Marshall To Dolphins For 2nd Rounder

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 17a_tailgater, Apr 14, 2010.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

[​IMG]
    The evidence is damning.

2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Do they make T-shirts?

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

is anyone saying it isn't? most of the contention seems to be the price they paid for him which is extremely high for a receiver and disputing that he puts them over the Jets

7. ........

........ Trolls

Not to mention the opportunity cost.

From The Sun-Sentinel via Rotoworld:

Doesn't exactly sound like a team that feels it was one player away from challenging. It sounds like a team that is blowing things up and rebuilding. In doing so, they're almost certain to dump their running game, which was the only thing really working for them last season.

8. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I remember hearing this at about 4:30/5 a.m. half awake listening to Sportscenter and it's pretty funny because I couldn't even really tell if this was just rumors and the Dolphins were one of the teams targeting him or if they actually traded for him. In and out of sleep I would open my eyes hoping to see it flash across the screen. I was too tired to stay awake and felt dissapointed that if what I was hearing was right and the Phins got Marshall it was a huge pick up for them. But then I realized that we have the almighty himself. Darrelle Revis. So I just went to bed and feel the same way.

Great pick up for the Phins of course but does anyone honestly think that Revis won't minimize Marshalls production against us? No doubt in my mind with all the greats he shut down last season.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Is this some sort of jumble riddle? Or are you sending secret messages to the Taliban?

nvm....I see it now LOL.

10. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I wonder how many days we are gonna have to deal with these faggots.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i kept reading what you said, and all I came up with is 'dolphins are gay' but there are alot more words then that:breakdance:

i might have to deal with these fags in person. may be moving to Florida Miami area for a few months. I'll wear my throwback jets cap proudly though.

12. Muck

Muck New Member

If that TD is the difference in the game, then what? :wink:

My point -- since I was the one making it -- was simply countering the prevailing notion in the thread that Revis will simply lock erase him from every game. May well happen. But odds are he'll give one or more up to Marshall at some point.

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I got you and Fin-atic mixed up, but I couldn't really care less.

I'll come back here tomorrow put a list labeled "Marshall's infractions" and "Holmes infractions" because I am going to get drunk for my friends birthday.

I will give you my conclusion right though: If you can't see the difference between what Marshall has done in his past, compared to what Holmes has done in his past, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not splitting hairs at all, you are just generalizing everything to the max to prove your point.

O yea, your team is fucking gay too.

And so is a fan base who goes in groves to opposing teams forums to brag about a pickup. I went over to Finhaven to see your (the fanbase) reaction after the Holmes, I may have seen 2 Jet fan post there. And you also don't see our fan base going "ZOMG OMG THE YEAR IS OVER ALREADY OMG OMG I'M A HUGE DUSCHE!"

#333 JackBower, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

not many players got one over on Revis, so Ginn doing so reveals a fluke occurrance and you can't really depend on that to assert Marshall will do the same.

15. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I didn't wanna see him in our division, but if he makes another mistake and receives his year-long suspension, the no seconds for Miami will be sweet for us.

16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Per espn.com, Marshall just inked a cool $47.5 million over 4 years. Miami just put all their eggs in one basket. Honestly, if Marshall fails then that franchise will fail. If Holmes doesnt work out for us then tough shit, we lost a 5th round pick no biggie.

17. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Santonio and Braylon are also 1 incident away from being suspended. All pot smokers know that Santonio is close to going down the Ricky Williams route if he is tested throughout the season. So why all the hate for BM? Revis is a great corner! I've seen him do things that made me stare in awe at his awareness.
    I say that to say this, Brandon Marshall is 6'4 230 and is arguably a top 3 Wr in this league after Larry Fitz and Andre Johnson, and trust me Revis will get beat. It won't be the same way Ginn beat him with speed, but BM has the ability to dominate. Not many receivers possess the tools that he has so please stop it with the homerism, its sickening. Both guys can play and are top 3 at their positions. Assumptions only prove you don't know ish about time travel!

18. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I remember reading time and again last year how Revis was going to be beat by Moss, Johnson, Ocho Cinco, etc. Didn't happen. Given how physical Revis is, the best shot anybody has to beat him is a pure speed guy, which Marshall isn't. Physical receivers are not a problem for Revis and Marshall won't be a problem.

The other funny thing about the Marshall trade is after the Holmes trade I kept reading on Fin forums how the Holmes trade will come back to haunt the jets and that by acquiring Holmes the jets poisoned their locker room and he'll be a tremendous problem and distraction, etc. Funny how these same people are ecstatic about the Marshall trade.

Compared to Marshall, Holmes is a pot smoking choir boy. I just looked at Marshall's arrest record and, frankly, there's no comparison. To add insult to injury the fish just gave Marshall a 4 year $48 million deal with $24 million in guaranteed money. If (or when) Marshall becomes a problem the fish will be totally screwed. If Holmes becomes a problem the jets gave up a 5th round pick, who would not have been likely to seriously contribute to the Jets, even if he made the roster.

It is possible that the Marshall trade will be a good trade for the fish, but there's a better chance that it becomes a complete disaster for them.

19. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Why dont you ask Andre Johnson how he did going up against Revis in 2009

20. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Yeah, but on NFL.com Vincent Jackson is listed as 6'5.

EDIT: I swear it is always gonna be the same argument, people will never learn how good Revis is until they actually get shut down in the game and we won't see them on the boards again. God this season can't get here fast enough.

#340 AJayJay, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010