Taylor to Jets "close to done"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Along with the Taylor news i also read that the Jets are really looking to sign Brunell and that Brunell wants to join the Jets.
    The story goes on to talk about a "unpublicized provision" in the final 8 rule which would allow any final 8 team to sign UFA's after July22 at any salary.
    The article says Brunell isn't opposed to waiting to sign with the Jets until July 22.

Sorry no link but I think it sounds great to be adding Brunell's experience to the sidelines on gameday.

2. Tight

Tight Active Member

Can this guy rush the passer efficiently at this age ? He's 36 ... I'd imagine hes lost a step or two.. or three... Will he really be any help?

3. ........

........ Trolls

We can sign any UFA after July 22nd who hasn't been tendered by June 1st at 110% of his previous year's salary. Brunell would be an ideal candidate for that. I doubt the Saints tender him.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Better than this.

5. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

He notched 7 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 5 passes defended, and 1 int. He was far more productive than Adalius Thomas in comparison. At the right price I would sign him.

I just threw up in my mouth.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Didn't also score the TD on the Greene fumble? I've been throwing up in my mouth for 3 days knowing that I'm totally on board with this.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What's the latest? I'm at work.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

He is going to make a decision tomorrow I'm hearing. I'd be shocked if he agreed tonight.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Some Jets fans ready to embrace Taylor
    April, 9, 2010
    8:10
    PM ET

By Jane McManus

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF he signs I will live with it--if he plays poorly HE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH US!!! If he plays well I think that will be great for the Jets--Taylor and us---all this said I still don't believe this will happen. If any other team steps in or if the Dolphins blink he will be outta here in a NY minute!

I remember when we signed Brian Cox--many of us including me hated him---now I luv the guy------------then again Cox was not nearly as outspoken as Taylor! Hard to stomache but I would take Taylor cheap--he could help us and it makes FISH fans puke in the process a win win!!!!!

As I said I still don't think it is gonna happen--I mean it should be a done deal by now

11. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Or that much more help than another, younger DE that doesn't hate Jets fans and that Jets fans don't hate? Seriously though, say we do get him and we do end up winning the Super Bowl. What if, and I know it's a giant "what if", he gets named MVP of the game? Wouldn't that taint the win just a little bit? I know it would for me.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, it wouldn't taint the win, because when Jason Taylor signs that contract, he's a New York Jet.

I don't care if he hurt your feelings. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you probably don't work on Wall Street, so what he said shouldn't be that insulting.

13. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

The only thing I hate about this JT signing is everyone now is saying since we are signing a pass rushing OLB we no longer have a need for it to draft, this is absolutely stupid to claim, he is 36 and after this year or the next will not be with the team. I still say if there's a guy like Kindle, Graham, or Ricky Sapp ( if we trade down or he falls to our 2nd), we have to draft them. I hate recent mocks on other sites saying we no longer have a need at OLB. We still MUST add youth to this D to become even better for the future.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I agree that if he is a Jet, he's a Jet and we should root for him to do well to help the team. If the Jets won the Super Bowl and he was the MVP that wouldnt taint a damn thing.. I know I'd be in such a euphoric state of mind if the Jets ever won the big one that I wouldnt give a crap who was the MVP.

That being said, I think you misinterpreted his comments about Wall Street. Him saying Jets fans don't work on Wall St. was a way of saying the Jets fans aren't classy people and aren't smart. He was implying we have remedial jobs because we are ignorant and unintelligent. So I don't know why that poster not working on Wall St. would mean he shouldnt have been insulted.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Oh, I know what he meant by that.

The clowns like Fireman Ed and the idiots that boo every single draft pick lack both of those qualities. They aren't smart or classy.

For some god awful reason, Fireman Ed is the face of our fans - he makes us look bad most of the time.

Compared to him, everyone on this board has a remidial job. I just don't see why everyone gets so upset with him talking trash. Like a previous poster said, if you're going to dish it out, you should be able to handle what comes back at you.

16. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

Reminds me of the hatred fans had for Bryan Cox. He came to the Jets and was an asset to the team. If the players didn't want Taylor here that would be another matter but I think Jets fans have thicker skin than is being portrayed.

17. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

That guy sucks.

There are bigger deuschbags on the team and around the league than Jason Taylor. He will make plays for us.

18. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=deusch

19. flgreen

flgreen New Member

Zack Thomas

He was on the Joe Rose show in Miami. He said at the time it looked like a done deal. Taylor was coming home for the week end, and giving the Fish the week end to make him an offer. If nothing by Tuesday. He will be in Green.

Ireland, GM for the Fish, in his Thursday predraft news conference, said no offer would be made to Taylor until after the draft..

Have to assume Thomas is a reliable source, Taylor is married to his sister.

Like it or not, Here he comes

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

OK, confession time. I felt the acid and chunks gurgling and churning so why make it worse on myself. It's come up before (Jason Taylor AND the chunks), but this was as close to reality as it was going to get.

Secondly, I always admit when I'm wrong. I never in a million years thought this fukking faggot would ever be a Jet. Ever. I almost gouged my eyes out when I heard the news in the car. I also admit I was AVOIDING hearing about it all along.

This is almost worse than Pennington in a Dolphins jersey. Aye, God, I'm physically ill. The only bright side is that Jets fans can brutalize him whenever he does anything - good or bad. You know it's coming. In fact, I can't wait until someone sh*ts in his locker. Bad day for a dyed in the wool. Fukk that Miami puke. At least Bryan Cox wasn't a prancing Gaylord.

#160 jetophile, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010