does his own team not want him back. Besides the fact he is a diva and only performs the first half of the season due to age and injuries and this is the part people need to understand he was in a limited role last year. I'll trust Parcells for this not when you get Ellis, draft, trade, ect to fill this
    Dude is trying to us the Jets just tell him no Rex end your man crush

#292 flajetfanson, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I don't think the Dolphins are uninterested in him. I think they want to see how their draft plays out first before they decide to keep him or not. That doesn't mean they think he's done. They might think they can get a good, younger linebacker in the draft. If there isn't one available, then they could always resign Taylor, unless the Jets get him first.

14. Montana

Montana Member

They moved up to grabe Shonn Greene last year because he was so far and away the BPA, not because they had a glaring need at RB.

15. Phinstd

Phinstd New Member

Man, it would suck to see Taylor sign with the Jets. It's almost unnatural. I'm sure most Jet fans don't even want the guy on the team.

Miami is where he should be, but for whatever reason, this regime does not like him at all. Never have since they got here really.

Oh well, Miami is definitely going to take at least two 3-4 OLB's, and may even take 3. I doubt Taylor returns to Miami even if he did turn the Jets offer down.

16. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Really?
    I'm sure the Jets knew TJ wasn't going to be around much longer and they never viewed LW as an every down back so i'd say the "glaring need" was there.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The Jets claimed last year that they had Greene as the #1 running back on thier board and were shocked that he was still there in the third. He was far and away thier BPA at the begining of round 3.

Running back was not a huge need last season at all. We were entering the year with two capable backs. It was not an immidate neeed, like a DE is at this point because we lost a starter from last year and only have Devito to step in with little to no depth behind him. Thats a need. Running back was not entering the '09 season.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

this is the ABSOLUTE best scenario for jason taylor:

he uses the interest the jets have shown to tweek miami.

miami eventually says "adios dancer"

jason calls tanny and says "where do i sign?"

now here's the best part: tanny says "at the unemployment line dancer!!!!!"

19. Montana

Montana Member

Mike Tannenbaum...

20. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Phin STD? :rofl: