Santonio Holmes a Jet - For a 5th Round Pick!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Catfish Billy, Apr 11, 2010.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I thought about your points and I think they will probably switch up alot based on the weeks matchups. But I would tend to think Revis will play who ever is harder for him to cover because it will make him better. If he is facing Moss next week than a heavy dose of edwards and so forth. As for Cotch he is in the mix when percise route running is the strength of the opposition he will be facing. Your right he is the starter but these two can challange him for that spot.

The mix of players really gives both the D and the O the ability to mimick the skill sets that they will face week in week out. Wes Welker is about the only guy they cannot mimick at a level close to what they will face gameday. For the O Sanchez may have bigger throw windows come game day then he will see during the week. These receivers are really good so they will get open in practice but they will have to work for it and come game day the opposition will not have as good as coverage guys as they are used to not 3 deep anyway.

2. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

THIS! Everyone seems to be pushing him aside. Cotch is our most reliable WR. Maybe not the prettiest in terms of speed and pure skill but he gets the job done the most consistently. Always believed he was the leagues most underrated WR.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVq1suwswY[/YOUTUBE]

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was really talking mostly about training camp as far as the practice matchups go, since the show team usually prepares starters like Revis and Cro for the matchups they face each week.

As far as who supplants who for a starting spot, Edwards didn't show me anything last season to make me think that he can bump Cotch from his position on the depth chart. He may have freakish athletic ability, but he's still got the same concentration issues. I think the real battle will be between Homes and Edwards. Cotchery is money in the bank.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

well i can't find the video of it but while we are talking about crazy plays cotchery has made who can forget that play he made against the pats? makes the catch gets hit somehow doesn't have a knee hit the ground stands back up and runs for a toucdown. maybe he doesn't score on the play i don't really remember anymore, but i can't forget how he was basically an inch from the ground and somehow didn't end up being down.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Good to see the Cotch support! Like abyzmul said, he's money in the bank.

He doesn't have the 40 time, or the Prototypical "#1 wr" flash (which is ridiculously overrated btw) but the guy has HANDS and he's clutch which are the most important attributes to have imo, especially with a young, relatively inexperienced QB.

He is the constant.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Cotchery is Mr. Sure-Handed YAC.

'Nuff said....

7. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

Cotch is the man

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Through all the bullshit, I don't remember Cotchery complaining in the media. Shit even Mangold was griping about his contract..

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Cotch saved us big time in the Bengal WildCard game. Sick leg drag on a 3rd down conversion. Think he had 2 or 3 3rd down catches.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Link for the Mangold griping? Maybe he's just pissed because he shows up for every event that's Jets-related.

If Home Depot is offering a new Jet's-themed plunger for sale, you can bet that Mangold will be there for the launch.

11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I read the Mangold contract thing in a thread on TGG somewhere...He was saying he would like a new deal and was confident the FO will get it done.

I'll see if I can hit with a search.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pretty much what I remembered...

But it won't happen b/c they Jets won't pay him guaranteed money for a season which may not take place.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

he said absolutely nothing negative. he ended it there. "they will do the right thing"

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Gripe was probably a bad word selection...but even then I don't remember Cotchery ever saying anything.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

that play was ridiculous i'll never forget it...he got crushed, didn't let his knee touch the ground and just raced into the endzone...it's hard to find a highlight of it

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, I remember that play more than the one-handed catch. I love what he brings to the table after the catch.

17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Highlight here.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

And that is the most important part. Schottenheimer should be using him as a safety outlet on the outside in just about every play this season.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Following the Holmes trade, the New York Jets now have 5 selections remaining in this month's draft:

Round-Pick-(Overall)
    1-29-(29)
    2-29-(61)
    4-26-(124) from Cardinals
    6-29-(198)
    7-29-(236)

20. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

[​IMG]