17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm sure they cameras being used weren't HD, or high quality, once they have some real sports teams in their they'll look great.

2. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

the lounge like areas and stuff remind me of citi field. im sure by the time the season starts its gonna look a bit better. seats looked nice and comfortable too.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I know this is a PSL post, but the Jets are trying to sell PSL's and win a Super Bowl with these signings. I ain't gonna hate on the Jets as long it accomplishes both. Getting Holmes was awesome, who cares if it sells PSL's. We are the Yankees of the NFL... sorry Met fans, its a compliment to me.

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I don't know how anyone can say we're the Yankees of the NFL when there is a salary cap in football. This is not addressed to you 314, it's addressed to all of the loser fans on other team's forums who keep saying it..

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Since the team is actively trying to sell PSLs, people can spin anything they do as a scam to sell PSLs if they want to. The other option is to do nothing and have a crappy team.

I'm glad we're not Giants fans, they haven't improved their team, didn't even have a non-PSL option and their old red and blue stadium is being knocked down. Sucks to be them.

#6226 Italian Seafood, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Great photos/excellent job! May I ask how you had access to the suites - where they normal price tickets for this event?

Some comments if I may.

This is obviously a great place if you have club seats. Surprised how huge the mezzanine club area level is - and so high! It's probably very cool at first, but after you're used to it it's not football. (to me) The TV screens were great but some looked small sitting on the huge walls.

I can't believe there'll still be food carts everywhere. I thought they'd move on from that with all the extra space. Seems as though the Mrs. Field carts were just rolled on over from next door...

They have a lot of interior dressing up to do. As great as the suites looks - chandeliers included, the basic concourses are battleship grey with exposed girders and bolts. Go figure. After seeing both, and what I expect the upper deck to look like all I can say is, we are entering a feudal system for sure. The new Yankee Stadium introduced the concept, but this stadium seals the deal.

Let me also say this. With all of the stadiums built and opened around the US in the last 5 years, New York TOTALLY fucked-up and dropped the ball. Not one of these stadiums is just "cool" or basically an enjoyable place that is worth going to on its own merits without draining your wallet - as far as I can tell. The new Target Field opening in Minnesota today will blow Yankee Stadium and Citi Field away, as does many others. My pro photographer friend tells me how impressed he was with Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy when he went to cover the Super Bowl and he's surprised the two NY teams combined could not produce something that even barely approaches it. Indianapolis!

Back to Baseball, the stadiums in Baltimore, Pittsburgh are better. So is Philly to be honest. I went to The Ballpark in Arlington ten years ago and remember it to be cooler than Citi Field built a decade later. The new one in Miami will be better too - bank on it. We will be stuck with these for the rest of (many of us) our lives, and while they are nicer than what they've replaced, this area went 0-3 with billions spent as far as I'm concerned. I am VERY disappointed.

It's sad. This one was the last chance. It should have been a national spectacle for sporting events. It isn't, it won't be, and I don't think you can even argue that point. These stadiums are revenue producers first and only. Citi Field could have been the one but the Wilpons were in charge and somehow managed to use the same architect that made many of these new gems, but somehow didn't do such a good job this time. I'd love to know how HOK or whatever their name is now feels about Citi Field. I bet they shake their head and say 'well, that one didn't come out too well. The Wilpons would not do this or that, or cut costs by doing this or not doing that..."

I can't wait for a local reporter or a major magazine takes up this topic. Hell, maybe I'll write it ; )

#6227 LogeSection2RowJ, Apr 12, 2010
  8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

[​IMG]

im sorry what did that sign say???? what color where those seats???

i dont even remmeber anymore

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

People are upset b/c we generally make wise signings and trades and have built our core through the draft.

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I understand that point. I just think it is ridiculous.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm I think you forget the OL people we brought in

The players from Baltimore

The trades like BE

Jenkins from Car

I do not think all those players came in our draft.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wrote the CORE- C, LT, QB, RB, TE, WR(one of our starters), DE, ILB, CB,...

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

From JEts insider, still six in a row in third row mezz!!

Mezz A 249a row 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finalized my PSL's

me and my buddies picked up 6 seats 249a row 3 (sunny side). I was in the seats saturday and am very happy with the view from the mezz. The stadium is beautiful and throw Holmes into the equation it is going to be a good yr.

See you guys there!

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Did your BIL or SIL get in on the action?

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

HA HA, BIL gave up on PSLs. He is up by 227 in upper sideline so what is better than that.

Go back in time on this board and funny how people were praying Mezz A good seats would be available for 4k when there turn came to be called almost one year ago. Come April 2010 six in a row in row three sitting wide open.

Even funnier Jets old me today that GHC construction is not even started and when I asked why they said the "saved the best for last" Sounds like what a ho says when she hangs up her G-string to marry an ugly dentist.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Unfukin real ain't it?
    Waitlist? Internal Purposes?
    Sounds more like a Proctologist office !!!

I just found another mssg on my home phone reiterating the fact that there are NO UD Seats available...
    but that he does have mezzanine and blah fukin blah!!!
    I'm about to go with your way of thinking :mad:

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Excellent, excellent opinion and writeup, Loge. Good job. Everyone should read this post in detail.

19. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

LogeSection2RowJ,

I know you were interested in the escalator situation. There are 2 escalators at each of the three gates: Pepsi, Verizon, and Met Life. There are also 4 escalators at the East Gate and another 4 at the West Gate. This is a total of 14 escalators from ground level to 100-concourse. Everyone has to go up one of these escalators unless you're in one of the visitor's side sideline seats with the low exits, the mezz. clubs, suites, or the Coaches Club. Once you get to the 100-concourse, you go up to the mezz. level and then up to the upper deck. The east/west entrances only have escalators to the lower (100-level) concourse. From there, you have to make your way to one of the other gates to continue up. I saw a lot of wide staircases also. There were I think 2 ramps that I passed that said "All Levels".

Just so you have an idea of the height:
    Floor 1 - Field Level (even with the ground, not set down 1 floor like the old stadium).
    Floor 2 - Lower Level Concourse
    Floor 3 - Lower Suite Level
    Floor 4 - Mezzanine Concourse
    Floor 5 - Middle Suite Level
    Floor 6 - Upper Suite Level
    Floor 7 - Upper Deck Concourse

Old Stadium:
    Field Level is 1 story below ground
    Ground level was Stadium Club, offices, etc.
    Lower Concourse on 2nd floor (above ground level)
    Mezzanine on 3rd floor
    Upper Deck on 4th floor

My Jets tickets are in 233 so I bought tickets to 235 for the Lacrosse game and went over and sat in my 233 seats.

They were $30 each.

I agree. I was surpised they had them up in the concourse area. They also food carts in the great hall area, but that didn't surprise me.

I'm not surprised by the way the regular concourses looked. They are much wider than the old stadium at least. They also had some areas with beer stands that had no wall behind them - so you can stand in line and still watch the game.

The GHC wasn't started at all. I went in the west gate and just walked right down to the field - it's wide open. http://www.newmeadowlandsstadium.com says that the Great Hall Club will not be available in Fall 2010.

#6239 pantograph3, Apr 12, 2010
  20. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Meet Your Seats

I submitted their form to attend the MYS event next week. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.
    Has anyone heard from the Jets on this, other than the original email?