17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Meet Your Seats - UL Only

I'm still wondering why next weekend's "Meet your seats" event is for Upper Level only (non PSLs). Here are a couple of thoughts I had:
    • This is a sales event. There's nothing to sell to PSL owners, but much incentive to move us down. This event will be to sell PSLs while the follow up event(s) will be more of a MYS event?
    • We UL folks are the STH step children. This event may be low end, visit your seat and get out. Maybe the MYS event for the PSL owners will be a real event with entertainment, snacks, and a warm welcome, to thank them for being "real" fans.
    • Maybe they just want to break the size of the crowd into manageable portions. This weekend's LAX tourney is lower level only seating. Maybe next week is just phase two of debugging the stadium, parking, etc. and they didn't want a full scale crowd.
    • Maybe they have too much going on, construction wise, to have people all over the stadium. Possibly they'll take equipment and materials from the UL and move it to Mezz and LL, then do the opposite when they host the LL MYS event?
    Not to make a big deal of it, just wondering why they'd do it this way.

2. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Only after Full Payment???

314, I didn't even realize this. I paid my bill and got the email invitation. Is it true that for those UL people who haven't paid their bill yet, they didn't get the Meet Your Seat invitation?

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I have NOT sent in my balance due but I DID receive the email invitation. So I don't know what TF gives with this. It better not be true. I am plannng on mailing my $2204 check on Monday because it's not due until Thursday and like eveyone else, I'm scratching for cash this time of year.

I mean, WTF. They already have my $2,000 deposit on the 4 seats. Like I'm going somewhere. What are they afraid of? Do they think there will be that many disappointed people that they'll have some kind of mass revolt on their hands?

Fucking insecure cock suckers.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The Jets forced you to pay for your seats before any chance of seat reallocation. Now they are trotting UD EZ people row 20 and beyond and sideline corner people row 20 and beyond upstairs. Hope is once people see so so seats they will take no money down offer and buy a PSL.

Then back-fill UD off waiting list or sell single season tickets up there.

BTW Jets just announced GHC won't be open this fall but no other details provided. Sounds to me a new PSL deal is going to happen buy time of UD upper house.

Who knows your might end up in first ten rows on 50 yard line for no PSL on visitors side tnext year as your reward for not buying a PSL.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Your speculation is music to my ears but just how, pray tell, is that going to happen? Sometimes I have trouble following you.

I'll consider myself lucky to move down a few rows and maybe over a section. I certainly hope they will do this "reallocation" BY SENIORITY because, after all, those were the initial rules whether I likd it or not. So now it would seem highly unethical and dowright unacceptable to have them "Reallocate" based on any other criteria.

But hey, so far, the way the Jets have handled this, it's been a clusterfuck right aong and one that at least appeared to be less than ethical at times, so I will be demanding of them to do this the right way but street-smart enough to know my opinion amounts to squat in the ticket office.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I was already given an upper deck relocation . But my seats where still better.my sales rep told me to call him Friday or even Tuesday.he told me they would give a few extra days for checks to clear then relocation begins.
    In my opinion row 16 or higher will not be able to relocate.I wouldn't do it if I was a cocksucking money hungry owner.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I am getting feeling UD relocation will not happenfor all. It may happen for anyone who already has it noted in account. But for someone sitting in a bad seat happy as a clam who never complained maybe they just leave you there. mushrooms do good in the dark.

This GHC thing will be very interesting!! What to do with $600 seats that no one bought. Even 40% off wont help

8. 17a_tailgater

I'm gonna. Try and get GHC for no psl.what. The hell can't hurt to try.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Saturday Opening

If you want to read the whole article, click below. A couple of highlites for me

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2010/04/11/2010-04-11_stadium_flagged_in_false_start.html

What is Woody taking about: Johnson and friends could be seen waiting for an elevator that never came. When an official at the stadium realized there was a problem, he huddled with another official to see if Johnson could be transported in a golf cart to his suite. Moments later, Johnson marched down a corridor into a service elevator. "This building is still a couple of years away from really being completed," Johnson told the Daily News of the facility that will see its first NFL game this fall. "This place is still evolving. But I love the way it looks. This is 10 years' worth of work. But we're still getting ready."

Take that Giant fans: Joe Sbarra, of Manhasset, L.I., sat glumly with his daughter Nicole looking out into the field from a table in the Coach's Club. A Giants season-ticket holder for the past 25 years, Sbarra purchased tickets to the lacrosse tripleheader for the sole purpose of checking out the Giants' new digs. He was none too happy about the new stadium, also home to the Jets."It has less of a Giants feel to it," he said. "It's way too neutral for me. Before it was Giants Stadium, it was about the Giants. This is now called the Meadowlands. It's not the same. It's hard to adjust. I don't think they were thinking of the person who was a Giants fan the last 20 years when they made this place."

**************************************************************************************************************************
    A couple of years from being completed!!!! What the hell is he talking about. There is a concert scheduled in 6 weeks. Yeah Giant fan, its not your home anymore, no more red and blue seats, no more Giants Stadium signs, no more the house that Mr. Mara built. Get over it. At least we can see the place if we want, we don't have to buy Lacrosse tickets. The Jets are desperate to sell PSL's but the Giants are arrogant, my friend bought 4 10k seats and 4 1k seats and did not know where they were till the last payment and still has not been to the place. Man, the NY fan is being shit on

#6209 sec314, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Lol at the bitching Giant fan.

Too bad bro, the Jets are now officially invested in the foundation of the stadium.

Pretentious pricks these Gisnts fans, aren't they?

Pepsi Corner Rocks without a PSL.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

So who is planning to go? I may be travelling back to Cali on biz but if not, I'm in NJ both days.

I m not concerned with going but if some of you guys are planning to go and I'm in NJ anyway, I might head up.

12. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

14. 17a_tailgater

PEPSI CORNER ROCKS

[​IMG]

15. 17a_tailgater

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Anyone else feel as though they were looking at Roosevelt Field Mall in most of the photos?

17. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

I hope they use the whole screen for football - if not, that would defeat the purpose of having such big screens. I was dissapointed that the whole thing was not used up.

18. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Not if you're interested in advertising dollars.

I'm sure they'll fill the whole screen on game days with the action.

19. 17a_tailgater

except most of us will never see this in person

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

So I guess Jets sign some aging and/or troubled "stars" like Santonio Holmes to draw in PSL sales and then do big hoopla on draft day and then parade UD people though seats in attempt to get as many PSLs sold at full price before Memorial Day when everyone disappears and baseball takes over.

Would love to know what happened to GHC. At Lacross tourney whole section was open and you could see through to field. When people asked why there was nothing in there and it was wide open they were told it will not be open for the 2010 season.

Without GHC you can warrant $600 a ticket just to sit on 50 yard line. Those seats are only like $160 a ticket for Giants which does not have a GHC. They are just plain old great seats. That should be fun.