Jets, Giants resolve turf battle over their new turf

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jcjet, Mar 15, 2010.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If Goody had a brain he would have had it video taped & then posted to the world on YT

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He already burned the coin in the same fiery pit with the Cheatriots tapes.

3. championjets69

Oh so is why it was not videoed taped & put out on YT

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

According to Woody, he was informed the coin-toss idea was rejected. He didn't know to have a rep there, let alone when to tape an event that supposedly wasn't even happening.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

It is, Champ. It's on the same playlist with the vids of the Holy Grail's location, and a downed spacecraft at Area 51. Just search for it.

6. championjets69

I think U need to check ur facts since I doubt it since if it was there would be no uproar over the "supposed" coin flip

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I said the same thing yesterday. Some free pub for both theams, the new stadium and the league in the middle of March. Everyone is in NY anyway, bring Joe Namath and LT out to the new field and flip the coin at the 50 yard line. Just don't let Joe drink first or he might opt to defer and take the wind in the second half.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

"Goody," as in Goodell, not "Woody," as in Woody Johnson.

This entire thing was completely botched by Goodell, and IMO anyone who thinks that there is the slightest thing wrong with Johnson saying so is crazy.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Woody did 1 thing wrong. He made a public statement about this bullshit. He shoulda known better that the media would twist, and lie saying 'the commish cheated'. Woody probably thinks that, but he never said anything like that, and everybody is saying Woody's calling the commish a cheatAH.

10. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I have to agree with your shot at Woody here; if he wanted to he could have built his own stadium. The teams have to share a stadium now and (despite whatever bullshit junc is spewing today) the Giants have the stronger history and subsequently outshine the Jets because of it. If Woody didn't want to deal with this he should have just built his own stadium. I'm not saying this to be a troll, but the Giants have a strong history and it speaks for itself; they don't really have to go through any special effort to outshine the Jets.

FWIW, I doubt the Giants' organization is actively trying to minimize the Jets. I'm sure they are doing all they can to promote themselves, but I would be surprised if they were intentionally trying to lessen the importance of the Jets' organization, team, and fan base.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

They aren't now, but used to in the early 60's when the Titans were around.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Having trouble reading? Where did I ever say we had a history like the Giants? That's not the argument, the Giants like to act like they are the yankees of the NFL and they aren't close. They are a good all time franchise not a great one, they are known more for losing Championship games than anything else

13. FriendlyGiantsFan

Junc, out of all the stupid things you have said I think this takes the cake. I don't know what constitutes an elite franchise in your book, but the number of championships we have, the number of championship games we've played in, the number of Hall of Fame players we have, and the ways in which this team has influenced and changed the game (from Wellington Mara signing the 1st FA from the AFL to LT changing the way the OLB position was played and the way offenses were run) all come together to make for one of the more venerable franchises in the NFL. I'm not saying we're the best franchise out there and I know there are teams with better histories, but to paint that Giants' history as one of ineptitude and mediocrity is just ridiculous.

I know you don't like the team, but at least have the intelligence to give the devil his due, so to speak. Hell, I hate the Eagles like cancer, but I must admit that they are one of the most consistently good franchises of the last decade and one of the better coached teams in football. Don't let your emotions run your logic and don't try to bend the reality of a situation to suit your opinions; if anything it should be the other way around.

And if anything the fact that they've had stretches of piss-poor play shows you how impressive the wins they have accumulated are; just being in existence for a long time does NOT guarantee any level of success

14. nyjunc

Reading is not your friend today. When did I "paint that Giants' history as one of ineptitude and mediocrity is just ridiculous"? I simply stated a fact that they aren't an elite franchise. They aren't GB, Chi, SF, Pitt, Dallas. They are a GOOD franchise, obviously better than the Jets but the Giants and their fans act like they are the yankees of the NFL which is comical. Please read what I am actually posting and do not make up your own theories about what I post.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

There are only 3 NFL Franchises that have more total Championships than the Giants (Packers, Bears & Browns) and only 3 teams that have more Super Bowl titles (Steelers, 49ers & Cowboys)

16. FriendlyGiantsFan

Reality and logic aren't your friends ever. When have the Giants or their fans ever acted like the Yankees of the NFL? The only team that can even come close to earning that title are the Steelers and their fans are too busy sleeping with family (does this explain your lack of intellect on...everything?) and lighting couches on fire to act like Yankee fans.

If you're going to use a straw man argument at least make it remotely valid. And yeah, I would saying describing the Giants history as "losing championships" earns ineptitude and mediocrity as labels.

I shouldn't be surprised though; what does one expect from a swine, save for a grunt?

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Steelers?

They were mostly inept in their first 40 years.

Green Bay is more like the Yankees than any other NFL franchise. They have won titles throughout their history. Also, the Packers and Yankees are two of the oldest franchises in their sports.

If anyone wants to say that the 49ers or Cowboys or Dolphins or Raiders are more Yankee-like than the Packers, well, those franchises aren't as old as the Packers. Those franchises are better to be compared to expansion baseball teams.

18. nyjunc

and only 3 that have played for more years, that's like crowing about winning a bronze medal w/ only 3 teams involved.

When? all the time, did you see the giants press release after "winning" the "coin toss"?

have someone read my posts for you since you are obviously having trouble and when you undrestand what I have actually written then let me know what you think.

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Only 3 teams have more Super Bowl wins. Or does that not count either because they started playing in 1925?

20. nyjunc

Only 44 SBs have been played and they are tied w/ 4-5 teams w/ 3 SB titles. This is a franchise that didn't even make a postseason in the SB era until the year of SB XVI. They are a GOOD franchise, they are not elite.