Jets to be featured on Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JfaulkNYJ, Mar 24, 2010.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Looks like I will be subscribing to HBO. Meh, I guess that means I'll be able to catch reruns of The Pacific as well.

2. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

As awesome as Revis is, Rex is going to be the star of this show. Sanchez will likely be a close second.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

http://www.hulu.com/nfl/hard-knocks

MikeDeVito70

via twatter

#143 JfaulkNYJ, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Don La Greca said it well today: the best way to garner publicity and maximum exposure is to play in/win Playoff games. "Hard Knocks" won't draw a number remotely close to what the AFCC game drew. Not to mention, if dude in Seattle watches a few episodes of the Jets on "Hard Knocks," it's not depositing $ into anyone's bank account to purchase PSLs.

I'll prolly watch this and prolly enjoy it, but I wouldn't have minded if the Jets had declined to be the featured team on this show.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

How 'Knocks' teams fared after HBO show ยป
    Okay so here we are. The first four games after filming 'Hard Knocks'. Rich Cimini believes if 'Hard Knocks' has any effect at all..it'll be shown in the first four games

2001 Ravens: 3-1

2002 Cowboys: 2-2

2007 Chiefs: 2-2

2008 Cowboys: 3-1

2009 Bengals: 3-1

As you can see no team had a losing record after the filming of Hard Knocks. To think that Hard Knocks would affect the ENTIRE season is insane. They film during a portion of training camp, and up to the 1st Preseason game?(I think the cameras turn off after the 1st Preseason game)

Hopefully this puts the "this is a distraction" shit to rest.

7. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

For those worried about it somehow affecting performances or changing personalities - do you honestly think it will be the first time that any of these guys have been around cameras? This isn't Big Brother or Survivor, these boys are around the media every single day at the training facilities, in their social lives, and at work; it won't make a blind bit of difference.

8. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

If we suck this year it's likely due to our brutal schedule than whether or not we have a few cameras following around players in camp for a month or so.

These are grown ass man. I think they'll be able to deal.

taking a quick look at patsfans.com reaction

Good one. :lol:

#148 talisaynon, Mar 24, 2010
  9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Its the school of the Hard Knocks, Im actually happy to have my team on it this year.

10. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Without scrolling through this whole thread, how often/when is this show on ? Is it a M-F thing, or something well see once a week for 4 weeks ?

Edit- Still no clue how often or when, but there was only 3 episodes in 2008, and either 5 or 6 the other seasons ?

Guess itll still be entertaining but I DEFINITELY dont see something so minimal being a big deal at all.

#150 dcm1602, Mar 24, 2010
  11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This.............. basically what I was going to say.

Also if Hard Knocks is going to distract this team then they were not very good and not very professional to begin with.

12. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

I'm amazed at the number and variety of curses, hexes and jinxes you guys talk about when it comes to sport. Are people really that superstitious or is it just a bit of fun?

Is there a thread or external source that lists them all?

13. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

Brilliant for HBO...we'll see how it works out for the Jets lol

I don't think it will really affect their season in a negative way

Should be pretty cool...hopin Sanchez loosens up a lil bit and isn't so damn politically correct lol

14. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

i noticed that they didnt have the most recent season from ben-gals camp so you may have to wait a full year to watch the jets or have a friend record it for you and burn a dvd

15. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

also after watching the chiefs on the show i gained a new respect for herm... bad coach... good man

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

yeah i just realized that. i'm sure somebody here will upload it to a website. i'm going to get hbo back though.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

HBO making smart decisions getting the Jets and signing Game of Thrones series

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Game of Thrones will be awesome.

I'm also looking forward to David Milch's new show Luck and Terence Winter's Boardwalk Empire.

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I don't see nor will I use this as an excuse or cause&effect relationship to losing, but I do believe that players will 'act' or practice differently (some for better, some for worse) when they know cameras are on them for a Reality TV show.

Isn't this statement in and of itself an indictment on the show, or at the very least an implication of the potential pitfalls the show can create? Wouldn't the best scenario be if "things like this" that may "take a toll on your team" were avoided? Why even allow those potential problems and/or be forced to rely on the HC to "make sure" this doesn't cause a problem, when you can avoid the potential problem altogether by not doing the show?

Today, someone on the radio said (I tried googling it but found nothing) that even Herm said the show (i.e. the film-crew, players' behavior, etc) grew into a headache. And that's coming from Herm -- the master motivator.

Again, I'm not trying to play darksider, but it seems - especially based on what you just said, what I quoted - that the show inherently comes with some unneeded risks. Am I being fair in claiming that?

20. NYSPORTSNUCCA

NYSPORTSNUCCA Banned

If our coach wasn't Rex., I would hate this but he is so., I love it.