Jets, Giants resolve turf battle over their new turf

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jcjet, Mar 15, 2010.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I don't think it is their fault either they want to host the first game just like us.

What pisses me off is the Media giving Woody shit for standing up to Goodell and his decision on this issue. Woody is just standing up for the franchise by stating that this was handled poorly and should have been transparent. Woody is just demanding to be respected. The way this was handled was unfair and disrpectful to the Jets and Woody had to stand up and say this is BS.

2. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

If I recall correctly, ESPN showed mostly rivalry games all of last season. They love story-lines on that network so a Jets/Vikings matchup wouldn't surprise me. But, I'm hopefully leaning towards it being a Jets/Pats or Jets/Dolphins game.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

junc knows elite franchises

4. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

This.

...relliF

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha Evan Roberts saying they couldn't agree on which topic they wanted to open the show with, so they decided to flip a coin for it. And he said, "Oh, by the way, I already flipped the coin...trust me...I did it about 10 minutes ago."

6. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I am confident that there was never a "Coin Toss" in his VP's office. Lets put it this way if the Giants made a run to the NFC Title Game and the Jets flamed out there would be no argument over who opens the stadium. The Giant orginziation and their fans still think that the new stadium is theres and that the Jets are second class citizens in the new stadium. Another reason why I dislike the Giants.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You could have fooled me with the whole blue head thing you have going on in your avatar.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

But the thing is we're NOT second class citizens in the new stadium. They can think that all they want.

We just have to worry about making sure the next few years are OUR years, and outplay the Giants as much as possible. That'll set the tone for the new stadium more than ONE Sunday afternoon opener.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Winning a championship is never a joke. And way to throw in a nice personal attack about a completely different subject – one of which I am more than confident in my knowledge of.

Who cares how many playoff teams they played against. NE was 2-5 against the playoff teams. The Giants were 2-2. The Giants had a little bit better Defense and the 85 Pats had a little better offense. But breaking it down by position I would rather have a majority of the Giants
    QB – Collins > Eason / Grogan
    RB – Barber / Dayne > James / Collins
    WR – Toomer / Hilliard = Fryar / Morgan
    TE – Mitchell = Dawson/ Ramsey
    OL – Brown / Parker / Zeigler / Stone / Petitgout > Holloway / Hannah / Brock / Wooten / Moore
    DL – Jones / Strahan / Hamilton / Peter > Sims / Adams / Veris
    LB – Armstead Phillips / Barrow > Tippett / Blackmon / Nelson / McGrew
    DB – Sehorn / Thomas / Garnes / Williams < Clayborn / Lippett / James / Marion

The Giants played a great game but Favre played a great game the week before in the cold and snow.

7 total Championships including 3 Super Bowl titles (only 3 teams have more)

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I love Monday night games when it is not cold, and it won't be.

The place should be going nuts-

11. miamicane

miamicane New Member

u guys are the best--u dont think U r 2nd class citizens but goodell basically said--the jets are peasants. love all the bitching from gang green. i hope u r still waiting for that coin toss--the jets are a mickey mouse organization--just the fact that they knew they lost the coin toss and then put on there website that we will be having a coin toss. typical gang green, wanted to make a show out of a coin toss. have fun thanksgiving when u have to leave your family to goto east rutherford for a nite game in nov--your owner sure did u a solid on that one.

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't talk about owners and Mickey Mouse organizations.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I agree with that.

Just a nitpick, though-

The Giants actually are not an original franchise.

The only original franchises still in existence are the Cardinals and Bears.
    In 1920 the Cardinals were known as the Chicago Cardinals and the Bears were the Decatur Staleys.

The league's original name was the American Professional Football Association. It was changed to the National Football League before the 1922 season.

The Decatur Staleys moved to Chicago for 1921 and then changed the team nickname to Bears before the 1922 season.

The New York Giants entered the league in 1925.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Tony Kornheiser just spent 1 1/2 minutes on PTI ripping into the NFL about the secret coin flip. He brought up all of the issues raised here regarding the perceptions of the Giants and Jets in NY and in the NFL, saying that he was a Jets fan growing up and understands how Jets fans feel.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Did he say anything about Erin Andrews' skirt?

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...which means he's still a Jets' fan.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

[​IMG]

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You can match 'em up all you want, NE won one less reg season game against a much tougher sched and they had a much tougher road to the SB facing actual good teams on the road and they lost to perhaps the greatest SB team of all time and the score differential was nearly the same as the Giants vs. one of the worst SB Champs ever.

QBs: slight edge Collins.
    RBs: Tiki wasn't quite Tiki yet remember.
    Tiki & Dayne: 441 carries, 1776 yds, 4.03 YPC, 13 TDs
    Collins and James: 426 carries, 1884 yds, 4.42 YPC, 8 TDs
    edge Pats
    WRs: definitely edge Pats. NE didn't throw as much as the Giants did but Fryar averaged 17.2 yard pers rec and Morgan 19.5, they also scored 12 TDs. In a 200s offense those Pats WRs have about 100 recs each.
    TEs: neither had good TEs
    OL: how is the Giants OL better when the Pats had one of the best OL EVER(and a HOFer) and they paved the way for a better running game on less carries?
    DL: NYG got more production out of DL but they played a 4-3 while NE a 3-4
    LBs: NE has a HOfer and his '85 season was the best of any defensive player on either team- how were the Giants LBs better?
    DBs: Sehorn was not good at this point of his career, Clayborn was the best Db on either team. NE had 2 PBers to zero for the Giants- why were the Giants DBs better?

GB won b/c of their ground game against Seattle and it wasn't nearly as cold as the title game.

1 "championship" w/o playing a postseason game. They have 6 legit championships and they should have as many as anyone since they have played more seasons than all but 3 teams. They have also lost 12 Championship games. They are not elite w/ GB, Pitt, SF, Dallas, Chicago,...

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's asinine that we have a Thanksgiving game at home and that Woody would want a Thanksgiving game at home. I'm shocked, I was ok at detroit but this really sucks. I won't be there, I draw the line there and I hope the building is empty.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'll be there, how often do Jets have home Thanksgiving games? Umm, never-

We do the same shit every year for Thanksgiving, I'd love it if this were true.