Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I would say that is part of it, like someone else said, perhaps they could see Jones was not going to accept being the backup. Plus consider Jones is older than LT and is not a good reciever out of the backfield. Perhaps they were looking for more passing options for Sanchez. We may never know every detail.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yeah, the difference here is he's not being looked at as a savior. He's coming in with a role that fits where he is in his career.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Luckily for Dwight Lowery his old #25 has opened up recently, so now LT can have his #21.

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Hopfully LT is successful in his role and helps the Jets to greater future endevours.

Oh, and doesn't suck at the end of the season like Favre did.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everybody keeps talking about the money..it's not the money. The Jets have all the money in the world and no cap..they didn't not sign Jones or not keep Jones because of money. They simply didn't want him on the team anymore period. Ask them why..I have no idea but I can guess and it goes back to his demands last off season.

6. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

So they were holding a grudge Don? And they let him score all the TD's last year?

Redicilous!

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

With TJ Gone i like the movie, LT is a vet who will mentor green and be a locker room presence and i believe he still has something left in the tank.

8. Bvon

Bvon New Member

He will be a 3rd down option and a goal-line option instead of Greene. I'm thinking Leon might be expendable now with LT coming on. Unless he's going to just be a kickoff/punt return guy again.

9. jgangstahippie7:18

If we don't trade Leon.
    We can use him as a KR/PR/Slot WR in some situations.

10. skeleton_frames

Totally. The idea of LT leaking out into the flat on 3rd down to catch passes is awesome. As much as I love Tony Richardson, watching him catch 3rd and long screens was painful.

Fills a great role, plus, LT's still got a great nose for the endzone.

I don't think 700 yds, 8 TDs is out of the question.

Can't see keeping Washington. Need another pounder to back up Greene from the late rounds of the draft.

11. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Love the move. Really hope Leon comes back though. I wonder what he thinks of all this?

12. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I'm honestly more excited than I've been in a long time as a Jets fan, I love LT like a fat kid loves cake.

13. Engelke

Engelke New Member

sweet action! hopefully he can help get us to the promised land this year. as im not much of a cowboys fan, this would give me a good excuse to check out the new stadium (since theyre hosting the SB this year), haha.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Fixed that for you. If LT wants his number back he can buy it back from Lowery. It's not like Lowery is coming off of his rookie season. Vets buy from vets, especially when neither of them are starters. LT throws him a couple of bottles of Don and it's settled.

15. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

I think part of the reason the Jets made this move was to send a message to Leon's dipshit agent that the team isn't afraid of losing him for a 2nd rounder. Seeing as how the market isn't quite playing out for Leon like he thought it would, I have a feeling he'll be back. While it definitely will cut into the amount of carries/touches he gets, it also takes a lot of pressure off of him to come back from that injury right away.

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I think LT/Greene is going to be a better 1-2 punch than TJ/Greene was. Jones really didn't do anything better than Greene, or at least we knew we had a better chance at a big play whenever Greene toted the rock. Hopefully with the help of our O-line LT can find some of that LT finesse and add that to the backfield. Plus LT adds a receiving threat to the backfield that we did not have last season after Leon's injury. Even with Leon we didn't really have someone who could really catch and run with it on early downs.

17. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

So how much will Ladianian offer Lowery for his jersey number?

I call $10k.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Well, after Portis signed his $50.5million deal with Washington, he had to buy Ifeanyi Ohalete, a 12-pack for every home game and let him use his house for a few parties.

Scaling that down to $5.5million, I'm guessing a bottle of Miller Light during the bye week, a razor scooter(used) and Lowery is allowed to say he's met LT in public.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

GeT_oHaLeTe!

20. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

id think lowery would want his old number back now that its availible, he definitely had a bigger impact in college.