17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The other bizarre thing about this thread has been the civility. For the most part, this thread has always lacked the adolescent, mindless bickering and personal attacks that are so commonplace everywhere else on the internet. Guys truly came here for seat info and advice, pics, tips on parking, entrances and exits, etc.

And we're not finished by a long shot, because the whole parking lot thing is yet to be determined and announced by the Jets. Wait until we approach the first Preseason Game. People are going to want to know all about which exit off the TNPK to get to wherever...

Looking forward to the Eagles-Dixie Chicks performance June 10. If I don't get to take the tour (I see no reason now, thanks to the great reporting job and pics furnished in this thread), I'll at least get to enter the parking area on my own and get a feel for where the best entrances and exits are, etc. By then the paerking lot should be all set up and the Jets should have announced where we're all going to be allowed to park. There better be some decent escalators too.

2. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Eagles, Chicks, and Urban is a great call!! Keith Urban is one of the most underrated guitar players out there. Just realized I need to keep this Jets oriented...THANKS FOR ALL OF THE TOUR PICS!!

3. no psls

no psls Banned

League won't announce any part of 2010 schedule until mid-April
    By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- In a change from the norm, the NFL will not announce any games scheduled for the 2010 season at the NFL Annual Meeting this week, according to a league source.

Generally, the league would announce some key primetime match-ups during the meeting, but that will not be the case this year. There are some unresolved issues, and the schedule is not ready for these games to be locked in yet.

An announcement on the full schedule is now expected to come at once in mid-April.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Speaking of guitar players, that ride in "Hotel California" has to be hands down one of my favorite all-time rides in all of Rock and Roll history. Really looking forward to hearing it live, from the Upper Deck, of course.

5. JLJets

JLJets New Member

RE: Lacrosse Tournament - I haven't looked in a while but originally, you couldn't get upper level seats for this tournament. I'm assuming they'll seat people in the field and mezz levels only. That was reinforced to me last week, after seeing how much more work they have to do, especially in the upper level. I can't see them needing more than 50K seats provided in the two lower levels.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Lowers are $23 and falling on stubhub
    http://www.stubhub.com/big-city-classic-tickets/big-city-lacrosse-classic-4-10-2010-908915

I'm waiting to purchase my $5 tickets on 4/9

7. Section 227. Row 5

8. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Stadium Tour

And, don't forget, they're promising us a "Meet your seat" day this spring (sounds like a self administered colonoscopy?). I haven't heard anything more since seeing it on our invoice, but I'm guessing they're leaning towards late spring, maybe late May, because they have a lot more work to do in the UL. They can't let people walk around construction equipment and materials, like we did on the tour (with close supervision). This work will be done for 227's Eagles concert, but that isn't until June.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, my wife was questioning how we're going to be sitting in the Upper Deck if it's not finished. She thought the concert was at the Arena, but I told her, no, they're saying "The New Meadowlands Stadium." So it's got to be all done by June 10th.

I would be up for a "Meet Your Seat" day in May. Good chance to check out the parking lots and entrances.

10. joejets1

joejets1 Member

Have a feeling the opening primetime games and Thanksgiving games were already scheduled, and then Woody spoke up about the first game in Jets Stadium (thats what I am going to start calling it)cause I have a feeling Giant fans will still call it Giants Stadium, anyway back to my point. Since then they had to re scramble since the Jets were give MNF and Thanksgiving night so they probably had to re do several teams schedules because of it.

11. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Home Opener Thoughts

I've heard different rumors/speculation about who the Jets will host in the opening weekend Monday night game. Here are a few:

New England - because we always do. I'd have to check but I think its 8 of the last 10 home openers.

Miami - As a long time rival. And, maybe to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Midnight Miracle Game? Have Vinny and the gang for pre-game or half time ceremonies?

Minnesota - If Favre comes back, might be the biggest way to draw a national TV crowd? How annoying would it be to have him part of opening our new stadium?

I'm sure there are others, these are just a few.

12. Section 227. Row 5

"It don't matter." Bring any one of 'em on. We're going to kick their ass opening day.

Pepsi Corner will be standing tall.

13. rcali2524

rcali2524 New Member

are they still doing tours at the stadium?

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

After constant calls of saying no ten million different ways, I haven't heard from the Jets since last December. Today I get a call from a rep wanting to discuss options at the new Stadium. Looks like they're about to scrub the master list all over again, make sure you screen your calls, especially if you've ever worn green in your life or flown on a jet....

15. no psls

no psls Banned

Rumor has it that the Jets are going to do HARD KNOCKS on HBO this season . OH THE PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. HCUBED

HCUBED Member

I'm going to see Bon Jovi on May 29th. I decided to splurge a little, considering the fact that I haven't been to a concert since the early 90's, and got sec 111a row 1 seats 1&2. This row only has 4 seats. So I guess you could call me Row One Bon Jovi Fan (ROBJF). Hopefully the "meet your seat" day will be before then. Old sec 120 row 36 ---new sec 129 row 38. With 2 kids I have to have cover. Also a big thanks to 17a and all the regulars for this thread.

17. HCUBED

HCUBED Member

I'm going to see Bon Jovi on May 29th. I decided to splurge a little, considering the fact that I haven't been to a concert since the early 90's, and got sec 111a row 1 seats 1&2. This row only has 4 seats. So I guess you could call me Row One Bon Jovi Fan (ROBJF). Hopefully the "meet your seat" day will be before then. Old sec 120 row 36 ---new sec 129 row 38. With 2 kids I have to have cover. Also a big thanks to 17a and all the regulars for this thread.

18. HCUBED

HCUBED Member

Sorry about the double post. That's what happens when you post from a not so smart phone

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You should change your name to HSQUARED :rofl:

20. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Juvenile toolboxes aren't season ticket holders. It costs money.

FWIW, they called me yesterday and offered me reduced price PSL in the lower bowl.

I've never had a season ticket plan in my life and don't plan to start now, but they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel to sell seats.