Leon Washington a no show at first day of voluntary OTA's

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Leon Washington-RB-Jets Mar. 22 - 4:13 pm et

Unsigned restricted free agent Leon Washington was a no-show for the start of the Jets' offseason conditioning program Monday.
    Despite coming off a compound leg fracture that's severely impacted his value, Washington remains unhappy with his contract situation. Ultimately, he just doesn't have much leverage. He'll likely report for mandatory work.
    (Rotoworld/Rich Cimini)

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since he might have been busy re-habbing his leg somewhere else (a more qualified medical structure)... but if he just didn't show up because he is still bitching about his contract AFTER the injury he sustained then fuck him.

Sure, Keels (his agent) is an idiot but ultimately it's Leon's decision that counts on how he wants to manage the situation. He gambled last year and lost, now the only thing he can do, especially after the injury he sustained, is get in as much work as he can prior to the season!

If he doesn't understand that he has to prove he is healthy before he can ask anything from the Jets (or any other team) he might be the best person and team-mate in the world... but as far as being a professional he isn't very smart.

I really hope he had some medical injury-related thing he had to do... It would be sad to see a player ruin his career because of not being able to handle a contract renewal situation. He needs to focus 110% on his leg right now...

PS ONLY other no show was newly acquired Laury but I'm guessing that's because he only signed a week ago and needs some time to move his family from Seattle to NY.

2. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Wow thats pretty bad, I agree about waiting to see how the situation plays out first

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

c'mon NFL....somebody pony up a 2nd round pick for him.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Off Season work outs

No Leon for the first day. Has he been rehabbing at the facility at all? Was he expected to join them with the injury or is this his way of saying FU to the Jets? I have lots of questions and no answers. Anyone have any answers. Why would he pissed at us, were we suppose to give him a 3 year deal with 10-12 million guarenteed after his injury?

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Nice reporting, not...

6. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

who cares? would he even pass a physical right now?

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

That's the point... if he wouldn't pass a physical he should be there for physical conditioning...

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Dont understand why. Youd think he would want to prove he was healthy.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

But Keels says he's waaaay ahead of schedule.

I'm glad i didn't fall for that bullshit.

LW will not be the same player he was.

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He should just sign the damn tender and get his ass in OTAs. No one is going to give him the money he is asking for at this point.

11. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

The writer of this article states he doesn't even know if Leon is rehabbing or getting treatment at his home in Florida. This is a non-story

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

trade him to the Raiders!!

c'mon Al...he's still fast. *tries to keep a straight face*

13. cflava5

cflava5 New Member

isn't this workout voluntary? getting worked over nothing. talk to me when he misses something that is actually mandatory

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Probably too late to get a 2nd rounder for him. Damn.

Alvin Keels

that is Leons agent. via twitter.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Tanny said the same for that matter. I don't know... I think we'll open the season with 4 RBs on the team (please not Woodhead) just in case Leon isn't ready yet... but I don't think we can evaluate how well Leon will come back until midway through TC.

Remember when a normal guy has that kind of injury he reabilitates 30 min a day and then has to do his job etc... athletes re-hab 8 hours a day every day... this is why they are able to come back from injuries which are extremely heavy.

Hermann Maier won several ski races with 3 screws (BIG screws) in his leg... do you have any idea how much stress legs have to bear while skiing?

Plus in the last 10 years sports medicine has taken leaps forward... to have a career threatening injury it must either be something to your head/spine or breaking 50% of your body.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

he doesn't have to sign the tender to go to the conditioning program.however,i will withhold judgement until a statement from the team or leon says otherwise.
    i love how last year he was the best thing this team had and now everyone hates him because he broke his leg and they want another draft pick.lets see what happens in the next month before piling on the guy pleas.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm talking about Leon's DEDICATION for the Jets... to me it's something important. Jenkins was there, Sanchez was there, even guys who are working on their contracts like Mangold were there... the ONLY one was Leon. To me it's something worthy of discussion.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i don't like to procrastinate....let's pile on him now.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Mangold knows he isnt going anywhere.

Mangold is 1000000000000000times more valuable than Leon is.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Screw what Keels said. Turkjetfan's super duper inside source said that Leon is already 100%.