Are any of you PC gamers

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Mr Potato Fro, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Haha, So true, I'm running 8 gigs of ram at the moment, It just punches everything in the nuts.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

NUYCE!

I have 8gb in my dj laptop and it fukin cuts cheeze baby!

I see some MOBO's now hitting the market w/ SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0 and DDR3 2200 Triple channel memory so you can have 24gigs....

This of cousre will be for my Music Production workstation only...

yeah right!

3. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I used to run an SLI gaming system with top line gear and loved it for playing PC games about 3 years ago. Then I moved twice and only use my laptop these days. It's pretty decent for PC games 2 years ago.

These days I just stick with console games because I no longer have the time nor desire to be building computers for gaming these days.

4. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Sweet. I think my mobo is capable of 16 gig. Which is a little overkill, but awesome. I'll need to replace the mobo in a couple years, as it's an am2+ socket, and am2+ processors are hard to come by. That and it's gettng old period.

5. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Just WoW for me. Got into it in college right after the Southpark episode. I had played Warcraft 2 back in the day so I gave it a shot. Ended up getting addicted and threw the last two years of college away by playing that fucking game 12 hours a day or so. After college I joined a hardcore raiding guild and played five nights a week for about 6 hours a night (for about a year and a half). Fortunately I got a new job about 9 months ago and had to quit raiding (although I still have my account and hop on once or twice a week to talk to some old friends).

But if I can give anyone advice, don't ever play a fucking mmorpg if you have an addictive personality. But WoW has gone so far downhill now anyways, I don't see how anyone could start playing it and get hooked.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Which ones? Care to share?

*Welcome to the brotherhood.*

7. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Yeagh, I used to play and agree completely. Fortunately I never got fully addicted so I quit once it started to get too repetitive for me with WotLK. It's just not the same anymore with Blizzard catering to the "casual" fan. I actually missed having to attune for raids and getting large groups together always felt rewarding in itself.

I don't see myself playing an MMO again until TOR comes out (I highly recommend checking it out). I've always loved the Star Wars films (especially Empire) ever since I was a kid.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

yeah...love AMD!
    My Music WS had 2 2400+MP's in it...talk about old and outdated...and you know what?
    It's still Kickin'!

I built it back in 2000 and when I did friends/family said I was crazy cause I was building a $2000...
    well, they've gone through 2-4 computers each in that time period...who is crazy now fuckers!?

Yeah, it's about to be retired when I build my new Music rig but it's still kickin' and will become a server somwehere in the house...

I'm really really trying to stay away from the i7 but the numbers it does for my purposes maybe too much to overlook :sad:

9. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Oh man no attunements is such bullshit. That's my main gripe with Blizz's direction really. They made it waaaaaaay too accessible. I miss sitting around on top of Org bank or Shatt in my T3/6 and having people inspect me every ten seconds lol. If you were good, you got see the hard content and get the good gear. Nowadays everyone looks the same and people that completely suck can have the same gear as a talented hardcore raider

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Blame the instanced dungeons (be it group or raid).

Such abominable situation didn't really occur during EQ days...

11. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Yes. Still waiting for Starcraft 2. Have the beta for it though which is sweeeet. Never played WoW or anything like that, I've always been more of an old school gamer. LucasArts style games + Starcraft/Age of Empires and lately Oblivion and Fallout 3. Have counterstrike accounts though.

12. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

*raises hand*

13. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I seriously can NOT WAIT for SW:TOR to come out. I've been fantasizing about it since it was announced. I was number 3052/550k to register for their forum, So I missed being the first fan to sign up by like 5 minutes ;)

I love AMD as well, the nice thing about AMD, is you get solid performance at a MUCH cheaper price then intel. Intel's chips have higher benchmarks but the price differential makes me prefer AMD, which is funny because AMD runs best with ATI cards, and I actually prefer the NVidia cards. Recently got a phenom II quad core 3.0, <3 it so far.

14. Christian

Christian Active Member

I just recently got addicted to WoW, again. I don't know how as Blizzard made Wrath way to easy for any moron to get geared up for T10 raids. I remember back in the day it was actually difficult to gear up for a raid, seems like everytime I go back to that fruity game it gets easier and easier. Pretty soon they're gonna give people epic flying at level 1.

Ive also been waiting for The Old Republic since it was first rumored they were making a KOTOR MMO. First fully voiced MMO is really gonna be sick.

15. IATA

IATA Trolls

I play WoW, CoD: WaW, TFC2, and SC2 Beta.

I've played WoW since Beta2, april 2004. I have quit tho a few times, usually for a year or so at a time and get bored get back in. I play now because it's something I can play for an hour and accomplish something, or play for 3 hours and accomplish more. With the shooters, I get bored after an hour or so of the same. Scilla, Alliance. I have 3 80's with 2 more in the 60's coming up.

SC2 Beta is fucking amazing. I haven't had a chance to really sit down and play alot, I think I have 4 or 5 games on practise ratings, still need another 5 or so before I get into rated games, but it's a blast.

16. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

I use to play Diablo 2 wow that game was awesome. I'm thinking about buying the new Star Wars MMORG that is coming out this year. Don't know if it was released yet or not but I read its suppose to take MMORG to a different level with actually having a story line and you make decisions that affect the story permanently so that seems interesting. I also have a lot of different emulators, what can I say i love me some classic games lol.

The best ones in my opinion are ZSNES 1.51, GENS, ePSXe 1.7, Project64 1.7. I'm sure you can tell which are which but just to be certain in order those are SNES, Genesis, Playstation 1, Nintendo 64 emulators.

I got some great websites to download the roms/games from if you need PM me.

#36 ShAuN JoHN 9294, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  17. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

it's actually scheduled for release in Spring 2011

18. Capt. Ace Nick

I only play the old Ms Pac Man game at the local movie theater. Classic!

19. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Mostly Mario games... I like some of the homebrewed versions on SNES Super Mario All-stars and Mario World are great.

N64 and Gamecube Smash Bros and Mario Kart.

20. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

what kind of RAM and what O/S? If it's vista, i'm not surprised because vista is awful.

It's definitely not the processor but you could have sprung for more RAM with that setup.

#40 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010