Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

then why root for a team or play on one?

sports seems like some sort of sadistic game of failure.

we should ban sports if so many people are unsuccessful.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that's a ridiculous argument and depends on believing that winning and losing occurs in a vacuum. if a team goes 1-15 one season, then improves to 7-9 the next, that following season is still a success despite the fact that it is a losing season. success is judged in comparison, not as an absolute, or else only one team would be successful every season despite the fact that many teams have winning seasons. big difference between setting reasonable goals and accomplishing them and the ultimate success of winning a championship (or comparably having a winning season).

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

interesting

per rotoworld.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

4. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

champ knows all about being successful, as he considers it a victory every time he makes it to the toilet to take a dump.

He is successful nearly half the time!!

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Hmmm...wonder why the Jets went after him?

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

bingo...bango...bongo. :)

7. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

So, Prea, you were saying......... this is a quote from LT's call with ESPN today:

After leaving Minnesota, Tomlinson spent Friday with the Jets and had dinner with Tannenbaum, coach Rex Ryan and other team officials. He flew back home to San Diego on Saturday and made up his mind.

"I couldn't see the future, but I always wanted to live in New York and have the opportunity to play on that wonderful stage," he said. "Obviously, now I get that opportunity and I'm excited about it."

8. Prea

Prea New Member

Yea he's a traitor.

I wonder if he'll show his true colors again with the jets, sulking on the sidelines anytime anything goes wrong. Only it will be magnified 100x by the NY media.

9. Johnny English

Hang on, how's he a traitor? Your team cut him, what's he supposed to do - retire in a pit of despair that he doesn't get to watch Rivers looking him off in favour of low percentage passes any more?

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, well, and then the Chargers got rid of him and changed all those warm feelings.

Tomlinson is not a traitor based upon that pre-2009 season quote and what transpired here in 2010.

#1410 Cakes, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  11. Prea

Prea New Member

Before he was cut, he went on the radio and he pretty much blamed everyone besides himself on the playoff loss. He blamed management for all the changes the past few years (getting rid of marty and co), blamed norv/change in philosophy on his decreased stats, and said there were too many "me" players on the team. Yet he never once said that he should have done a better, when his horrible running was a major reason for the loss. (although the rest of the season all we heard was how happy he was)

And now he's going to the same team where one of the "me" players went (cromartie), saying there would be no greater place to bring a championship than new york, and saying that he always wanted to live in NY.

#1411 Prea, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  12. Johnny English

Boo hoo. My heart's breaking for you.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'd prefer suffer a career-ending injury.

14. Prea

Prea New Member

What do you mean by this?

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I know you've only been watching football since 2003, but I think it's pretty sad that you don't know what high and low percentage passes are.

Norv Turner would rather have his quarterback chuck the ball down the field than have him check down. That's why his system always seems to fail.

Rivers has had great numbers under Turner for the most part. However, they're running game has declined.

16. Prea

Prea New Member

What do you think we use guys like sproles (50 receptions this year.....tomlinson had another 20), gates, and naanee for? (although gates does run a good bit deep routes)

I don't see how he would have a completion percentage on par with the other top QB's (65%) by chucking it down the field all the time, although we do probably chuck it down field more than most

#1417 Prea, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Sproles had 45 receptions in the regular season and a lot of those receptions were on designed screens.

Antonio Gates is an intermediate receiver. The guy's a hell of a safety net for his quarterback because he's such a mismatch against linebackers, but he's still not used in a check down role.

Legz Naanee is just too small to play tight end and too slow to play receiver. I wouldn't call him a check down option. The guy had ten games with one reception or less.

#1418 Mr Electric, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  18. Prea

Prea New Member

Earlier in the year we used a lot more screens, but teams got better at stopping them and i saw them a lot less as the season went on. RB's have always been used for check downs with the chargers, with LT in the past, and Sproles currently.
    Maybe not on a regular basis, but he is on occasion.

Too slow? He ran a 4.41 40

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

There's a big difference between how fast he moves wearing a t-shirt, compression shorts and track shoes in a straight line on a track after spending weeks training to run wearing a t-shirt, compression shorts and track shoes in a straight line on a track and how fast he runs with pads on while playing football and running routes.