Leon Washington a no show at first day of voluntary OTA's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Mar 22, 2010.

1. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Lets say we average 70 plays per game

Sanchez throws the ball anywhere from 18-28 times a game

Passing targets: Edwards 6-8 times, Cotchery 6-8 times, LT 3-6 times, Keller 3-6 times, others 2-4 times

Greene runs the ball 15-25 times, LT runs the ball 10-18 times

Brad Smith runs the wildcat 2-5 plays a game.

we have 0-2 offensive penalties that are declined, essentially losing the down per game.

Leon gets 0-5 touches a game

Now roughly some of those numbers are going to be up and down and not exact. Everyone is not going to reach their peak touches/targets/pass attempts every game. Sometimes Greene will run 16 times bc LT is hot and vice versa. Edwards and Cotchery will be targeted more or less based on match ups, etc. At the end of the day theres not enough touches to go around that are worth giving to LW and losing to others. Why throw to him when u can throw to Keller, Edwards, Cotchery or more importantly LT? Why run LW when you have Greene and LT? We have more playmakers then some realize and LW coming off serious injury is going to have a tough time getting touches.

#81 ShAuN JoHN 9294, Mar 23, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ray Rice is Baltimore's lead back.

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

This is where I think this saga is headed..

So teams are going to play the waiting game and see how his fitness is.
    If thats the case, wouldn't it make sense for Leon to at least attend OTAs?

#83 gustoonarmy, Mar 23, 2010
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

here's a thought:

if another team offers us a #2 pick, the jets may decide to take it based on who's making the offer.

seattle? grab the #2 and laugh all the way to the draft.

pats? not so quick. we just might match the pat's offer to avoid playing against leon twice a year, maybe even 3 times. we don't want leon to join welker in the 'jet killer' club.

with the head games the pats love to play with the jets, i can almost see the pats offering leon a big contract knowing the jets will match it to keep leon out of new england.

jsut a thought.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't think he's healthy man.

Coming off an injury, wanting to prove you have value and are trade worthy, you would probably show up to workout sessions, unless you are closing on a house.

6. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Well the pats won't offer leon a deal. He has no place in their backfield now that faulk is back in NE.

However, if the Pats are retarded enough to offer leon 4.5 million + per year, then you politely take their second round pick (they have 3, so I believe we can only get the one that is originally theirs) and say have a nice day. Leon would be over paid and he would be receiving very limited touches in NE, and the only way we would really have to worry about him (if he comes all the way back to form, which I doubt) would be on KR.

7. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Honestly with our defense I'm not worried about a player of Leon Washingtons caliber. Whoever signs him whether it be the Pats, Dolphins or anybody else, I feel like we will handle a player like him. If this defense is worried about a LW kicking our ass then we really need to reevaluate how good this defense supposedly is.

I say if Patriots want him, ill drive him to New England myself. This defense is going to dominate, only special players should be capable of doing damage against us.

#87 ShAuN JoHN 9294, Mar 23, 2010
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

MrE, I love your posts outside of this subject, but after reading this, I can't take any of your posts concerning Leon Washington seriously.

9. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

He should have signed the more than reasonable deal before he got injured.

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If Leon stays he is our 3rd down back, period. LT will be spelling Greene on 1st and 2nd down. Just look at how valuable Faulk has been to the Pats for years. Leon will likely never see a similar offer in his career, but if he keeps his mouth shut and accepts the 3rd down back role, he could be with the team making good (not great) money for years to come.

Also, Leon >>> Brad on kickoffs. Leon + Brad in the wildcat will reap some benefits as well. Anyone calling Leon overrated or expendable is quickly forgetting just how valuable he was to this team prior to injury.

11. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Leon Washington is a walking lesson in GREED....he may never get his payday

12. abyzmul

If Leon stays, I don't think there will be a cut-and-dry 3rd down back. RBBC gives you the flexibility to use any back on any down given the situation. I'd expect Leon or LT (or both) in the backield on 3rd and 4 or longer, with Greene back there for 3rd and 3 or shorter - although LT could get that nod in the red zone.

I like to bang on Schotty for a lot of things, but I love the guy's personnel packages.

13. abyzmul

Oh give me a break. The NFL is a business. Leon played for 4 years as one of the most dynamic players on the team. For his efforts, he was paid as a 4th round draft pick. Now that he wants to get some sort of payday for almost half a decade of excellent play, he's greedy? You have a pretty short memory. Leon has shown to be one of the most humble team players we've had over the years.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Leon's downfall is hiring an Agent that is polarizing.

Keel's doesn't see reality.

Leon isn't greedy...just stupid judgement in selecting his agent.

Leon needs to wake-up!!!

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Who are we going to get in the second round that is anywhere close to what Leon Washington is? People over-value draft picks, in my opinion.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Oh, how quickly Jets fans forget...

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Questions persist about Leon Washington's future with the Jets
    basically all the articles are the same, but a view by Bob Glauber.

18. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i dont see anyone signing him. with the deep draft and the fact that hes not healthy, and proving it by not working out right now, i really dont see anyone finding him worth the second round pick.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Hmm. Interesting...

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i wouldnt read too much into it. ill wait a few weeks before I set aflame a pitchfork