Marshall To Dolphins For 2nd Rounder

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 17a_tailgater, Apr 14, 2010.

1. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Exactly what I was thinking when I first heard it.

Revis takes away every team's #1, so its not like we are even going to see Marshall when he plays the Jets. :shit:

2. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Uh-huh....

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Uh oh, I just got some injury news on Marshall: OUT, CAREER(Revis)

4. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

rather get holmes for a 5th than marshall for 2 2nd!

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Ermm... what? What is Miami doing in that statement? And how were we the "Armpit of the division" while making the playoffs just about every other year over the past decade, while the Dolphins made their first playoff appearance since 2001 in '08?

And that's not even mentioning the 8 consecutive wins we reeled off against you guys.

And in the same post you call Jets fans homers? Are you for real?

6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I definitely agree with this.

I guess my thoughts on the reality of these situations were geared towards probabilities going forward.

Holmes has at least shown some degree of remorse or awareness of the situations he has put himself in.

Marshall doesn't seem to think he's done anything wrong, and has blamed everyone else but himself for the chaos around him. Bruises, black eyes, restraining orders, a knife wound, two 911 calls, and involving more than one woman. His response?

"I've never put my hands on her."

That just scares me and makes me think that he's a ticking time bomb. If there's no sense of culpability and he thinks that everything is fine, he's more likely to repeat some of this stuff than most, in my opinion.

7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Funny, 4 days ago Finhaven was writing the Dolphags off after the Holmes trade saying the season was over. Now they get Marshal, and they are toe to toe with us in the division. Apparently we only count WR in the AFCE...

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

/thread.

Marshall is a huge addition for Miami, and he'll help them out a ton. Miami is now a more legitimate contender in the division with their offensive line, running game, and now Marshall.

Revis vs Marshall will be fun. I expect Revis to win. Why? Revis always wins. You bring up Ted Ginn Jr, well, nobody ever said he didn't have deep speed to burn people. That's all he and his family are really good for.

9. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you. Holmes has to play for a new contract and marshal does not.

10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Are you seriously going to compare the issues Marshall has to the issues Holmes has?

And you are calling us Homers?

I don't think you are a homer, I think you are probably just an idiot.

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

The take from walterfootbal on the trade:

Dolphins acquire WR Brandon Marshall from Broncos for 2010 2nd-rounder and 2011 2nd-rounder

The Dolphins needed a No. 1 receiver for Chad Henne, so if you're a Miami fan you have to love this trade. Brandon Marshall is a big risk because he'll be suspended for a long time if he screws up again, but Bill Parcells knows how to handle diva wideouts; he's worked with Terrell Owens, Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn before.

The bottom line for Miami is that it obtained one of the top wideouts in the NFL for two second-round picks. That's a great deal.

As for the Broncos, this may seem like a loss because they were initially hoping to obtain a first-round selection for Marshall. But there was growing speculation that they would have to settle for a second-rounder on Draft Day. Getting two Round 2 picks is a good deal - especially in two deep drafts.

You can't argue this trade for either team; both sides got what they wanted. This may look different down the road if Marshall gets suspended, or if both of Denver's second-round choices turn out to be busts, but right now it's an even deal.

12. ........

........ Trolls

It's the combination that's gay. Sucking dick isn't inherently gay, but

Sucking Dick + Being Male = Gay

In similar fashion,

Orange + Teal = Gay

and, by extension,

Orange + Teal + Miami + Large Proportion of Homosexual Fans = Super Gay

The rampant homosexuality in the Dolphin (as in Cetacean) community doesn't help, either. When's the last time you saw two male planes banging away at each other?

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I can't wait until Marshall starts beating up all the queers in Miami, like Chad Henne.

14. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

You're getting user names mixed up, point out to where I've called someone a homer?

And if you don't think Holmes and Marshall's issues aren't comparable, its you who is the idiot.

If they aren't comparable, Explain to me why the Steelers were contemplating RELEASING Holmes?

Don't even try to split hairs, here. They're are both idiots off the field. That simple.

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Because their entire franchise is in significant turmoil and they've got got enough sanctimonious stupidity to do something so foolish.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

You can't compare the two ... not even close. Holmes has had a couple of minor incidents... and I'll never get on somebody's case for smoking a little weed now and then ... the laws against pot in this country are ridiculous.

Marshall s CONSTANTLY in trouble. His rap sheet is longer than my arm ...It's a history of violent, stupid and irresponsible behavior that never ends.

Haven't you ever come across a guy who just never gets it??? Well, he's one of those guys. He's a punk... and he'll always be a punk. It's programmed into his DNA.

I have no doubt that Holmes will be catching passes in this league long after Marshall has worn out his welcome.

17. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

because the Rooney's don't take any shit, they treat the team like a business

18. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Holmes may have some off the field issues, but he's a proven winner. He has a superbowl ring, and he's proved he can perform in clutch moments and under the spotlight.

Brandon Marshall has off the field issues, is a known locker room cancer, and has never even played a playoff game.

All that being said, Marshall is clearly the more talented receiver. So good pickup for the Phins (as long as he doesn't get in trouble), but I like our acquisition better.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

they made him the highest paid wr in nfl history???????

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...l-agree-to-four-year-deal-worth-475-million/1

20. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

See? That is a great port right there. Much respect to you sir.
    Saying things without being affected by blind homer-ism. Revis always wins? not always but he comes damn close 99% of the time.
    :up:

To the other posters insulting dolphin fans? /yawn