17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

get the fuck out of my thread you yellow belly mother fucker.

#6141 17a_tailgater, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2010
  2. HCUBED

HCUBED Member

Do you guys realize this "Draft Day Party" is nothing more than a ploy to get nonseason ticket holders into the stadium to sell more PSLs

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Obviously they want to sell more PSLs but they have been holding draft day parties for years.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That article is hysterical, very good job by Ed.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with the jets trying to sell PSL's, what else should they do. Give up and hope people magically start buying them?

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well...... yes.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Quit fucking around and tell him what you really think of him. God Almighty, you always beat around the fucking bush.

PEPSI CORNER ROCKS!

8. 17a_tailgater

Not in my house you dont

9. 17a_tailgater

realy? i just checked my invoice. i owe them $1354

or

4 installments of $338.50

but your ACH payments will continue annualy for season tickets each subsequent season.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Weekly update, best pair of LGL seats left. section 143, row 19, seats 13-14

So rows 1-18 sold out in all four LGLs not bad.

So we have invoices due April 15, sales pitch on April 22, chance of one more big signing and that brings us to May.

How long will they go before next big deal. No need to do it in April as a few tricks left, but May to September 12 is all they got left to sell the tickets and come baseball and summer vacations no one is interested in tickets in May, June, July and August unless there is another deal!

11. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Next Step after PSLs

For a minute, let's assume they don't sell out all the PSLs in the next couple of months (yes, I know its not a huge leap).
    What do they do next?

I would think any remaining unsold PSL seats would become a 2010 season ticket. It will be sold as a season ticket for one year - no PSL, no other rights. That way, they can continue to market the PSL for 2011 (if there is football).

Then, any seats not sold as 2010 season tickets will have to be sold individually. That's where they could be in trouble, trying to avoid the embarrassment of approaching a non-sold out game. If it comes to that, I suspect they'll do what the Yankees did with seats that didn't sell (recall those empty seats in the TV camera view?) - they'll reduce the price and use online auction sites, maybe using a third party to handle the sale.
    Make sense?

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm not sure that would fly with those who paid $$$$$$$ for adjacent seats. However, the FO has been screwing around since day one.

I do think they will need to fill the stadium though or Woody will surely have egg on his face.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The only way I can see this happening is if those tickets were sold at a higher price.

PA is right, the fans who did pay the PSL would expect something in return.

14. 17a_tailgater

those already are getting something in return, they will be able to get those same seats next year!!!!!! as long as they pay their PSL on time of course.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm just sending them what I can when I can. What are they going to do?

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Yeah, I thought it was weird.

17. 17a_tailgater

tax for living Mass.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

United Way - Tix for Kids Program

Here is an interesting question and I am wondering what the answer is.

Last year if I could not make a game I could donate tickets via my Jets account to United Way and write off face value on my taxes. This year they plan to do same.

However, what about PSLs? Jets have told PSL holders they can amotize the cost of psl for tax purposes over a 15 year period if they are bought in a business name.

So for example I buy a 15k PSL I can write off on my taxes 1k a year of PSL cost for 15 years. That is $1,000 a season or $100 a game. 15k PSLs are $140 a ticket. So when I donate the ticket do I write off $140 face value or $140 plus $100 PSL cost for a total of $240?

I am guessing $240? There must be some value of giving up a % of your PSL

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I made full payment this Monday on my season tickets. I sent an e-mail asking about the parking lot situation and whether they're gonna have pre-paid parking tickets, parking options, and about tailgate designated areas.

I haven't gotten word from them on this matter as of today.

Anybody got any info from the Ticket Office regarding parking for next year? I grew fond of the pre-paid parking already, and would hate to line up behind long lines of cars waiting to get into the lot.

Thanks in advance.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Great Meadowlands Stadium Article from Today's Newsday

Quick Summary: The sight lines are on par with the famously friendly ones at the old stadium.

New baseball stadiums often take pains to be charming and quirky. Exhibit A: Citi Field.

New football facilities? Less so. Exhibit B: New Meadowlands Stadium.

As I toured the place Thursday in advance of tomorrow's public opening for a lacrosse triple-header, I struggled to come up with the right description.

Then Tom Rock, Newsday's perspicacious Giants beat reporter, did it for me, comparing the Jets' and Giants' new home to a battleship: "Big, gray and expensive.''

It is all of those things, with more than double the square footage of Giants Stadium (much of it in concourses and vast club lounges), a neutral grayish-ness (including all 82,500 seats) to maintain team neutrality and a price tag of $1.7 billion, a record for an American sports palace.

All of which sounds grim and joyless. But that's not quite right, either.

From initial appearances, NMS (which still awaits a naming-rights sponsor) will be a comfortable, modern, all-around pleasant place to watch games or socialize - not necessarily in that order.

The sight lines are on par with the famously friendly ones at the old stadium, and the upper deck is smaller, pushing a higher percentage of seats into (more expensive) lower areas.

If anyone is unhappy with the view from his or her seat, there are four 118-foot-wide, 30-foot-high video boards in each corner, not to mention hundreds of smaller screens throughout the building.

A key goal, CEO Mark Lamping said, was to maintain a relatively intimate feel in the seating bowl even while extending areas outside it for the inevitable trappings of modern arenas, such as more places to spend money on food and merchandise, more restrooms, more leg room, more of pretty much everything.

That seems to have been accomplished, but the true test will arrive with paying customers.

The first step comes Saturday with a test run expected to draw about 20,000 for three games featuring the top four lacrosse teams in the nation. (Hofstra will face Delaware at 1 p.m.) Only the lower bowl will be open.

On May 7 Mexico faces Ecuador in soccer, the first event for which the entire building will be open. The Giants and Jets meet in a preseason game Aug. 16. By then Giants Stadium should be rubble, and its footprint well on its way to becoming a parking lot. The demolition, along with ongoing roadwork surrounding the stadium, gives the area an unfinished feel. The intention is to have all in place for the regular-season NFL opener.

Week 1 will be the ultimate test for Lamping's crew, because one of his - and the stadium's - most important tasks is keeping both teams happy by making everything even-steven.

Stadium workers will have about 24 hours to convert it from Giants blue Sept. 12 to Jets green the following night. That will be done through everything from convertible lights to replaceable end zones to flipping around merchandise kiosks to go from Giants to Jets souvenirs.

For night games, small lights on the ornamental metal "fins'' that surround the building will turn it green or blue.

The most contentious aspect of the stadium has been the personal seat licenses the Jets and Giants are selling for the right to purchase tickets.

The costliest of the PSLs secure access to the gleaming Coach's Club, located under the stands, with a terrace that gives fans access to the field itself.

It will be an excellent location for socializing during warm-ups, but at 15 feet behind the back of the bench area, it figures to be a poor place from which to see what is going on during the game.

Even that amenity pales compared to the Commissioner's Club, a 10,700-square-foot space for owners of the 20 choicest suites, which go for up to $1 million per season for both teams' games.

The place is all dark wood and dark seats, like something out of a smoky men's club from a previous millennium.

It is anything but gray. Actually, it reeked of green.

Not Jets green. The kind of green that funds $1.7-billion football stadiums.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...tadium-an-impressive-place-to-visit-1.1853424

Anyone Posts this on Jetsinsider tell them it is from rowonejetfan with Love