Sanchez and where he needs to improve

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Throw out your opinions. Where does he need to improve?

Personally, I think he just needs to play within himself and not try to do too much.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Learn not to panic and force the ball - #1
    He has all the tools and with some extra wepons and TC he should work out his problems

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Shave off the Stache!!!

4. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Execution. Execution. Execution. Execution. Execution.

Simply put, he needs to take notes from Pennington's old playbook. Know the game situation, understand the purpose of the play at hand (and why it's being called), and execute it. Go for completions, not yards. Go through reads, don't stare guys down.

But most of all, let the running game do its job! Know the QBs role in this offense, throw the ball away when necessary, and avoid turnovers.

Also, keep the stache. :up:

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

finally...a fresh topic...good stuff, Murrell.

With all the rumblings of Sanchez putting in extra time at the Jets facilities...rehabbing, watching tape, working with coaches, learning the playbook..etc etc. I think he should just stay the course.

He could use improvement in all facets of the quarterback position..afterall, he's only 1 year into his career.....the best part about that is....we've already seen him fail and learn from his mistakes during the season....and that's a huge positive.

I guess if there's one thing that i'd like to see happen....is for him to make better decisions when running with the ball....when and how to slide for example. :)

#5 MBGreen, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

:rofl:

...relliF

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Very good point. He does need to look off defenders better

I agree :up:

8. Christian

Christian Active Member

I would really like to see him slide more often then go for the extra yards while taking a hit.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

decision making is a huge one and although it appeared to improve in the playoffs is still a big question mark over a full year.

he really needs to work on how he handles the ball in the pocket and while moving about the pocket and out of it. it is one of the huge things that really scares me on a regular basis.

develop, continue to develop, continue to work hard and improve. although many see him being great, at this point he is not, he is a 9-7 qb right now and he really needs to take the next step this year into being a consistent reliable qb.

i also worry about his legs, the injury from college, the injury to his knee last year, the fact they had to go in and clean up the college injury. he has only played 2 years of football and that is alot of knee talk for a guy with so few games. so i definitely hope he can keep his legs healthy.

how is that from the ultimate sancheese hater? did i do good staying neutral?

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

throw the ball away sometimes instead of forcing it...he made some god awful throws in the regular season when he tried to force the ball to nobody

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

lol, when his only real WRs last season were Cotch and Braylon, I can excuse him :wink:

12. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

ball control, he has a tendency to hold that thing out there both in the pocket and when on the run.

slide, slide and slide some more. dude needs to get one of those slip and slide and get a grass burn for his birthday or something.

stop locking on to a receiver/ go through progressions.

i'm looking forward to seeing how he's progressed this offseason. as mentioned earlier, the fact that he has already shown the ability to overcome and learn from mistakes is huge.

edit:
    also good thread, nice to not hear some more TJ/LT crap.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think alleycat hit my two biggest concerns with decision making and ball handling. Sometimes he holds the ball out there like like it's a friggen baton for a relay race.

He did seem to reel in the decision making issues in the playoffs. I also think a years experience and all the film study he's doing will help quite a bit with that.

14. Prea

Prea New Member

I was just about to say "get better receivers"

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Our starting receivers are fine. It's when you get past #2 where there's a big drop off.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

It's hard to diagnose a receiving corps. when your QB only gets 15 passes a game, but I hear ya.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wait, u don't think Clowney is a #1 WR in the NFL? Just ask somebody on the West Caost.:up:

18. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Very well put. :up:

Continue the progress that was evident during the playoffs.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

But he has several models to do that for him.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Poise...

He showed it during the playoffs...but he still had that recklessness throwing during the regular season.

i want him to be confident in himself and not panic with throws into double coverages or bad setups