Ferguson wants more D'Money

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Per ESPN Insider:

The New York Jets' offensive line is a real strength of the team, and anchoring that line is left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson. But Ferguson is now looking for a new contract, according to what a source told Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News.

Under the terms of his rookie deal, Ferguson will make $3.1225 million in 2010, and 2011 is a team option at $10 million. It's not clear at this time what type of deal the LT is after, but we're pretty sure his new salary won't qualify him for tax credits under the health care reform bill.

Can't start threads in the JETS forum yet so I'll place it here.

2. TheCOTCH

TheCOTCH Member

wait another year to resign him. take car of Mangold first

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

there are a lot of people to resign next year. We will lose someone... or hopefully, unload a bunch of old expensive players like Faneca to make room for the resignings.

Time for Tanny to work his magic. Revis, Mangold, and Brick are the top 3 to resign. Then comes harris if there is room

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You simply can not let an Lt that is a virtual lock down pass blocker walk. To compound matters he is also young and approaching his prime years.

LT is arguably the 2nd most important position on offense and people the Jets have a very good one. There is just too much of a premium on that position to mess around with it. Brick is going to get paid a hefty sum by the Jets going forward.

Revis > Brick > Mangold is the order of importance. Priority is a little different... probably Mangold first as he has the shortest remaining contract.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Uncapped year and we have a guy by the name of Tannenbaum to iron out the $$. Not worried, he'll get his money.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it will be interesting to see how things turn out over the next 2 years.

baum will be hard pressed to deal with all the situations that will be before him. the possibility of an uncapped year this year may end up being his get out of jail free card.

having guys like gholston on the team really hamper resigning these proven players to deals that are market value. this was one of the reasons i was scared of moving up in the draft for a qb last year top 5. luckily that doesnt appear to be a bust situation at this point.

its funny that you cant post in jets forum until you get a certain amount of posts. how many do you need?

7. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

50 posts. ill get there in a day or two.

8. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i agree, those three are the most important. then followed by harris and depending on play edwards and cromartie.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Just don't spam to pad your count. They tend to frown on that.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

uncapped does give teams some leeway, but its not a chance to load up big and then shrink it down in the following years.

the uncertainty actually makes it harder to resign people. The core guys have to stay, and Gholston's contract has to get the fuck off the books.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

50 to put a thread in the Jets forum... it takes away from spammers and it means your somewhat committed to staying here.

Doogstein's tenure has been good so far. He wants to contribute to the site. That can be applauded by all.

I'm not sure what you mean by get out of jail free card.... Tanny's job is pretty damn safe.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its a get out of jail free in that he can cut fat that would otherwise really strap the team.

that wasnt directed towards him he has done a great job and will be here for years. i dont always agree with his methods but he has done a great job putting a very very very talented team on the field.

13. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Gracias for the kind words. Believe me I'm commited I frequent this site constantly throughout the day and will continue to do so til I'm shipped out to Texas for Basic training (I'm joinng the Air Force BTW). I wont spam it up just to raise my post count I've been around the site long wnough to know what not to do. Look forward to talking with everyone on the site some more.

14. hazmat

hazmat New Member

No young players are getting their big 2nd contracts this off season. Teams simply cannot restructure contracts. If your a free agent you'll get your money, if your still under contract you'll be waiting to see what happens next off seasons.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Pay him whatever the fuck he wants. Revis, Mangold, Brick and Harris need to be Jets for LIFE.

16. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I pretty much agree with this entirely.

17. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Lets just hope the Jets win the damn superbowl this year or next. Itll be a lot easier to retain these big name players once were the reigning champs, and the boatload of money itll bring in for the front office to spend on these guys.

18. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

+1 completely agree

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Hopefully Tannenbaum will get either Brick or Mangold a contract before the regular season. Right now it looks like the FO is holding back on extensions until the CBA gets renegotiated.

20. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Every time I start to wonder this universal law comes into play.