17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I can't go. I'd like to, but I have too much going on all three days. I have a call into the sales office to find out if I can come at some other time.

My "sales rep," Manny Jacobo, is long since gone... probably off selling ShamWows at some Corn Dog Rodeo or 4-H County Fair somewhere for the summer. So I called his number and "Mark" now has his phone. I left him a message to call me but of course, without telling him why I'm calling, he has yet to return my call.

I just want to ascertain that there truly is a "Waitlist" for Upper relocations and if they intend to do this by seniority. I also want to find out if, by not attending this "Let Your Sales Rep Put His Meat In Your Seat" program, that it will not in any way hinder may chances of an upgrade should a better seat still be available when my seniority rolls around.

I am highly skeptical of all this upper deck reallocation however... I truly am. I can't see the zebra changing it's stripes now. The sales reps have many more PSLs to sell and time is running out. Why in the world would the greedy bastard Woody Johnson want to "waste" those resources by having his "reps" comb through a "Waitlist" and make calls and move people about in the Upper Deck? For nothing. Makes no sense. It's wheel-spinning. And the result is, they fill in the lower seats in the upper and all the rows 20-24 will sit there empty, meanwhile they are not selling the PSLs.

This is why I am saying I put NO stock whatsoever in this upper deck relocation. I think the "Waitlist" is pure bullshit. They will not be calling, and anyone who calls THEM later on this month is going to be told, "Well, nothing has come up. You really have the best seats that are available and you should probably just stay where you are. Sorry, but I can't help you."

Bastards.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Yep, Manny was my guy too and he was aptient and pretty kewl, then I got some other guy who was straight up a pain in the ass!!!
    I gave him what I wanted and he refused to even pay attention.
    Now I have Larry, who seems nice but it's obvious he only wants to sell PSL's....

NOT HAPPENING LARRY!!!

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Larry took me on my stadium tour. Nice kid. He let me scamper up into the mezzanine to take the "post seats" photos. I don't know if he's officially my rep now, he was just a tour giver.

I had another guy as my "rep" when I selected my seats. Let's see who that was.... Andrew Schuman. Anyone else speak to him? Wonder if he's still there. It's been like, 11 months so I doubt it.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i have nick nicastro. he is the man.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Meat In Your Seat

Just a reminder - everyone has until 2PM today to decide on whether they want to participate in the "Let Your Sales Rep Put His Meat In Your Seat" tour.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey 227 I think it is very highly probably the Jets will indeed call you and let you get better seats.

I also think it is highly probably since UD people already paid for UD seats the choice may be to add seats. Meaning you buy more and you deal with selling what you got. That is what they did to me last year.

Someone like you with decent seats you can dump your current seats pretty quickly if you only want face and then sit pretty in your new seats for years to come.

Having senority is now one of many factors in getting good seats, back when Giant stadium was first built back in the 70's the saying was cash, ass or grass nobody rides for free.

I think that motto is back. Scalpers send their reps fruit baskets, chocolates and various gifts with their Christmas cards back in December to help ensure they can pick up the few UD seats that will sell above face in the secondary. For the average Joe other than doing the right thing reps have few incentives to do the right thing.

However, pushiness is a virtue here and the rep may give in just to stop hearing from 17a, 227 and rowonejetfan everyday.

7. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Schedule Next Tuesday

The NFL says it will release the 2010 regular season schedule Tuesday night, April 20. It didn't say, but I assume it will be on NFL Network.

I'm still predicting that we open our new stadium against the Patriots, just because we almost always play them in the home opener.
    My choice would be the Dolphins in a 10 year anniversary reunion of the Midnight Miracle game, maybe with pre-game ceremonies including Vinny, Chrebet, Jumbo, etc.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Please delete me from your "pushiness" group. That's not me. I don't call the office but once a year let alone every day.

And you might want to rethink your strategy as far as doing so every day. Just as easily as they can make a notation on your account to call when better seats become available, they can also make a notation on your account about what a constant, pain-in-the-ass, time wasting, scumbag you are for relentlessly taking up all the rep's phone time and wind up with a notation that reads:

"DO NOT GIVE THIS TIME-WASTING JERK-OFF ANY BETTER SEATING. HE CALLS EVERY DAY AND ONLY WANTS TO SCALP TICKETS."

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm a wee bit confused-

The UD people are being shuffled around now? I think it was 227 who posted he can't imagine Woody allocating resources to do this.

I agree with that, do they encourage STH's to call and check in?

10. Section 227. Row 5

The rumor floating around is that there is now an Upper Deck "Waitlist," created because there are some vacancies in the Upper Deck which came about as a result of people buying PSLs and giving up their Upper Deck seats. I'm sure there are some seats available, but I am not sure if there is this "Waitlist." And if it does exist, how do they intend to go down the list?

I can't imagine they would be encouraging Upper Deck STHers to be calling and checking. This would waste even more of their reps time. In fact, it's highly counter-productive.

I have a call in to the FO to see what I can find out about all this and will report back today as to what I am told. If this guy Mark does not call me I will call the general number and ask to speak with a manager. They at least owe us all the courtesy of letting us know what their policy is going to be on the extra seats. If they don't, they leave themselves wide open to 10,000 calls per day, every day, from people like ROJF. And I intend to tell them that too. "Deal with us straight up or you're going to get bombarded with calls like this one. People want to know."

11. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I am not sure if anyone else saw but they lowered the ticket prices again in the club seats and the lower level seats behind the endzone and at the goal line. The LL ticket prices are reasonable but the PSLs at least I dont think are worth it. Unless the Jets lower the PSL prices this stadium will not be soldout for the opener.

12. MadBacker Prime

If they do end up doing this they need to do so in Seniority order. It's the least they can do after all this PSL crap.

I agree though that would be incredibly time consuming but it needs to be done. Without the fans who've been going 20-30+ years Woody would have nothing to play with.

Unless he tapped into his Johnson fund-

13. Section 227. Row 5

Incredible, isn't it? What becomes of the guy sitting in the row behind you who paid more for his seat? Does he get a refund or credit on his account toward next year's invoice, or do they just tell him, "That's too bad. It's marketing and it all depended on when you bought your seats." I mean, what a way to treat your fans. Unconscionable.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I call or shoot and email at best once a month. Usually, I am calling 800 number or jets chat and not giving my name to get info.

Plus I have made it clear to Jets I do not want to have my seats upgraded. I want to add seats. Therefore, I figure I am not being a pain in the butt looking for a relocation. I am just looking to buy more seats.

Scalp tickets, that is funny. If someone called up today and said I am a ticket scalper when UD Sideline seats open up I am giving you my credit card and I am requesting that your charge every seat to my card automatically and in return I will buy 100 PSLs today do you think Jets would go, oh no Mr. 227 wants a free upgrade?

15. 17a_tailgater

They can Lowe ticket prices to $90 a game this year for all I care.they will still keep the PSL price high and just raise. Tix price next year.they got you hooked once you agree to that. PSL.
    That's what Makes the Uppers. So much better we. Can just walk away.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The LL EZ seats are still 5k, TC 6K and LGL still 7.5K on the jets site which they lowered in early Feb and still have either a 120 or 125 ticket price.

Has there been a second reduction?

17. 17a_tailgater

Hey does Macy's refund the guy who bought his clothes at full price
    Its money , there are no loyalties

18. Section 227. Row 5

When you call the 800 number you only get two options: Press 1 if you are calling about your ticket invoice or Press 2 if you are calling about a 2010 PSL. Then they want you to leave a phone number. There is no automated option to inquire about anything else. Lovely.

19. MadBacker Prime

LL GL was lowered, EZ has always been $120.00

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Actually, very few people bought TC and LGL originally as it was 10K with a 140 ticket price and had a 20% down requirement. Given it was only 1-55 seats away from 5k seats many felt it was not worth extra price.

Someone on this site who picked early actually got a pair in section 109 row one seats for 20K and put down 4k and everyone jumped on him for wasting 20K. His reasoning was that is the old front row club which was like $400 a ticket and he is getting it for $140 a ticket.

Well they did retroactively lower prices. So instead of a 16K balance on his 20K purchase it became a 11K balance which is like a 1k a year PSL payment for 15 years plus the ticket became 120.

So that guy is paying $120 ticket plus a $50 PSL fee per game to sit in row one on the ten yard line. I think other than Champ he picked very good and had good luck. Those seats sell for around $600 a pair for big games, guy sells one big game each year and his PSL fee is covered.

I actually was shocked that Jets did right thing and retroactively lowered the psl and tickets in TC and LGL. Those people got benefit of cherry picking top seats in section and still got reduced price.

However, people who picked early in 15k or 20K got no break and does not look like Jets are lowering prices in those sections as only Mezz B and GHC are really being considered for a price cut.

It is suprising but a good amount of 15K seats are sold, no way to sell last 30% of PSLs they reduce prices on 100% of PSLs. Even more so since they are expensive PSLs.