Taylor to Jets "close to done"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Apr 9, 2010.

1. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

this guy has been a total dick but in Tanny I trust

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I honestly wonder what reaction he'll have from some of the more tenured Jets, The ones who remember his comments from the past. Hopefully they don't stick and the locker room just uses it as a joke. Which would make for better chemistry.

#122 JohnnyThaJet, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'd be much happier with him being "their" jackass.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The minute he doesn't do his job to perfection, the entire fanbase is going to call for his head.

I'm more than comfortable with that. If you're not willing to wait until after the draft for a team to take you, and you want to sign with your most hated rival, then expect to be treated like garbage.

5. Woodhead77

Woodhead77 New Member

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Wow, what kind of cunt gets that pissy over a fan's sign? It didn't even say anything about him.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Get over yourself.
    No one mentioned post count, you did.
    And you said yourself with the first line of this thread that maybe it should have gone in the other thread.
    If that was the first thought that came to mind then maybe it should have.

I personally don't care where you put the thread but you incessant whining makes you look like a little bitch.
    Tommy Green made one small joke saying, "We got rules here, boy." and that was all it took to send you over the edge.

Grow the fuck up and get over it.

9. Magaca

Magaca New Member

lol, this guy really dislikes the fans of other teams!

10. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't think he'll get much shit, afterall Greene essentially mocked LT after he scored that TD and he made Cro his bitch. Now all 3 are in Green and White. That's part of the game but this is business and all the players know it.

12. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

Dude fuck Jason Taylor. This is worse than when the yankees signed Clemens after throwing at both Soriano and Jeter the year before.

This guy only wants to be here because of Hard Knocks and the high profile Rex Ryan now has. Bryan Thomas is more than adequate and not even close to being on his level of primadonna-ness. He WAS a great player, but let him hang it up and go be a douchebag with Tiki Barber on TV rather than be on my favorite team in all of sports.

This is bullshit

13. teedee83

teedee83 New Member

I hate this move if it happens. It's like making a deal with devil. Jet fans have suffered long enough and finally MAY possibly coming into a few good years. Building through the draft and adding some free agents, but adding someone so hated and from a rival that has said things about the fans, the area and the team is just not right. The draft is coming find someone there. I know people think this guy is superman, he's 35 and doesn't really want to be here, he hates this team. Sure for a pay check he will come and when the team does well it will be said it was because of him. The last thing any true Jet fan wants is help from a Dolphin (the most hated one at that) to win. I want the team to win, but there are just some things you shouldn't do, like sell your soul to the devil.

14. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I'm sure Taylor's 7 sacks have nothing to do with this equation.

Or BT's 2.

15. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

i, like every other jet fan, do not like Jason Taylor. Having said that, if he can collect 10 sacks, many hurries and helps this team "get over the hump", i'm all for it.

unfortunately, i don't see 2010 JT as he was 5-6yrs ago. He's not the force he used to be.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I don't see why a big deal is made about a new thread opening on an existing matter. The same people who complain about new threads fill the threads with pages and pages of back and forth personal attacks and irrelevant bs. I, for one, do not have the time or the desire to read hundreds of posts about who is a bigger jerk or a more knowledgeable poster or a better human being just to find the 2 or 3 posts that actually talk about football. This thread has 135 posts and about 5 of them relate to an imminent Taylor signing. If you REALLY care about the number of threads and the integrity of the board, take your pissy little cat fights off the thread and PM each other. I find it far more annoying to read the back and forth arguments over non-football personal stuff than having multiple threads on one topic. Just my opinion.

17. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

I could care less about some meaningless sack stats he probably picked up in garbage time. Anyone that has seen this douche play the past few years knows he is a shell of his old self. Yes, as much as it pains me to say, he WAS great and is a soon to be hall of famer. But now, he is preparing for a transition into retirement. NYC = media saturation - How bout that equation? He sure was a beast for the WASHINGTON REDSKINS, right? As for BT, Tanny should draft a pass rusher if they need a pass rusher so bad, which I don't think is that big of a concern considering our D was pretty OK putting pressure on the QB.

We already have enough veteran presence on D (Jenkins, Ellis, Scott) and don't need this guy.

I thought there was no possible way Adalius Thomas gets his bonus and gets cut. Is this still a possibility? This is the MUCH better option imo.

#137 RLUCAS4137, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  18. JerseyJet27

JerseyJet27 Member

What bothers me is this guy doesn't even want to show for OTA's. We don't need a 36 year old situational pass rusher. For the people complaining about holding a grudge w/ him, take some pride in your team. This guy has bashed us for years. Claimed he would retire before he would play for Jets. Also ripped the fanbase about not being wall street types and degrading our fans as lower class people. If he's in his prime maybe you consider this move. For someone who is at the twilight of his career, do us a favor and retire. We don't want you. Hope he's booed opening night, I know I will be.

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

your right he is a shell of his former self but the good news is that's exactly what the jets are expecting out of him. he isn't being brought in on some blockbuster contract to be the man on this defense. he would be brought in at a very reasonable price to have one role, which would be getting to the qb.

he isn't going to be asked to play in space or stuff the run. he will be a situational player who is still damn good at the one job he would be given. some guys have a nose for getting to the qb or the endzone or making that tough catch. taylor is one of those guys who just knows how to get the job done.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He has a skill set that the D lacks right now. Good
    He comes at a reasonable price. Good
    It allows the Jets to go BPA in the draft. Good

Pisses off some whiners that can't get over trash talking which is part of sport. Get over it.