Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Not true.

Sproles is actually a good blocker. He is small but he will up end ya and hit you high or low and he is very strong. He has no issues as a blocker in the backfield. LT used to be pretty good at that and he still is but he seems to whiff more than usual these days. I wouldnt say Sproles is way better at it but he certainly is a good blocker. LT can still block though.

As for a reciever out of the backfield....LT isnt more polished. He obviously has more career receptions but both are very good at it and LT used to catch everything but while he is still good at it, he just seems to not be as good. His overall game isnt as good but he can still be effective.
    Sproles is actually a great player but we have to pay him 7.3 million to stay this season and his agent wants big money for a long term deal which AJ isnt willing to give to a part time RB.

I am in no way trying to dis LT at all. I love the guy, but it is what it is now. He isnt what he was. He is a great dude and you all will see that. Im sure there were a lot here that blasted him for sitting out that playoff game like all easy coasters did but he was hurt. He couldnt go.

#1321 Boltjolt, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

it had nothing to do with the way anybody plays on the field, just that lowery would probably desire his old number back, he could have scooped it up before LT was even on the team, 21 was vacant when LT signed possibly.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

LT isn't buying shit from Lowery. Dwight will probably change numbers willingly...

4. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

It's just my opinion, but I'm not liking this. I think he's done, but he's a Jet now so I extend to him a welcome. I hope he proves me wrong, I just think this is a drop off from TJ. Carry on fellas!

5. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

thank christ, someone else here gets it...

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Right...LT has 2,880 carries and over 500 receptions. That a ton of work. He keeps himslef in great shape but he is a 30 year old RB who is near 3,000 carries.

LT was hurt most of 2008 with the toe. It was never 100% but LT wont make excuses. He had a bad ankle early on last season but he was not hurt all year with that. It was a combination of LT not being the same and our OL sucking. Sproles is quicker than LT now and he didnt fair much better.

7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Well he has done more than Marty did when we were 14-2. Im not a big Norv fan because he dont get the players in check like Marty would but he is a decent coach. Persoannly i love what he has done with Rivers developement but i liked Cam Cameron better as a playcaller. Norv does go more downfield with the passing game than Cam did and likes the screens more.

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

He is a good pass blocker. It dont matter how he blocks them. But he does and they have no qualms about using him to stay in and block but he was mostly a 3rd down guy and when LT was hurt, he was the guy and he can block.

Clearly you arent familiar with our team as we are so i dont know why you are so insistant about it. Now i agree Sproles isnt way better than LT ever was as a blocker. I have no idea how old that Charger fan is but that isnt accurate, but Sproles can block whether you think he can or not. Im telling ya, Sproles only 185 lbs but he is a very strong dude. And sory, he isnt an everydown back because he cant pound the ball 20 times every week. Not because of his blocking.

Maybe you dont know as much about our players as you think?

I think LT can still be effective and i HATED to see him go but it was the best for our team i have to admit. AJ Smith doesnt put the OL as a priority and he should. Since he has been the GM he has used two picks on the OL from 3rd round on up and no firsts. McNeill (2nd) and Hardwick (3rd).

#1328 Boltjolt, Mar 15, 2010
  9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

What are you even doing here? Chargers board pissed off that LT actually has an Oline to run behind now?

10. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

i think they want to make sure that we know that they will not be missing these players.
    kinda like girls when they get dumped for someone else, they talk shit

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

No not at all. Should we be? Am i not allowed to talk about him here? What do you care if i do?

I wish LT all the success in the world and hope he gets a ring but not at our expense. Hope he gets 1,000 yards too and adds to his totals. Actually i think it will be interesting to see how he does with a good OL because he can still run, just not as well.

#1331 Boltjolt, Mar 15, 2010
  12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

better question is why is mrelectric getting involved in pissing matches about stuff that doesnt matter.... AND HE IS COMPLETELY WRONG.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Even better question: Why are you alive? I thought I put an end to your e-life months ago...

Don't you know by now, man? I'm never wrong.

It mattered at the time and I made my points.

LT is a better pass blocker than Darren Sproles.

LT is a better receiver than Darren Sproles.

LT is better running back than Darren Sproles.

Nobody's going to come to TGG and spew a bunch of shit and get away with it. That "fan" admitted he's been watching the Chargers for less than ten years - he doesn't have a clue about this game. With the exception of a few TGG regulars, I absolutely hate every non-Jets poster that comes to this board.

Sproles has definitely added weight and improved as a blocker since he's been in this league, but he's still not effective as an inside runner or as a blocker. Those were his two biggest knocks coming out of Kansas State. I'll give him credit: when it comes to pass-pro, he's done better than everyone thought, but he's not good at it...he's mediocre-at-best.

#1333 Mr Electric, Mar 15, 2010
  14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He's an idiot if he does. He could at least get a kick-ass grill out of this like Feagles got from Plax.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

or a couple 5 star whores

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Or a nice boat...where he can bring some 5 star whores.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This isn't Minnesota.

18. Phear

Phear New Member

What is the point of you even saying anything when MrE wasn't even having a debate with you? every time i see you post, you come in with some one liner trying to bash someone.

Anyway....this is a good signing any way you look at it. The argument of TJ vs LT is moot. Jones was not going to see 6mil for 1 year, he didn't want to restructure. i do not know how people still can not comprehend this. LT is making less in 2 years time then TJ was going to make in 1 year. The move made perfect business sense. And over all LT is a better all around player than TJ is, period.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Therein is the answer. A two year deal, for less money than TJ would have been guaranteed for this year alone. A TJ that I am guessing does not want to be a backup.

I read a PFT article this morning (my bad) by mistake that right away digs at the Jets, saying it was a mistake. They were saying again that the Jets had a chance to match and chose not too. I have not seen this anywhere else, nor has Tanny made any reference to it that I can see. Sounds like an agent just talking and Florio is biting, as usual.

TJ is older, and not the receiver that LT is, he adds another dimension. People say it was a mistake, fans think it is another screwup by the Jets. But what they all simply don't get is, LT is the backup, not the starter, but can start in a spot if needed. They are not looking for 300 carries out of him, hell, maybe not even 150. But I can see 40-50 receptions in his future, with 100-150 carries.

It is worth a shot, and LT seems willing to backup Greene, so this is not like a move that will cripple the Jets, this is not like the Brett Favre move at all.

20. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

The ESPN report I read stated that TJ allowed the Jets the opportunity to match his $5M over two year deal that he got from the Chiefs.

That is why there is a discussion. We're talking about $100-700k more for a 10 month younger player that rushed for less than half as many yards.

#1340 JetFanInMD, Mar 15, 2010