Darren Sharper wants to be a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanatic389, Apr 13, 2010.

1. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

:lol::lol: ok dude..

2. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

how do you not understand through the 3-4times Darren Sharper has mentioned the Jets, and what he just said on TMZ? Better question who wouldn't want to play for Rex's Defense besides Kerry Rhodes?

3. JetsFanatic389

JetsFanatic389 New Member

since when is FS our #1 priority? you saying that "FS is really the only position we are lacking...cause that is a fact" pretty much validates that you have no idea what you're talking about.

4. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

ok im gunna say this again.. im really not trying to argue with anyone.. next .. I've never heard anything come from Sharper.. all i have seen is speculation from TGG.. that other post.. that included a quote from him.. that was different.. he comes out and says I'd fit in, in NY.. but again that's once...

I haven't been tracking Sharper.. wasn't concerned with adding another old veteran for a year to our team.. we have a problem at FS.. I'd much rather a longer term fix than a quick fix..

and fuck Kerry Rhodes.. he shouldn't even be mentioned on this board anymore..

5. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

On defense.. where else are we??.. OLB/DE.. most projections have us filling that need in the first round.. what else do we need??..

6. JetsFanatic389

JetsFanatic389 New Member

exactly so how is FS the only need?

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

3-4 Defensive End is out biggest need, IMO. After that comes 3-4 OLB and FS. Then we need to build some depth through the draft and shore up on STs.

8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

if you weren't trying to argue, and you havent been tracking sharper like most on the board, then how are you not trying to argue when all you have done is make pissy "you're wrong im right" type comments on an area you just admitted wasnt one that you knew shit about?

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

When healthy Brodney Pool has been a very good FS but obviously he has health concerns....

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Where the Hell did you learn to type? Following your posts is like following a map drawn by a Parkinson's sufferer.

11. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Sharper is not an NFL expert, and I doubt he frequently assesses the rosters of opposing teams on camera. His FS comment is 99.9% likely to be a remark about potentially coming to our team. It's not like he discussed any other aspect of our roster; just Free Safety, his position.

12. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

whats with the.... after everything? seriously, its like this might be the poster behind the mystery that is kelly...because...every half sentence is eerily similar to the massive amount of ~~~.....:rolleyes:

13. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i wouldnt mind having sharper for a year. maybe teach pool or any other safety we bring in

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Does anyone really think that we are going to sign yet another Safety to a one year deal for this season? We have have James ihedigbo, Eric Smith and Brodney Pool with one year contracts, who are good enough to get the job done for a season. If we do anything more at the position, it will be drafting a guy for the future who doesn't have to hit the field as an opening day starter.

I think the vision is obvious. Keep the guys we have for this year, draft someone and let at least one of Pool, Smith or Ihedigbo go after next year.

Anyone hoping for Sharper should have given up when we signed BP.

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I don't think Brodney will be banged up as much on this defense. He will have a lesser role, and won't have to put his body in that much risk.

I heard him on SNY say he's only had 1 concussion too, and it was his first NFL game.

http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?content_id=7400539

^^^^^^^^^ here's the video.

16. patrick316

patrick316 Member

more importantly did anybody notice that she had to tip the valet and was also driving! he seems like a classy guy

17. jamezmetsy

jamezmetsy Member

cant we just sign him to a 1 year deal, then a few days later reconstructure his contract for him to get more money?

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Totally agree here we need some young power on the Dline and the Fill out the Pass Rushing Young OLB after that though id say build depth on the Oline ( Future starters) and then FS but not a high round draft choice unless one falls to us we cant refuse on draft day.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

If he really wants to come here then he should understand we can't pay him big bucks. Take the discount, or fuck off.

I'm very content with the Brodney Poole/Eric Smith platoon.

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm guessing he figured that part out when April rolled around and he was still a free agent.