Jason Taylor seeming likely [edited]

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Belly maybe a cheater but he's no dummy, he knows dam well that the minute he cuts Thomas he'll be a Jet. Of all things he's hoping Taylor signs here so the likelyhood of Thomas signing here lessens. That being said would there be anything that this organization has shown recently that even with Taylor signed they wouldn't bring in Thomas as well?

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

right on point as usual.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Rex wants Taylor. If he signs, I'll accept Rex's judgement. If not, I can happily go back to despising that phish.

One nice thing about him "using us" is that he'd drive up his price to a division rival. There's nothing bad about that.

I don't think he's coming here, but whatever. I'm sure there's a plan B in the Tanny/Rex playbook.

4. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

If Taylor wants to go perform in front of passionate fans, let him sign with Oakland. He'd be a perfect fit there.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i agree with alio on this one. even if it turns out that taylor was just using us it looks like they are now going to have to sign him before the draft, or at least give him the wink and nod treatment. so the worst case scenario is we had a lot of fun arguing for a few days and fucked up the dolphins plans. i can live with that.

6. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Taylor talking with us is actually good for a number of reasons, even if he was just using it to shop the deal to Miami. First, if we sign him we get a proven pass rusher, even if he is a total dickbag. Then we can concentrate on a top notch DL or OL. Second, if we don't sign him, we jack up the price for the fins. Plus, they probably have to give him another year, which they don't want to do. Makes it harder for them to sign other FAs when they have money tied up in Taylor. So, it's pretty much a win-win for us.

7. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

logic, reason and arguments aside: I could never root for Taylor.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Why is it good for the Jets if the olphins pay a bit more than they wanted for Taylor? The team is owned by a billionaire who is under no cap concerns. It really means nothing to the Jets.

9. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

From what I've read just about everywhere since the start of this uncapped year, the owners in the NFL are still operating as if there is a cap. Besides the Bears (who had to do it out of necessity considering their draft situation), I don't see many other teams spending a ton of money this offseason on a plethora of players.

With this said, it is definitely a positive if the Dolphins have to tie up more money (and possibly years) in Taylor than they originally planned on. I agree...maybe if they had to pay a million dollars more then it wouldn't be THAT huge of a deal. However, if they had to pay more money AND tack on an extra year, I think that would be a positive from our standpoint.

#69 Enigmah, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Even if we assume teams aren't operating as though there's a cap, there's still a limit any team is going to pay any one player. An owner may be a billionaire, but that doesn't mean he's going to spend everything.

11. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Good I never wanted him anyway.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Re: Jason Taylor seeming less likely

That's hilarious. So true, though. The only thing Dolphin fans are truly passionate about is sucking cock.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Taylor's agent delighted with Rex Ryan

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Screw that salami smuggler.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Reading that makes me wanna run through a fucking wall....

I'm still thinking he's coming here.... it comes down to how bad he wants to win. I still think Miami will be pretty decent but NY is shaping up to be a much better situation for him.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I hate the waiting game. First its 99%, then 99.9%, then over the weekend it drops to very unlikely, and now today its heating up again that he will.

god damn I just want to know what this faggot is gonna do.

17. steelzeppelin

steelzeppelin Member

f*ck Jason Taylor

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

At this point, I'll settle for whatever makes the speculation stop. Taylor and his agents' stalling tactics are getting really fucking annoying.

19. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Like i said before, if this guy wants a chance to win a SB there's only 1 choice.

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Mescaline?