Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Another back or an offensive tackle/offensive guard/nose tackle/defensive end/outside linebacker.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I. Do.

He's a better option than any receiver in this year's draft.

Brandon Marshall is a hell of a player, but I don't want a whiny bitch like that in our locker room.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't want Marshall, but with the talk of the Jets discussing a trade for him and now LT being brought in it makes a lot of sense. LT is a similar back to Leon.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

if somehow...someway (and if anyone can pull it off..it's Tanny)...the Jets FO can fleece the Broncos for Marshall....they better do it in a heartbeat.

And by "Fleece"...i mean something along the lines of Leon and a 4th rounder.

With Marshall's market dropping like a stone (everybody knows the Broncos want him out)....it's conceivable that he could be had for a small price.

EDIT: i understand people are afraid of the lockeroom being divided and such over a move like this......but if it meant a superbowl win....i'd lace the lockeroom with napalm myself.

#1224 MBGreen, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

It was a rotoworld rumor about an internal discussion from God knows when. I'm not really putting too much faith into that rumor.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

It's a good point, but Greene also had a little ball security problem last year. You REALLY don't want to cough up the ball on the goal line. Some players just have a nose for the endzone when it's a yard or two away. TJ and LT both have that quality and neither of them are power backs.

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'd like to believe you, because I really value your input cause you are always dead on, but I just can't trust on someone with hardcore dropsies to be our number 1. Can it change? Absolutely. But I do not feel comfortable with him. Plus, I think J-Co would be a fucking dominant slot receiver.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

You didn't believe Marty1090 either. :wink:

I saw the report from National Football Post, not rotoworld.

9. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

Because Greene has a tendency to put the ball on the ground...

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I know where you're coming from, but I am banking on him improving his concentration. Some of those drops were just ridiculous last year. Edwards has all the talent in the world - he just needs to put it all together.

In the end, Sanchez's confidence in Edwards is all that matters. If he feels confident throwing the ball to Edwards, we'll consistently win a lot of games.

11. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

+1

I think that we are stronger in the back field but I cannot feel comfortable with a guy with Edwards problems. People talk about that this guy can be really good when he puts his mind to it, well he has been in the league for 5 years and he has really lived up to his potential, what once, I cant really say this guy has the drive to really improve himself, I'm not sure he can motivate himself and I dont think anyone can motivate him

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I was in favor of letting Jones go, but not if we got TJ light in return. We just "upgraded" the runnning attack by replacing a back who gained over the last 2 seasons 2700 yards for 4.3 ypc and 27 TDs for a back that gained 1800 yards for 3.5 ypc and 23 TDs. I'm just not so sure I see the upgrade, especially when you consider how many carries LT has in his career.

And as for those criticizing those of us who have doubts, you are being ridiculous. There is a reason players get cut and the doubts and questions around LT are legitimate. It is a very real possibility that LT is washed up.

#1232 Joe Willie White Shoes, Mar 14, 2010
  13. no psls

no psls Banned

Tomlinson is a dog like Abraham - pulling himself from a playoff game - He's Done !!!!!!!!!!

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

If Greene is not going to get 20+ carries because of the fumbles and LT was signed to carry the mail for this team, then the Jets are in deep shit.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

There's also a reason TJ got cut. It's a very real possibility that TJ is washed up.

Again, role player is the key term.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I think when it comes to Edwards....he just needs more time to work with Sanchez in the offseason and get a full TC under his belt. Given the circumstances from the past season (being thrown to the wolves midseason)....Edwards did a bang up job.

I think Edwards is great for this team.....would I like to see Marshall on the other side? From a talent perspective...you'd have to be out of your mind to say "no" to that.

17. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I don't really understand all the talk about taking an NT, we have Jenk and Pouha who was very good in Jenks absense. A pass rusher and or DE and Oline depth are bigger needs in my boook

18. WhiteShoeWillis

Age.
    fillerup

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I think Sione Pouha is more valuable than a lot of people think. He's got value as a rotational nose and at defensive end in short yardage situations.

However, he and Jenkins are both in their 30s, so we have to look at getting a replacement soon. The time is now: 2010's draft is filled with 3-4 linemen.

If the Jets can get a versatile big man like UNC's Cam Thomas or ECU's Linval Joseph in the second round, they'll be able to get immediate value out of either of them. Both have the size to play nose and the athleticism to line up at end.

20. Prea

Prea New Member

Um this charger fan has watched every game from 2003-2009. How many games did you watch?

And LT was completely healthy from week 6 all the way through the jets game this year
    I don't understand why this is so hard for you guys to believe. He's used to pick up blitzes all the time. He's agile/quick so he can move wherever he needs to. And his small sizes gives him good leverage.

He's #43 (notice how they're all on 3rd down passing situations too)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1240 Prea, Mar 14, 2010