Santonio Holmes a Jet - For a 5th Round Pick!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Catfish Billy, Apr 11, 2010.

1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Its a little after 5am. I woke up twice last night, tossing and turning with vague, almost nightmares about the Jets. So I'm getting ready for work and decide to pop in here and check things out, just call it superstition. We did what???!!! First of all, how did my subconscious know something was up, holy shit that's f'in weird! Second, I don't know how to feel about this. He's a great WR who's also not a great person in real life. And here I was worried we were going to end up with TO.

Alls I know is, if this team doesn't go all the way this year, its going to be the biggest waste of talent in history. All this, loaded up for a one-year run, its amazing.

2. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

That's just from a unnamed source not from a team announcement. Random sources can have inaccurate information.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Apologies if already posted (from ESPN) - there are 25+ pages here to check.

A collection of tweets in response to Sunday night's big trade that sent receiver Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets for a fifth-round pick ...

Pittsburgh's trade of former Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes to the Jets has the league talking.

Donte Whitner, Buffalo Bills safety: "Santonio Holmes traded to the JETS. Wow."

Darius Butler, New England Patriots cornerback: "Wowwww a 5th round pick! I know this supposef to be a deep draft but damn Pitt."

"Im not concerned abt him bein n the division. Every team we play has gd players its the NFL. Im just shocked at what he went for."

Marcellus Wiley, ESPN analyst: "The Jets are starting to look like an All-Madden Team....especially if they get Jason Taylor and T.O.!!!"

Darrelle Revis, Jets cornerback: "Wow we got holmes this is crazy. We makin big moves this off-season. Putting the pieces together to get closer to that superbowl ring."

Chad Ochocinco, Cincinnati Bengals receiver: "Mr. Goodell the NY Jets are unfairly loading their team up with great players like the Yankees do, we need to stop this now!"

Bob Glauber, Newsday columnist: "If Santonio Holmes puts it together with the Jets, the trade will go down as one of the biggest steals ever. 5th rounder? Sheesh."

David Clowney, Jets receiver: "Lord what am I doing wrong"
    "I know this is a test,.. But God never puts you thru anything you can't handle. I trust you Lord"

4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I dont know what the hell to say, I like the Chad Ochocinco line the best....

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I like the way Darius Butler backtracks after his first twitter - its almost like he felt he had to say something about how un-concerned he was just in case anyone though he was, you know, concerned.

I bet BB gave him some grief for those posts this morning.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Well, I am off to work. Wondering how the Jets fleeced the Steelers. The only thing I can see is this battery charge becoming a suspension.

7. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Wow I actually thought that the Clowney tweet was a sham. Poor fella.

9. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Someone call the cops cause we just robbed the Steelers!!!:steelers:

10. nuckles2k2

nuckles2k2 New Member

I actually got this info in a text from the girlfriend. She has no idea who Holmes is but she's all like "so uhhh...I hear the Jets got some guy named Santonio?"

I damn near break my neck getting to a computer and :breakdance: ensues.

11. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

This is unreal (I hope it's true). Tanny must have gotten the "Do whatever you need to do to win it all" line this year - and the blank check that goes with it.

12. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Yeah I just don't like basing everything on one year. But there are so many players to re-sign. They may be waiting for the new CBA to do that though.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

thats funny i texted my girlfriend koz this morning when i heard the news too.

14. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

Anyone know what kind of contract he has? It must be up after this year or he must be overpaid. I know he will miss the first 4 games, at least.. What a weird move by the Steelers< they can"t discipline Ben, so they trade Santonio.

15. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

For a 5th Round pick in 2010?

The media is reporting that the trade is for a 5th round pick in 2010. I didn't think the jets had a 5th round pick in 2010. Didn't they trade their 3rd and 5th round picks in 2010 for Braylon Edwards?

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The Paper Pusher strikes again. Holy Monday, Batman.

17. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

still shocked and in disbelief! suspension or not this is fuckin great!

18. newcomer

newcomer New Member

I thought the same thing, it cant be for a 5th in 2010 - didn't it go to PHL in Sheppard trade

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Getting a reciever in a contract year is a good move. We have three top receivers for Sanchez now.

20. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

What an incredible offseason Tanny is having. He is an amazing GM. I'm not even sure that you could pull the Holmes off in Madden.